What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For All The New Outdoor Growers

krso

Hi guys one question, im thinking of diggin holes ant puting the soil in them in November, is that OK or will the soil lose nutritions and it would be bether to bring soil in April?

theano

Hi guys one question, im thinking of diggin holes ant puting the soil in them in November, is that OK or will the soil lose nutritions and it would be bether to bring soil in April?
This is interesting for me aswell, would be good if anybody could answer

krso

Theano, i got my answer somewhere else. It is ok just you have to mulch the soil in the spring and the best thing is that you also put some seeds of grass just to sprout out and then mulch everything to add some nutrition in the soil and to wake up the soil. I already went hiking :D but i will leave al the soil in the bags and as soon as possible i will do what i told earlier in the spring.

Old Toker

I thought I read a guide somewhere years ago that described when to transplant your indoor plants outside depending on where in the USA you lived. I've only done indoor grows in the past but have recently moved to N FL and am interested in starting some plants inside and finishing them outside

Anyone remember seeing this guide or know where I can find some information?
Thanks!

redlaser

Veteran
look for the USDA plant hardiness map in your area. It shows the average last frost date and the average first frost dates. planthardiness.ars.usda.gov

I thought I read a guide somewhere years ago that described when to transplant your indoor plants outside depending on where in the USA you lived. I've only done indoor grows in the past but have recently moved to N FL and am interested in starting some plants inside and finishing them outside

Thanks!

You can start indoors in winter and get an outdoor harvest in the late spring if your timing is right, and then another harvest in fall. It can depend on the strain, but the photoperiod also plays a critical part..

This is a great thread with lots of info & there's good info on page 3 relating directly to your situation.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=63715

Biosynthesis

Veteran
2016 outdoor kc 33 garden

2016 outdoor kc 33 garden

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimadman

Cannabis is a weed. It will thrive naturally. ..no need to water. Just weed and feed so it doesnt get choked out by other weeds. And bam..smoke in the air.

Need some help! What would be the best bagged soil to use for outdoor 100g smart? Planning to use Jacks or Maxibloom Lucas. Haven't decided in which one yet.

beaver50

What fertilizers and nutrients is everybody using out doors?Im going to use Fox farm or GH.What is the best ones?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Thanks!

I'm Lat 45.
Go to TimeAndDate.com and check out the daylight map. Also, if they're photoperiod, make sure you don't mess up the light schedule. The days start getting shorter June 21-22, so that should trigger flowering in a few weeks time once the plant realises that it's time to make babies (depending on the strain). So try to get them out by at least June 1 and hope for no rogue late frost.

For Autos, I'll start them around the first week in May and move them out about June 1 depending on the weather forecast. Harvest end of july and put more in the ground at the same time for a September/october harvest. Plants seem slower leading into colder nights.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
There's a site that you can type in your zip code and it gives you some great first frost info....it's davesgarden.com. I'd give it a try it's seems to be the most accurate

Biosynthesis

Veteran
I didn't even Post this message or start this thread so someone in chat mod must be %$%59( Around with us. The best bagged soil around here is Ocean Forest, but its spendy, just read what they got on the bag and throw that together. I never measure anything just eyeball it ;)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I didn't even Post this message or start this thread so someone in chat mod must be %$%59( Around with us. The best bagged soil around here is Ocean Forest, but its spendy, just read what they got on the bag and throw that together. I never measure anything just eyeball it ;)

This is a good recipe. Your plants will feed them selves. All you have to do is water. I'm not crazy about using pots because they tend to need more water than in the ground. So I dig a few holes, drop the soil in and then water all summer. But that's only for my home garden.
[iframe1]ju6TDrMJxWU[/iframe1]

In the field (gorilla style), it's a whole other game. But similar in that I use the nutes directly in the holes I dig May 1st and let it cook for a month when I bring my seedlings out.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
cheap way

cheap way

I just bust the ground in early fall. Then add shredded organic matter all winter. Very simple, it can be a little work. I go under trees and take the top inch of fine leaves off the ground and work it in the grow areas. Also I collect boo coos of dry grass clippings that i shred and add also. turn it all through the winter. In spring, add a little poultry mix. Works well. I spend about $14.00 for 40lbs for the year.

Latest posts

Latest posts