What's new

FOX FARM HATES YOU

AND THEY DONT WANT YOUR BUSINESS every dollar is a vote and i am no longer voting for fox farm.
THEY DRUG TEST
http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/jobsfox.html:fsu:

Your both right. Try calling fox farms and asking them any kind of medical marijuana related questions. I haven't done it personally, but i was told to expect to get a nasty response and get hung up on. Pretty lame considering they must know what most of there products are used for.

G

good drown

maybe its for legal reason perhaps...

...the not supporting marijuana growing

just a guess

DeoXy

Your both right. Try calling fox farms and asking them any kind of medical marijuana related questions. I haven't done it personally, but i was told to expect to get a nasty response and get hung up on. Pretty lame considering they must know what most of there products are used for.

Of coarse what else do you expect?... It's like a pipe shop.. they know wtf a 6ft bong is used for or a gas mask bong even tho it's labeled "tobacco use only"... it's to protect their business.. call and ask them about tomato plants and im sure you will get a different answer... a little common sense.. we live in the US not some country that openly tolerates...

and btw what companies don't drug test these days?.. that doesn't make them a bad company.

Well. Who the fuck wants some crack head/meth head working for them?

Get it?
a. record companies
b. its called discretion, if a person shows up on time , looks and acts professional, and does a good job its not the bosses concern if that person gives themselves methadone enemas in their own private home
IF I PERSON IS A GOOD WORKER IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT COLOR A CHEMISTRY SET TURNS AFTER THEY PISS ON IT

supermanlives

Veteran
i dont want to work for them just use their ferts. lots of places drug test. most good paying jobs seem to drug test

G

guest456mpy

and btw what companies don't drug test these days?.. it's their right to!.. that doesn't make them a bad company.

WRONG!

It is your right to put in your body what you want.

Giving them that "right" is supporting a nanny state that "helps me from myself", what utter bullshit.

DevilWeed

Sorry, have to disagree with most. I wish they were more selective about what they test for but I can definitely see the need for testing. The labor laws in this country can prevent a company from firing someone with a drug problem. Instead, they're stuck with a dead beat worker (if that's the case) and they have to allow the worker to get help. So once they sign the paper work, they're screwed. I know it's not that cut and dry, but I think companies just don't want the hassle.

Besides, the day I can't quit smoking for a month to get a job I need to support my family is the day I need to quit for good.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Whether I agree with drug testing or not I believe it should be up to the company to choose how they want to run their business. I agree people should be able to do what they want at home but those who come up dirty for dope or alcohol AT the drug test really isn't someone I would want working with me.

You can't clean up for a day from that shit?

Now I wouldn't test for herb though because unlike actual drugs that fuck people up, herb stays around too long for you to know if they smoked RIGHT THEN or not.

A business should have the right to ask for one or not. I think there should be a test that can only detect what has been done within the last 4-6 hours or something like that. No offense to those who drink or do dope in the morning before job interviews or drug tests though lol.

Seed Buyer

I have meet the owner/proprietor of Fox Farm, Willie. He along w/ Larry founder of GH and Ed Rosenthal started this whole industry so to speak. Willie was mixing the dirt and Larry was mixing the nutrients. Drug testing is just a formality for almost every profitable large business. Do they really drug test? I highly doubt it. Does half their employees grow herb? I would imagine more than likely. They are based in Arcata for gods sake. Willie has a multi million dollar business to protect. So if some idiot calls their corporate office asking for specific instructions on how to break federal laws, of course you are going to get a rude awakening!

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I have meet the owner/proprietor of Fox Farm, Willie. He along w/ Larry founder of GH and Ed Rosenthal started this whole industry so to speak. Willie was mixing the dirt and Larry was mixing the nutrients. Drug testing is just a formality for almost every profitable large business. Do they really drug test? I highly doubt it. Does half their employees grow herb? I would imagine more than likely. They are based in Arcata for gods sake. Willie has a multi million dollar business to protect. So if some idiot calls their corporate office asking for specific instructions on how to break federal laws, of course you are going to get a rude awakening!

^^^
well that sure makes a lot of sense to me!

727JoN

dunno if anyone has stated this obvious fact yet, but most of the time drug tests are actually a requirement for insurance's held by whatever business. so blame the insurance companies.

the gnome

Veteran
jeeez... if they provide insurance they have to test employee's
they provide workmans comp, they have to test.
its a good company to work for if you have a family... damn good!
single even.
they are a BUSINESS! not yer brothers cool friend.
they have a multi million dollar thing going on.
you don't work there right, so it ain't no skin off yer back is it?
don't buy their products, its your loss imo

copobo

pre-employment drug tests are IQ tests.

many employers discard positive thc results, don't test for pot, or give exemption for medical patients in Colorado.

none advertise this fact!