What's new

FORUM CHANGES - New Representatives Appointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The UL stands for "Underwriters Laboratory". It used to be an Insurance Industry organization, but now it is independent and non-profit. It tests electrical components and equipment for potential hazards. When something is UL-listed, that means that the UL has tested the device, and it meets their requirements for safety - ie: fire or shock hazard. It doesn't necessarily mean that the device actually does what it's supposed to, just that it probably won't kill you. The UL does not have power of law in the U.S. -- you are permitted to buy and install non-UL-listed devices. However, insurance policies sometimes have clauses in them that will limit their liability in case of a claim made in response to the failure of a non-UL-listed device.

Just a little quick fact in case anyone was wondering. ;)

MeanBean

yeah all current led units seem to come from china, and none of them are UL rated yet. I bet HGL will be the first though! Her units are already tested in these conditions before ever being mass produced.

The Units operate safely but no you can't poor water on them with you tongue on the cord, there not sotf proof. Just idiot proof. Also there alot less dangerous then exploding Grow Bulbs that have a long track record of burning down houses.

And guess what they were probably all UL rated. :confused::confused:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
shit quite a few haters on here whats bought all this on??

is it the fact that cammies attitude upset people or are the lights genuinly shit lol

i think i do have a 60 day return policy if not 100% happy

MeanBean

shit quite a few haters on here whats bought all this on??

is it the fact that cammies attitude upset people or are the lights genuinly shit lol

i think i do have a 60 day return policy if not 100% happy

That's right!! there's only a few Haters left, and no amount of information will satisfy them...

Cammie is a wonderful Girl, and her products also speak for themselves.

You wont be giving that 345w up lol, it's gonna be sweet!

Skip

Veteran
JJ, you're welcome to BAN anyone who goes off topic. The topic of this forum is LED lights, NOT LEDgirl. We don't allow personal attacks, so feel free to ban anyone who does it, without any warnings, as they've all been put on notice b4. Time to end this game.

MeanBean

I wish it didn't have to be that way skip! I hate to see anyone go myself but man there really shooting thereself in the foot when the break the entire communities posting guidelines.

Most of the time it is pointless patronizing though, nothing I would want a potential customer to see and get the wrong idea.

MeanBean

As for the UL tag, I just checked 2 of my Hydrotech ballasts and neither of them have a UL tag on them. But they have been known to have one of the safest ballasts for years. I'm not saying it's not good for something to be UL tested, but I don't think it means something is inferior or unsafe because it's not.

A good friend of mine has been using 2 of these lights for almost a year with no problems. And he recently got two more. He hasn't had a problem yet. I'll be sure to report if he does.

Thanks for your input on this matter JJScorpio, I was wondering how much of the current equipment we use even has this UL certification.

U4EA

No UL rating typically means a small-timer company (or a shady Chinese one) who didn't go through "the process" (paperwork and fees) to have it officially tested. Doesn't necessarily mean that it failed some testing.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
WTF? Zombo took off? @#$&!!!!

Zombo, come back. We love you. Mother loves you.

@#$&!!!!

this is lame, why don't you just give all of us another LED thread, not a vendor thread. it's giving people the wrong impression about HGL and their reps. i was a potential customer of ledgirl's, but after seeing her antics and bashing of critics, i went another way. that's life.

in my opinion criticism is good, and it is the only way anything gets any better.

MeanBean

this is lame, why don't you just give all of us another LED thread, not a vendor thread. it's giving people the wrong impression about HGL and their reps. i was a potential customer of ledgirl's, but after seeing her antics and bashing of critics, i went another way. that's life.

in my opinion criticism is good, and it is the only way anything gets any better.

mexicangreen I have no idea what "bashing" your talking about but I just don't see it. the only bashing I see is you and a few others who keep droping by to leave an ingnorant comments.

:blowbubbles:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What other possible options are there in this thread? This is not a thread about LED lights, this was a thread started by LEDGirl that she would not be posting on here anymore and this is how people feel about her & her company in response to that announcement. Maybe you should try listening to what people have to say so you do not become like her.

We are apparently not allowed to ask questions that portray the lights in a non-positive manner and one of the new "representatives" already quit after being newly announced (which had nothing to do with me) so really there is no option for anything but drama in this thread. Nobody makes anyone leave the forum, maybe zombo decided he did not want to represent HGL after hearing how people actually feel about the owner. I do not know zombo nor have I ever even spoke to him as far as I know but I am sure he had his own personal reasons for deciding to leave or change his username. I won't be held responsible for it as it had nothing to do with me. Maybe he was paranoid since we are growing pot?

Kharma Girl already said these people are not mods, they are just regular ICmaggers that are now seemingly representing a company that has somewhat of a bad rep around here from the actions of the owner so really tell me what can we talk about here? I tried talking about the LED lights in here and my posts were deleted.

I want to point out I fully respect the wishes of JJScorpio & Skip so you will notice this to be a completely neutral comment with no negativity or insults intended whatsoever towards MeanBean or the lights or anyone else here. I honestly wish everyone the best of success in all they do or whatever cause they support & most importantly I support LED light technology and it's advancement for growing Cannabis. There is always room for improvement in any product. Peace & good karma to you all. :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its obvious to me that L.E.D.'s do present an interesting option where lighting your plants is concerned.....and the technology involved with them is possibly still in it's infancy and has been and will continue to improve in time....this will effect costs as more people buy them to use and more companies start selling them.....so the price of them should go down and the results from using them should improve.....

What I would like to see here on ICM is a positive mental attitude to this relatively new method of lighting and the conversational discourse of information about them to stay on topic and vibrant without it sinking into personal attacks and nastiness......

Please keep it civil and informative because many are reading here about LED's and don't want to have to waste their time on having to read thru complaints about individuals and the rudeness and profanity that is all too often associated with it......

...more information....and less soap opera please....

MeanBean

What other possible options are there in this thread? This is not a thread about LED lights, this was a thread started by LEDGirl that she would not be posting on here anymore and this is how people feel about her & her company in response to that announcement. Maybe you should try listening to what people have to say so you do not become like her.

This thread was more of an announcement, not a place for non customers to dis-credit the company and employees, it's no secret you are a hard core Lumigrow fan. Your here to just cause a problem. At the end of the day you got ripped off if you bought one of those things, and I laugh, I once made the same mistake. I though I would unlock this thread because of your personal discussion with me, I thought you would stop the bashing, I see you must have gotten bored again.
Any unlocked thread on hgl forums is not an open invitation to bash the company.

We are apparently not allowed to ask questions that portray the lights in a non-positive manner

You sure can ask questions, but you certainly cant come here and portray since the hgl lights are "Chinese contraptions" and not "ul" rated they will burn your house down. You have NO Idea of the safety Standards HGL sets for there unit. The Chinese are the manufactures not the designers. You pretend your concerned with UL ratings but none of the grow equipment you use in your journals is UL rated. Just another clear sign of a troll.

Kharma Girl already said these people are not mods, they are just regular ICmaggers that are now seemingly representing a company that has somewhat of a bad rep around here from the actions of the owner so really tell me what can we talk about here? I tried talking about the LED lights in here and my posts were deleted.

First of all don't try to mask your trolling with "talking about leds lights" son.

If you want to break the forum rules, got to another forum area where I don't moderate. Then I guess you wouldn't have to worry about your post being deleted since your faceless bashing comments are so appreciated throughout Icmag.com

I want to point out I fully respect the wishes of JJScorpio & Skip so you will notice this to be a completely neutral comment with no negativity or insults intended whatsoever towards MeanBean or the lights or anyone else here. I honestly wish everyone the best of success in all they do or whatever cause they support & most importantly I support LED light technology and it's advancement for growing Cannabis. There is always room for improvement in any product. Peace & good karma to you all. :)

I guess this is the sugar coating to hide your true meaning behind your slandering post.

But I aint buying it and neither is any of our thread fans. Now quit posting here unless you have something good to say.

U4EA

If it was just an announcement, I suggest you close the thread and end the mess.

Are there plans for larger panels, maybe something like 4' x 4'? Or at least 3' x 3', maybe 4' x 1', 4' x 2', something like that? Or is the recommendation simply to hang more of the smaller fixtures?

MeanBean

U4EA, There are plans for bigger lights! Not sure when they will be here but HGL has tons of sweet shit in the works. But I juuuust can't tell you guys!! Guess I'll play dumb for a lil longer!

I really can't see closing this thread because a few need to make rude comments. it would be funny to see them get banned from their own actions on my thread. I am like a spider...

But I have been bored with it for a while now.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I cannot see any 'trolling' in SOTF420's posts at all.....and any accusations of such are 'flaming' as far as I am concerned....

...whatever the argument stop pointing fingers and exacerbating disharmony......and that applies to all of you...

....oh and read my last post......this site is not here for any of you to wage your own public war on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts