What's new

For longtime habitual smokers ONLY... health?

Z

Ziggaro

THC look up the definition of medicine and go edit all your posts where you claim MJ is not.

For a 'respected' member you sure do talk out your ass

Marijuana is a hell of a performance enhancing drug. I work out by doing at least 60 minutes on an exercise bike a day (burning calories and cardio is more important to me right now) and honestly I can put my body through so much more stress and it seems to come back so much quicker with marijuana. I actually make an effort to vape a few bowls before hitting the bike. It's wonderful, it's like meditation.

I wouldn't want to be stoned in a competitive sport when one would need aggression and quick thinking to win. However, for working out marijuana is great.

The only health related thing that's worrisome to me is how marijuana can dramatically increase your heart rate. I've watched my own heart rate increase by 40 beats a minute on a heart beat censor after smoking a bowl. However if you're in good cardio shape, I don't see how this would be a bad thing.

Although I've only vaped for the last few years. I think blunts or joints would've killed my lungs by now.

H

hard rain

I have been smoking on and off for about 32 years. I had a break for about 6 years in my 30's and started again in my early 40's. During that break I really didn't notice any difference apart from the fact that I drank more alcohol. Motivation was the same.

I am fairly fit as well and sometimes work out on an exercise bike and weights. There's no problem doing that high.

These days I smoke much less than I did in my youth but enjoy it more.

THC123

Veteran
THC look up the definition of medicine and go edit all your posts where you claim MJ is not.

For a 'respected' member you sure do talk out your ass

why am i repected? cuz i have lots of green cubes?lol

Anywho if you wanna communicate on this childish level here :

med·i·cine (md-sn)
n.
a. The science of diagnosing, treating, or preventing disease and other damage to the body or mind.
b. The branch of this science encompassing treatment by drugs, diet, exercise, and other nonsurgical means.
2. The practice of medicine.
3. An agent, such as a drug, used to treat disease or injury.
4. Something that serves as a remedy or corrective: medicine for rebuilding the economy; measures that were harsh medicine.
a. Shamanistic practices or beliefs, especially among Native Americans.
b. Something, such as a ritual practice or sacred object, believed to control natural or supernatural powers or serve as a preventive or remedy.

so there , you can treat many symptoms with mjk , but smoking it will cause other problems , so that's why medicinally smoking it is not logic

anywho i don't appreciate you sending nasty pm's ok kiddo?

ps i know the def of medicine and don't see why you have to act so cranky and childish

THC123

Veteran
i dunno maybe you could tell me ho-osier? you stupid dickwad , i am full of air after one breath , maybe people in kentuckydurtookurjerbs , need 30 days to be full of air

Last edited:
The way i see it if i read you text is that you where smart anough to keep your use to a minimum and that's prolly the reason you don't have much problems , but if you smoke a lot every day non stop , you will get respiratory problems

Have you seen the studies showing that smoking Cannabis does not cause lung disease? I would think that precludes any serious long term damage.

THC123

Veteran
lungs function better without smoke , you won't get cancer , but you can get other things like short of breath and thing s like that

once again just be a bit realistic here man , i love mj just lik you , but it won't hurt to be aware of certain risks(edit certain risks when smoking it as method of consumption)

I'm not saying the thc itself is harmful , but the plant matter burnt is

Last edited:
lungs function better without smoke , you won't get cancer , but you can get other things like short of breath and thing s like that

once again just be a bit realistic here man , i love mj just lik you , but it won't hurt to be aware of certain risks(edit certain risks when smoking it as method of consumption)

I'm not saying the thc itself is harmful , but the plant matter burnt is

I'm just saying that nebulous "respiratory problems" aren't really quantifiable so maybe they aren't such a problem. I think most people can just exercise to improve their lungs and they will be fine.

Z

Ziggaro

why am i repected? cuz i have lots of green cubes?lol

Anywho if you wanna communicate on this childish level here :

med·i·cine (md-sn)
n.
a. The science of diagnosing, treating, or preventing disease and other damage to the body or mind.

Not sure why that part is in bold..but

Thankyou for proving my point. If you know the def
you might want to use it so as not to look ignorant.

If you want to use a vape, fine, but you're not going to sell
me on it. I know the negative health effects of smoke from my own experience. Basically, NONE

lockehead

THC123 is correct, that inhaling smoke is not good for the lungs and can cause damage. Zigarro is also correct, that cannabis is a medicine. Even though it is medicine, that doesnt mean that it is 100% safe and healthy for you, just look at pills and even herbs that can cause liver damage and other effects. However, in this argument, the question isnt whether or not smoking cannabis damages the respiratory system (as had been stated, smoking is not good in any shape or form). We all know how much damage tobacco does, but cannabis is a different substance. The real question is: how much damage does it do? It is my opinion that smoking cannabis is not harmful enough to cause any potentially fatal conditions.

THC123

Veteran
If you want to use a vape, fine, but you're not going to sell
me on it. I know the negative health effects of smoke from my own experience. Basically, NONE

unless you are superman , smoking a lot every day for years and years , will dminish you lung capacity and makes you cough and thus lessen the quality of life

i feel 100 times better and fitter now that i vape , sometimes for a few weeks i smoke a joint or a few bowl every day and after bout a week i notice that i have lots of slime in my airways , and that i have to cough a lot and that i can breathe less deep

maybe not lethal but annoying , so smoke def isn't good

with vaping i get much higher and my lungs feel free(if i don't smoke anythin for 2 weeks and only vape) , i can breathe again like when i was a kid

also when doing sports the difference is night and day

I don't want to sell you one the vape idea, it's your body , do with it what you want, , but don't bullshit others by saying smoke isn't harmful

cannabis has medicinal qualities , even when smoked , but smoking at as a method of using it medicinally is just illogic

smoking a lot every day for years and years , will dminish you lung capacity and makes you cough and thus lessen the quality of life

Call me crazy but I've always felt that it increases my lung capacity. The only time I've ever felt a net negative effect from smoking has been from smoking too much of my homegrown tobacco.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Ive been blazzin all day everyday since about 13 years old, I will be 30 soon , I dont have any negative effects, just like anything the more you use the more you can handle , what do you feel is wrong with you ?, I guess it depends if you are blazing shwag covered in chem's, or some primo AAAA shit thats been grown right flushed properly ,and curred, no doubt inhaling burning plant matter is prob not the greatest, but may not be as cancerous as tobacco smoke.and in this world h20 bottles are bad for you!, I think a lil chronic is good for ya ,
peace TS

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I came in here to give y'all some profound information, but I can't think of what it was right now...

THC123

Veteran
I dont have any negative effects, just like anything the more you use the more you can handle ,

do you do sports?

i'm sure smoking that much will affect your health stamina and endurance and unfluence the heartrate , cuz i have doen it myself vor many years , till i realized I realized my lmungs werent made of steel

Last edited:
Z

Ziggaro

I play Tennis and Basketball, although I'm pretty lousy at Bball. I also ride a dirtbike... which if you've ever done that is much more tiring than either tennis or basketball.

Some folks claim that Michael Phelps benefits from using cannabis while swimming. Maybe that has more to do with blood pressure than lung capacity, but an olympic athlete at the top of his sport smokes MJ.
Its hard to imagine him swimming "100x better"

I'm not trying to say you smoke all you want and NP. I told everyone how much I smoke, and I don't experience negative health effects. I'm always high, other than for work, but since I don't smoke joints or blunts all day I don't have to smoke all that much compared to some of you. I like the occasional joint or blunt, but all that paper/tobacco doesn't help either.

Maybe some of you with health issues can try taking a couple hits out of a bub and see where you're at. You'll be surprised that 1-2 hits can get you STONED if you give it time to take effect.

AndreNicky

In the China study, the analysis of blood samples shows that plasma cotinine (a nicotine metabolite from tobacco smoking) is inversely associated with diseases of affluence including lung cancer

minds_I

Veteran
What is this, 1959? Everyone knows that smoking does not help out with cardiovascular activity. Also, your lungs are permanently damaged from smoking, the alveolar sacs which act to pass oxygen into your blood do -not- heal themselves. Your lungs may improve, or clean out to some extent, but permanent, irreversible damage is incurred via smoking anything - whether it's MJ, cigs, a piece of cotton, or a piece of dried dog shit!

Hello all,

Been smoking since 76'. Daily for the most part.

Moldy is speaking from a point of vew that smoking in general is not healthy. And he is correct.

To argue this point is foolish. Any foreign matter produced by the burning of hydrocarbons inhaled into your lungs has negitive effects...period. Smoke is just that... minute particles of foreign matter...soot.

The crap that builds up on your bongs/pipes/joints is that same crap that builds up on your lung tissues.

Now...how can anyone say this is not a problem.

Now to what degree of damage that is done is questionable but htat there is no damage from long term exposure is just blind sightedness or obstanace(sp)

I find names to be a problem.

Demotivation...depends on the subject really.

Sex....well, I still like the idea of sex its just that important anymore.

Dreaming...I have dreams regularly.

Addicting? Yes, but midly so and easily overcome.

These are my observations in the 34 years I have been smoking dope.

Talk amoungst yourselves, theres danish and coffee on the table.

minds_I

Latest posts

Latest posts