What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found my long lost seed collection

superglue

so...
it was 24 out of 26
now...
it's 26 out of 26 and even number 27 that looked like a friggen acorn so it didn't count started a tail

now to see how many actually come up and survive to maturity

btw... great tip on the sponge bath

fwiw

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Wow.

Great to see you posting again, and soon to be growing.

Will you be keeping males for breeding?

Man, the Peak 19 and Peak 19 crosses excite me.
What's the MM x PK19 x AK47?

Jacks Cleaner and MLI are awesome as well

I hope those V.Blk F2's get OP'ed

Dog Star

Veteran
This coming back older genetics in a game is a very exciting to watch
and we can all learn something new as there will be tryed more different methods.

Wish you best Katsu in sprouted and survived rates

Genes

Katsu, how many packs of the strains listed are in your collection. I like to believe I have a very solid list, but many are simple 10seed packs. Glad to have you back :D

Katsu

Veteran
Katsu, how many packs of the strains listed are in your collection. I like to believe I have a very solid list, but many are simple 10seed packs. Glad to have you back :D

All the strains listed are in my collection, almost all of them are 10 seed packs, about 150 strains in total.

Genes

All the strains listed are in my collection, almost all of them are 10 seed packs, about 150 strains in total.
Cool! I feel pretty happy to hear that :)

What do you have planned at the top of the 'must crack' list :p?

Anything not on the list you wish you could get?

Also - what was the regimen with the GA3 and IAA. I have some GA3 tablets I have been a little anxious to soak!

Grizz

Veteran
glad to see you posting, been a few years, how about some pic's ? also I thought I had a lot of seeds but that list is bigger than Trumps girl friend list

neongreen

Veteran
do the choc trip and find a male to x to the gg4 :biggrin:

It's in progress, if it hasn't already been done :biggrin:

A quote from Santero from the "chocolate diesel reproduction" thread over on another forum:
some very interesting combos will happen along the ride. being a parental seedline of one of the genetics that made the gorrilla glue #4-clone, i will have the pleasure to create a 'double chocolate glue'-type of plant hitting the GG#4-clone with the up-coming males. i also will pop some of bodhi's 'chocolate trip'-reproduction (open pollinated version) in the 2nd wave of beans to make a few different "chocolate trip" backcross-lines as well. combinations with other sour diesel hybrid elites like straw-berry diesel, lemon larry, chiesel, sssdh ojd, et cetera will be interesting too, plus the gsc, ghost og, sour diesel riri and dhk/chaco and other stuff too, i guess *woah*

Thcvhunter

Veteran
You can do both.
Its all about labeling and how you pollinate.
Best scenario is using a paintbrush to pollinate individual branches and keep those branches labeled for Each type of pollen.

Zigsta

I've got a bunch of different methods to try on some of the old stock. I'm going to start with some random crosses I made myself that I have a fair amount of.

In general terms, the plan is to refrigerate the beans for at least a week. Scuff the beans with sandpaper. Soak them in sterile water with a little nitrogen boost for 12 hours, then sterile water with a hormone solution for another few hours, then plant just below the surface of shallow, pathogen free soil on a germination mat with fluorescent
lights. Keep slightly moist.

I've been told that I need to let them go for a while - I've heard crazy stories of old beans taking over 3 weeks to crack.

I may or may not play around with manually cracking the seams on a few of the beans and seeing if that helps

thank you for posting this.

Ive tried popping some old ak47 seeds from pre 2000, and also some kali mist. ALso tried some sensistar which were aleast 10 years old and lost em too. Maybe im not giving them long enough to pop after reading your post.

The seeds just turn very dark, and dont seed to open. Ive tried leaving them in water, also paper towel. Both failed.

Thanks for info, and great thread :tiphat:

bigbadbiddy

If you get those pre 2k AK47 seeds to germ, do the world a favor and make F2s.

That shit's desirable and impossible to find.