What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found my long lost seed collection

Zigsta

If you get those pre 2k AK47 seeds to germ, do the world a favor and make F2s.

That shit's desirable and impossible to find.

I already lost them mate.:badday:
Think i didnt treat them properly, nor give them enough time to germinate.

Lesson learned. Really gutted i lost them .
On a brighter note, ive got lots of other seeds from that time, so im getting them popped, and this time giving them better conditions and prepared for longer germination times.

Katsu

Veteran
No method yet has produced demonstrably better results than any other. I've gotten one Grape Crush and one Oxygen 19 x Bubba Kush to pop and veg out of about 30 beans. But I still have a handful of methods to try.

I've sent out about 15 packs of the seeds to other talented growers. I'm sure at least something will come of the beans :)

fabvariousk

Veteran
This was a cool read Katsu.
It takes me back to the happy days of c-bay when they had actual auctions that people had to fight over by bidding.
That Lemon Thai beauty and the Beast was impressive if I remember correctly.

MAN I MISS MY SEED COLLECTION,,,,I LOST ALL MY OLD GENETICS DUE TO STORAGE CONDITIONS......I WISH I COULD GET BACK THOSE BEANS....I WISH THERE WAS LIKE A SEEDBAY FOR OLD SEED STOCK....THE GOOD OLD DAYS...

bigbadbiddy

Katsu I forgot if it was asked:

I just read over your list again and saw that you have AK47 in there.

If those are the "old" good beans as I hope, can you make F2s?

You are the first person I have seen in many years to potentially hold legit pre 2k AK47 seeds.

I never understood why nobody has come out and made F2s from old stock, somebody must have the real AK47 in seed form leftover and it must be someone like you Katsu, who discovers an old seed stash.

Please, please, please make F2s and get them on the Bay if you don't mind while you're at it :D

OldSSSCGuy

No method yet has produced demonstrably better results than any other. I've gotten one Grape Crush and one Oxygen 19 x Bubba Kush to pop and veg out of about 30 beans. But I still have a handful of methods to try.

I've sent out about 15 packs of the seeds to other talented growers. I'm sure at least something will come of the beans :)

I did the same with selections from my SSSC 80's collective stash. No one has had any luck so far (one from IC was a liar thief) - but we are about to start all over again. Still have maybe 500 original SSSC beans plus my own crosses done at the same time. They still smell like 1986. :laughing:

Still hoping most for my baby - the ORIGINAL Williams Wonder.

Genes

SSSCGUY... if you are a canuck, send me a pm! Working on some germination tech for old seeds at the moment. Not going to say I am hot shit, infact - I am not. Have not nailed anything down yet, but have been looking at about 10% germination on some old seeds at the moment. Playing doctor with seed soaks, freezing, thermostats and planting embryos. Should find out tonight how a few surgeries did!! Have someone who will be kind enough to bring me some 30yr old seeds to see what will happen. If I can get those to show even a few heads I know I will be on the right track.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Do you have a worm bin around? Try throwing some seeds in it and see what happens! Mystic Funk found this to be one of the better method for germinating old seeds!

Good luck =)

TnTLabs

SSSCGUY... if you are a canuck, send me a pm! Working on some germination tech for old seeds at the moment. Not going to say I am hot shit, infact - I am not. Have not nailed anything down yet, but have been looking at about 10% germination on some old seeds at the moment. Playing doctor with seed soaks, freezing, thermostats and planting embryos. Should find out tonight how a few surgeries did!! Have someone who will be kind enough to bring me some 30yr old seeds to see what will happen. If I can get those to show even a few heads I know I will be on the right track.

yo genes, hows it going?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
as always ya very generous with your gear ........enjoy seeing ya around amigo.........

ganj on.......

barefoot........

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I used to work around some Killer Queen in a grow some years back but I didn't know anything about it. Loved the look/smell and to work with it. Any good primary info about that strain to be shared (original breeder, origins etc.)? I'd love to get another shot at it if there are going to be some F2's available in the future.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolutely radical list Katsu !
Some far out genetics in there.
The Bubba Kush, ist that an s1 then?
Will you be growing any of these out ?(sorry if that was answered already)

right on,

CC

OldSSSCGuy

OK. I think I got too buzzed and forgot this thread, and also don't know is anotherid is asking me, or the OP, or somebody else. Feel like I got a massive rush and forgot what everybody was talking about and wondering whether they are looking at me... heh...

Just to be sure it wasn't me that was being asked: no, none of the SSSC collection has ->successfully<- really germinated. I have gotten 2 in maybe 50 to germ and then die after a fashion; but I honestly can't tell if those few burst open from embryo activity or just swelling from saturation, you know?

Such is life... Same problem with my brain methinks. Expanding from overabsortion of adjacent stupidity.

Latest posts

Latest posts