What's new

FOX FARM HATES YOU

Cojito

I don't know exactly where you are, but if you're in the States, then you are simply looking for employment in the wrong industries if you don't want to be drug tested. Here is a list of industries and/or positions that I know of, that I've worked in, that do not drug test:

1) Anything music related, like working at your local Guitar Center or equivalent
2) Hospitality (at least, the restaurant/night club side of things, as opposed to the hotel side... this can mean as a server, a barback, a bartender, a bouncer, etc.)
3) Hydro shops, or even just some boutique-style garden centers
4) Many valet-parking jobs (I know, figure that one out!)
5) Many technical support type jobs, like help desk or call center jobs
6) I don't know, the list goes on and on

So, my thoughts are to just change up your search tactics a bit, and stop looking for work in industries that are guaranteed to piss test you. But that brings me to my next point: I fart in the general direction of piss tests. They've never stopped me from getting important jobs in the past. It's called "urine substitution kits."

:) thanks. but i'm not looking for work or to piss in someones cup.

yes, good point, there are still jobs (often low paying, few benefits) you can get without a test. and yes, you can beat the test today. but what happens tomorrow or next year? will the test be more sophisticated, more intrusive? will all jobs require a test at the behest of insurance companies?

the point is we are giving up our freedoms and we don't seem to give a fuck. and it'll probably only get worse.

B

Bud Bug

And that has what to do with drug testing? I think you've shown your true colors in this thread.

No the chances of "everybody" doing it as a s good as you getting hit by an airplane. What if this? What if that? Well stay at home and lock your door. With that kind of thinking you deserve to be a stoner with no ambitions.

supermanlives

Veteran
if they want clean pee .they better pay 30$ an hour or more. when i worked in the steelmill they had gov contracts so we all got tested but they paid$$$$

Japanfreakier

Veteran
With that kind of thinking you deserve to be a stoner with no ambitions.

Say what? I have a successful business, support 2 households and live in the most expensive city in the world, traveled the world. What the fuck have you done besides tell people to give up their freedom to get a job showing everybody what an asshole you are in the process? Fuck you dude.

"By 1996, an American Management Association survey indicated that more than 80 percent of responding employers required workers to submit to drug tests on at least a "random testing" basis. That percentage dropped by more than 10 percent by 1999, and observers believe that the number is actually lower since small companies, which were not part of the survey, are less likely to use drug testing. But many analysts believe that this downward trend was primarily a reflection of the nation's tight labor market for skilled employees. They contend that use of drug testing policies will rise again when unemployment rates rise and businesses can afford to be more selective and deliberate in their hiring processes."

midgethorse

Is that frog soil stuff made by fox farms? Happy frog they call it.
I gotta say, if I owned a biz I may drug test , depending on what line of work were in of course....
But on the other hand, fox farm , perhaps should take into consideration most their soil is used for mj. Just my opinion .
Im not going to buy their shit. I "was" going to use it next summer. Shouldnt be hard to find a replacement, I hope...hence...the happy frog question..
Lets just pretend everyone that uses it for mj, med, and non med got all pissy about this and actually stopped buying it , told Fox Farm why they stopped using it.
I bet their sales would fall like hell...and maybe.. just maybe.. that decent hard working mj user would have a shot at a job..
This would never happen...but its the principle.

On the look out for airplanes...
Your friend and mine
Midgethorse.

S

sparkjumper

I love fox farm products,even their perlite is superior to any out there.I'm trying to grow the best erb possible,and fox farm products has made that a reality.The fact that they want to save money on insurance by being a drug free workplace means a whole lotta nuthin to me.I dont work for them,but their products damn sure work for me!

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
This is Disgusting.

This is Disgusting.

I simply can't believe how many of my "fellow stoners" just don't give a shit.
I (in my not so fucking humble opinion) am disgusted.
Employment drug testing is a sickening violation of basic humanity.
It is degrading.
Using employers, insurance comps. etc. to act as police is a BIG step towards an even more Orwellian/Nazi future, with everyone LEGALLY COMPELLED to SNITCH on everyone else.

Medical/diagnostic tests are for me and my Dr., not some scumbag "human resources" dept.

And ,no, I don't need a job at any of these places.

I smoke Herb almost constantly, and still manage to earn a" meager" $150+ per hr.
Not so bad for a pothead/hippie type,eh?

So, maybe some of you folk's should take a look at THIS, he didn't want herb legalized.
I feel very bad for him, NO ONE should EVER be fucked over by the Nazi's, even for , IMNSFHO, a poorly thought out sig.

SD:tiphat:

Last edited:
B

Bud Bug

Employment drug testing is a sickening violation of basic humanity.

Its a private company, they can do what ever they want within the law. Don't like it, don't apply there or don't support their products.

So you're saying they should bow down to some stoner and stop drug testing so you can smoke dope in your leisure time? :laughing:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Its a private company, they can do what ever they want within the law. Don't like it, don't apply there or don't support their products.

So you're saying they should bow down to some stoner and stop drug testing so you can smoke dope in your leisure time? :laughing:

Thanks' for explaining this for me.
See, I always thought Nazi slave labor and Jim Crow laws were BAD THINGS!
Now, through your more enlightened approach, I realize these were just good, law-abiding businessmen with a sharp eye for profit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IG_Farben_Trial) and, better yet, concerned citizens! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws)

Thanks again :thank you:

SD

Almost forgot, as far as the second part of your reply,

Yes, I do! Actually, I DEMAND IT!

Last edited:
B

Bud Bug

Almost forgot, as far as the second part of your reply,

Yes, I do! Actually, I DEMAND IT!

Come back when its legal then maybe you'll have a leg to stand on.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I bitched one time about them not having a 'born on' date on their goods thus eliminating buying old stock from shelves, I complained about reduced crop size & profits without mentioning or even hinting @ cannabis (nor did I mention buying from a 'hydro shop') and I received some free product from them with an apology.

B

Bud Bug

People are being fired in medical states. Sick people. Get it? doubt it.

If federal and labor laws trump medical laws then whats to get? A business owner has to do whats best for the business not whats best for a pot smoker who might put himself, other workers and the business in danger or legal problems.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Hiring policies aside...

Their soil began to suck for me about a year ago. I'm told this is because the West Coast and East Coast soils are now made with different ingredients (I'm in the midwest). I switched to Biobizz Allmix and have noticed much better results.

I'm slowly switching off their bottle as well. I've been fiddling with General Organics gear and have been very pleased.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
If federal and labor laws trump medical laws then whats to get? A business owner has to do whats best for the business not whats best for a pot smoker who might put himself, other workers and the business in danger or legal problems.

I guess you didn't check out the I.G Farben link,:laughing:

Dude, your mind is blown :blowbubbles:
Seek help.
I hear great things about prefrontal lobotomy :whee: , ask your health care professional, maybe they have a two for one deal!:jump:
Hopefully, it's not too late.

Done here, you need help:wave:

SD