What's new

For All The Pitbull Owners/Lovers Out There

McLabia

See, that pup looks like mine, except for the nose. Good to know though. Thanks for the info Reservation.

45900_1357823797749_1596140111_30822024_5681291_n.jpg

C

CANNATOPIA

McLabia,

To keep it simple, see this dogs coat color, see this dogs nose color? Those are hints that this dog has some history of Old Family Red Nose in its history.
Sorry my total Knowledge is not that up to date on Pitts. What do you mean by Old Family Red Nose? Both of my dogs are rescues. The small one is from a local friend who found her & the white one is from a California Pitt bull Rescue. I had her flown 1st class all the way ta me from a shelter. :)They are both Great Dogs! Part of the Family!

Sorry my total Knowledge is not that up to date on Pitts. What do you mean by Old Family Red Nose? Both of my dogs are rescues. The small one is from a local friend who found her & the white one is from a California Pitt bull Rescue. I had her flown 1st class all the way ta me from a shelter. :)They are both Great Dogs! Part of the Family!
They are BOTH adorable.
Thats extra special that they are both rescues as well.
Dogs are the BEST!!!:puppydoge:puppydoge (bad example of dog icon...lol they look like blue frogs)
My dogs are my fur babies so I view them as family not just pets.
Heck. My dogs practically own me not the other way around.

wally04345

Jade was her name

Jade was her name

she was a great dog the most loyal dog you can find she is sadly missed she had cancer in her shoulder and was suffering we had a very hard time to put her down

Attachments

• 0821102325a.jpg
    0821102325a.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 21

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Here's my babies
The pit was still a puppy in the first pic where it looks like he's about to swallow the little one, he's filled out more since then.
They are the best of friends, the little ones the boss.

Attachments

• arnandlew.jpg
    arnandlew.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • arnandlew2.jpg
    arnandlew2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 15

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran

There are different lines and strains within the "breed" American Pit Bull Terriers. There is a line called Old Family Red Nose and when kept pure it will carry Red Coat, Red Eyes, Red Toe Nails. Google search: (Wallace, Hemphill, Wilder, McCoy). That will give you some information.

Glad that you were able to save some dogs lives. That is a blessing.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
See, that pup looks like mine, except for the nose. Good to know though. Thanks for the info Reservation.

45900_1357823797749_1596140111_30822024_5681291_n.jpg

McLabia,

Your dogs coat color is called Fawn. And your dog carries a Black Nose.

The other puppy is coat color is Red (with brindle hints) and it carries the Red Nose. Completely didn't colors.

While you will never know what your dog truly is just love it. Never do the same thing that the breeder did to you and that is sell a dog without papers and pedigree and give someone a false history of their dog. What that breeder did to you wasn't right. I am sure you will want to know the history of your pup but now can never find out its true lines.

Just love it. Research everything you can about the breed. Educate yourself and then try to educate others once you have learned some truths. That is the only way we are going to save the breed.

:ying:

balla420

@ OP, great thread. I love pitbulls... IMHO one of the greatest breeds ever.

It makes me angry that they get a bad rap, and everything from apartment communities and even whole cities "Ban" pitbulls. becasue supposedly they are "vicious" and "attack people"

If those people knew anything about pitbulls, they'd know that isn't true. In fact, Pitbulls are bad guard dogs because they are generally friendly to all people in general.... its other animals (specifically dogs) where the can be overly aggresive. That's because they were initially bred to bait bulls and bears, then later for dog fighting. But when they were in the process of creating the breed, they would literallly kill any of them that showed aggression towards people.

OF course there always exceptions.... if you beat the shit out of a pitbull, its probably not gonna like people to much, so everyonce and a while when you get a pitbull that might be agressive towards people, everyone thinks they are bad.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
ch raggady ann

ch raggady ann

hay rl yu hav eh prob with ma spellin ..rolf jokin ..lol i was alittle intoxicated so to say.st wanted to toss up a pic of my red bitch shes out of the blackpoison dogs alcedos amazing cross of boudreaux and hughes best she is 35lbs of fire. i had to relocate her due to some personal issues that had me clean house. now she lives a great life livin at my moms eating better the i do now. shes about 50lb now but completely out of shape house dog, i plann on takin her back to get her back in condition and hit her up back to her grchblackpoison next year somtime when shit isnt as crazy. then my provin bitch out of there will go into my 38special dog (pure boudreax)not related to 38 and that will be the starting point. for the next generation of dogs in my stable. of course if all goes well. nuthin gaurenteed.
heres some spellin for ya lol
I AM SOFA KING
I AM SOFA KING
WE TOD DID

Dorje113

My Dog. He was given Judge's Choice by Hank Greenwood, President of the ADBA. He was given 3rd in class by another judge... I got tired of shows after 2 weekends, they are for the most part really boring and my dog doesn't like them either. I would like to breed him though, he's almost 6 and in perfect health and has a great personality.

I take him mountain biking a lot.... on one ride a couple years ago a huge bull moose was staring me down, my dog leaped out of the woods and bit the moose. The moose tried to take a swing at him with his antlers and missed... my 65 lb dog is now facing off with a 1 ton bull moose. I got my bike turned around, called him off and we made an escape... dog thought it was great fun.

2007_0515LionsGulch0082.jpg

2008_0427ButtonRock0013.jpg

2007_0722DorjeMooseApex0038.jpg

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hi dog lovers dog is god spelled backwards in my book nobody gives back as much love as they do . i have a rott and a pit mixed with ridgeback and have had several pits or staffenshire terriors in my life time they are the most loyal loving dogs .it takes a ass hole to make a dog mean they were not meant to fight other dogs or people they are supposed to bark and you are the one who takes care of the problem .so give all your dogs a pet and a good scratch from me and hope they stay healthy and happy and continue to be a big part of your life and your best friend aloha classic seeds ...p.s my son and his wife have 3 pits 2 blue nose male and female and a huge american pit that thinks it a lap dog when ever i sit down hes in my lap washing my face and ears and the other two are trying to push him out of the way to do the same thing its all in how you raise them if you treat them ruff you will have a lot of trouble later when they are no longer puppys

These are by far (IMHO) the best breed period. They are life long friends(can live up to 20yrs), one of the most social breeds, & ranking TOP 5 protective breeds ever. Contrary to popular belief they are a families breed. They adapt well & learn fast; very easy to train.

This is my first ever pit. His name was D'Bo & the little one was a runaway named Sasha. Not quite sure what Sasha was but D'Bo was a Coby & Gatorhead APBT. You can't tell from the pic but he was a blue pit & Sasha was black. He loved to take walks, play in the snow/rain, & my wife. Damn dog would sleep on my side of the bed when I wasnt home LOL!!! A bit on the lean & tall side he weighted 62 solid pounds. He was professionally trained & kept in house. He loved children & all my neighbors knew when he was outside there would be no problems with ousiders disturbing the kids.(I lived in a cove) Unfortunately I had to put him down after he was hit by a car & didn't recover. I really miss him & I havent yet owned another pit since. My wife wants another, so soon I will look into ownership of another one of these fine breed of dog.

Attachments

• Mama's Babies.jpg
    Mama's Babies.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM0022.jpg
    HPIM0022.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 15

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
but D'Bo was a Coby & Gatorhead APBT.

Many back yard breeds just say things like those puppies are Red Nose, or Blue Nose or Gator Mouth (no such line as Gator Mouth, just Hammond's Gator or Plummer's Alligator) when they have no idea what kind of bloodline the dog really is.

There is no Coby line of American Pit Bull Terrier, although there is a COLBY line of American Pit Bull Terrier which is most likely the oldest line of American Pit Bull Terrier in this country. www.colbypitbull.com

There is no Gator Mouth or Gatorhead line of American Pit Bull Terrier those are made up backyard names for Pit Bull when the breeder has a mixed scatter bred line of which he don't know the exact breeding so they call them Gator Mouth or Gatorhead (that is very sad and truly hurts the breed and the true breeders of this wonderful breed of dog).

McLabia

ha...I cant give Res anymore rep...hahaha. Dude, your knowledge is "Top Shelf" Mad props. Thanks again man.

So, I had to get rid of my pit, the manager of the townhouse I live in, suddenly had a "No Pet" policy when I told him that I had a pit bull. I should have just said Terrier. Sadly, but happily, I found him a new home. He ended up going to a family that will love him, and a guy that I felt really good about meeting, and spending some time with. Blaze really liked him as well.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ha...I cant give Res anymore rep...hahaha. Dude, your knowledge is "Top Shelf" Mad props. Thanks again man.

So, I had to get rid of my pit, the manager of the townhouse I live in, suddenly had a "No Pet" policy when I told him that I had a pit bull. I should have just said Terrier. Sadly, but happily, I found him a new home. He ended up going to a family that will love him, and a guy that I felt really good about meeting, and spending some time with. Blaze really liked him as well.

That is great you were able to find him a good home. That is one of the largest problems with American Pit Bull Terriers is them ending up in shelters. Shelters are filled with them. Sadly most shelters have an instant put down policy for American Pit Bull Terriers and American Staffordshire Terriers, so I commend you for finding it a quality home, that is so great of you. I hope in time you are able to find another one of excellent lines and also a residence of which allows and openly welcomes the breed.

Many Blessings

:ying:

There is no Coby line of American Pit Bull Terrier, although there is a COLBY line of American Pit Bull Terrier which is most likely the oldest line of American Pit Bull Terrier in this country. www.colbypitbull.com

There is no Gator Mouth or Gatorhead line of American Pit Bull Terrier those are made up backyard names for Pit Bull when the breeder has a mixed scatter bred line of which he don't know the exact breeding so they call them Gator Mouth or Gatorhead (that is very sad and truly hurts the breed and the true breeders of this wonderful breed of dog).

Hey Res :wave:

Thanks for that bit of info bruh. That's exactly what the guy told me when I bought him. I misspelled the "COLBY" part of the name though. Thanks for the link also, maybe next time I can get a great "true bred" pit from a reputable breeder. :thank you: