What's new

for PA The Barry Busch Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act of 2009

3rd base

Thankfully they're allowed to continue past 1:30...

Overall there's been a great deal of scientific and medical facts presented in support of the bill in addition to actual cases of use!

Dr. Denis Petro did a great job testifying as well...

Imo, the supporting evidence undeniably outweighs all the arguments against it. If this doesn't pass, the loyalty of the legislators clearly resides with an interest other than the people's...

the_man

no idea now what happens now they did say something about more meetings and I'm also not sure why some of the health members got up and left. :elf:

lohocla420

Has anyone seen anything yet on PCN or other site maybe? I cant get PCN site to open on this computer.

Details anyone?? I am so excited to know if I can come out of the closet :) lol

3rd base

I believe the meeting was originally scheduled to end at 1:30pm and at that time, those members with other obligations simply left.

At least there were 4 committee members who stayed for the whole hearing...

pthway4

Overall feel of the hearing was execellent.....some Reps are very candid in their support while other old schoolers such as the chairmen are stuck in the era of days gone by.....It would appear there is work to be done to overcome some of the more conservative right just need to pass on and let their seats be taken by someone whom has compassion for Pennsylvanians....

One thing I did hear again and again is the reference to federal law and wht the A.G. does...these are our elected STATE representitives and if they don't represent US why dont we vote them out??? Thank you to all that came out and to those doing the real behind the scenes work......a special prayer to the brother from Jersey and his legal woes.......

Where can I find the text of the proposed bill?

IIRC, the PA MMJ bill would only allow use by people with a select number of medical ailments (ala NJ style).

Thanks man I couldn't remember the bill number.

Hmmm... I read the bill. Too bad it's lacking support for people with anxiety, stress, PTSD, and some other disorders.

People with those conditions could really benefit from an alternative treatment that wouldn't make them suicidal or go on shooting sprees...

And six plants and one oz of "useable marijuana" is really limiting...

But it's a step in the right direction.