What's new

FREAKS!!! post your freaks and grower anomalies

sahdgrower

its been posted but this is mine

its been posted but this is mine

Hi IC, I know it isn't original but I have never seen it. My leaf is growing a bud!

Opposite leaf also has a bud. TGA Subcool Vortex from seed.

searcher

toke'a'bowl

Hi IC, I know it isn't original but I have never seen it. My leaf is growing a bud!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50492&pictureid=1218692&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50492&pictureid=1218691&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Opposite leaf also has a bud. TGA Subcool Vortex from seed.

Ha same thing happened to me last grow.

World of Seeds- Wild Thai
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 18
check this one out the bottom leaf on the left is fused or webbed and the coloring trips me out too

Attachments

• SAM_0196.jpg
    SAM_0196.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
  • SAM_0197.jpg
    SAM_0197.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 21

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Without chlorophyll, there's no way for the plant to get enough nutrients to survive. I would guess that the seedling was still taking nourishment from the food stores that were contained in the seed. Once those are used up, no amount of additional, artificial nutrients will keep it alive.

A number of variegated plants (those with a nice balance of areas that contain chlorophyll and those that are lacking) will inevitably produce a mixture of offspring that are either all-green, variegated with green and white/yellow, or complete albinos, which will die.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/hershey/

View Image
Wow that's trippy

Sativied

Veteran
Cannalope Haze quad:
picture.php

Chunk tricod:
picture.php

CH:
picture.php

Trichs within 24hr (ICE Haze):
picture.php

24hrs later:
picture.php

Don't have a pic unfortunately but the quad dad above also created a freak seedling that was also a quad but stopped after the 2nd internode, as in no new shoots at all. It sort of topped itself to dead.

Sativied

Veteran
Ok one more, this is a bud on a Skywalker Kush plant that decided to be different and expanded mostly horizontally:
picture.php

Sativied

Veteran
Can't edit my posts (yet?) so here is separately a bud from a Liberty Haze plant which is referred to as freak pheno as it had really skinny and stretch almost dr grinspoon - like buds.

picture.php

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That last photo is WILD lovekush!!

What do you think causes the anom. node bulge?

Cheers,
BeL

Hey BL! Cheers ...
I think it's a "recessive" residue, not a cause. If I remember correctly, I read some comments by Dj on this curious node from a male.
His has not created problems, the plant has finished flowering, without having disappointed nobody ;-) but as you can see, to understand sex is not been easy: biggrin:

Ah some old phenotype, have the leaves in flames ...

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i've had node bulge a lot, not to the levels in your pics. i thought maybe if was from lots more moisture near the top of the pot than the lower roots. i get it on all plants male and female.

picture.php

picture.php

was in the process of killing a suffering plant and whilst viciously ripping off leaves i noticed this one one of the upper nodes. right in there, these are secondary fan leaves not mains.

i feel like i'm in a special club now. the buds on fans club.

Sativied

Veteran
Is this a hermie nug full of seeds or just an ugly Daughter of a bitch?
The latter, no seeds and very little amount of leaves. The weirdest thing about it was mainly that it stayed very small, her larger sisters were somewhat freaky themselves, but similar structure.

MEGA FOXTAILS:
picture.php
(e.g. the horizontal 'bud' at the bottom right of the picture started as a foxtail.

picture.php

Had to take her down after about 12 weeks because the rest was done else this one would have kept going and going.

DJXX

Veteran
What that shit taste like?
that bud was no larger than a dime and when it shrank down to 1/4 the size, i didn't even try to puff it......looked cool though...the other buds were awesome smoke...the tahoe came through the most..dj