What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Food for thought.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Genkisan... You've summed up things nicely! bravo at each of your well informed and well articulated statements.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
To all those who have given me Rep points....I wish I could hit ya back, but there seems to be summat wrong with my Firefox, and it never lets me give Rep anymore.

Anyone have any ideas why?

maryj315

Grat3fulh3ad said:
You prove that animals do not know. You were the one who made the assertion that you completely understand every aspect of what occurs in every different creature's mind, and you know for sure what they do not know...

The burden of proof is on you. If any animal can be taught the concept of mortality, do they become human... Perhaps you should research into Coco's reaction to loosing her kitten which she said she loved... You make too many assumptions about animals which are completely unprovable, and imho have not considered enough evidence to have come to the conclusions you have come to.

The burden of proof is up to me what about you that is pretty easy

So what Head speaks their fore it is fact

Where in any of my post i said i completely know what is going on in every animals mind

In fact i even said you could be right i am just in this for the sake of a good argument i also said i am no expert of any kind just shooting the shit

The only person in here who has made himself a self appointed expert is you you were even gracious enough to pick a winner and congratulate him as if you were giving him a treat you did well Head has spoken

Perhaps that is what is unique to human......arrogance.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was not being dismissive to any one and their beliefs and showed respect including your self unlike you

You need to be careful that you do not break your arm patting your self on your back

Mj

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
male dolphins will also hold a female hostage w/in their circle.
then they proceed to gang rape the female without letting her leave to insure that one of their group breeds w/ her.
thats way beyond human.

i say we jail these rapist dolphins!

A

arcticsun

on the concept of mortality.

does infants know? does animals know?

an infant knows to suck the breast at the second of birth. it knows to breathe.

a horse knows to stand up when it is born. and when you scare an animal does it not run?

every second of our lives we think of death, from we are born we think of it. death defines life, without death we would have no reason to live. it is the same for animals.

once i saw a study where they had shown pictures of fabel monsters and pictures of real venomous spiders and snakes to small children from countries where there were no snakes or venomous spiders. none of the fabel monsters would scare the children, they could instantly recognize those as fictive. while any true dangerous creature from nature shown to these children would provoke a violent intuitive fear reaction in them.

the cry of fear from an infant. it is horrendous.

my familys new puppy dog is happy to see me when i come home, and it cries at nite in fear when it is alone.

Wolf_spider_attack_position.jpg

sorry for my inadequate english skills.

Last edited:
A

arcticsun

Abstract
Previous studies with various non-human animals have revealed that they possess an evolved predator recognition mechanism that specifies the appearance of recurring threats. We used the preferential looking and habituation paradigms in three experiments to investigate whether 5-month-old human infants have a perceptual template for spiders that generalizes to real-world images of spiders. A fourth experiment assessed whether 5-month-olds have a perceptual template for a non-threatening biological stimulus (i.e., a flower). The results supported the hypothesis that humans, like other species, may possess a cognitive mechanism for detecting specific animals that were potentially harmful throughout evolutionary history.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
HA! One things fersure!

HA! One things fersure!

Only humans would argue about somethin as silly as bein human! By all means, correct me if I'm wrong..... AAAAHAHAHHA! Take care.... BC

A

arcticsun

B.C. said:
Only humans would argue about somethin as silly as bein human! By all means, correct me if I'm wrong..... AAAAHAHAHHA! Take care.... BC

good one ill stand behind this one

there is your proof. we question reality

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
maryj315 said:
The burden of proof is up to me what about you that is pretty easy

So what Head speaks their fore it is fact

Where in any of my post i said i completely know what is going on in every animals mind

In fact i even said you could be right i am just in this for the sake of a good argument i also said i am no expert of any kind just shooting the shit

The only person in here who has made himself a self appointed expert is you you were even gracious enough to pick a winner and congratulate him as if you were giving him a treat you did well Head has spoken

Perhaps that is what is unique to human......arrogance.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was not being dismissive to any one and their beliefs and showed respect including your self unlike you

You need to be careful that you do not break your arm patting your self on your back

Mj
LMAO... you misunderstand...
The arrogance I speak of is one of assuming yourself above other animals, when in fact we are nothing but other animals. I'm not patting myself on the back at all, I'm just calling bullshit on the bullshit I see...

And yes, by saying that you knew that humans only were capable of conceptualizing mortality, you implied that you knew that no other living creature had ever had any sort of thought along those lines. The burden of proof is on you, and no repeated typing of the emote :laughing: is going to change that.

:muahaha:

**EDIT** Seems articsun has provided some scientific evidence of animals being aware of their mortality.... And I'm sure there is plenty more to be found....

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
zomg1 said:
i can write my name in the snow with my own urine. case closed
My dog can write his name on anything with his urine... He writes it in a language all other canine understand, and it lasts alot longer than the one you wrote in the snow... :wink:

maryj315

Grat3fulh3ad said:
LMAO... you misunderstand...
The arrogance I speak of is one of assuming yourself above other animals, when in fact we are nothing but other animals. I'm not patting myself on the back at all, I'm just calling bullshit on the bullshit I see...

And yes, by saying that you knew that humans only were capable of conceptualizing mortality, you implied that you knew that no other living creature had ever had any sort of thought along those lines. The burden of proof is on you, and no repeated typing of the emote :laughing: is going to change that.

:muahaha:

You know the only problem with that is i already agreed with you

And i will repeat i did not know of any that is a far cry from i know their is not any

And why is the burden of proof only up to me what some sticky i missed or just a nice way of saying i do not have to prove my facts

You do know i copied and pasted what the dictionary definition of what human is and it pretty much corresponds to what others and i have suggested that you seem to dismiss as bullshit

All i can say is nothing like a good Internet pissing match

I will also repeat again i do not disagree with you or any ones point of view and because of that i learned their is only one animal ever recorded that will know his image in a mirror

I learned something today did you

Mj

maryj315

Grat3fulh3ad said:
My dog can write his name on anything with his urine... He writes it in a language all other canine understand, and it lasts alot longer than the one you wrote in the snow... :wink:

You are correct except your dog will not write his name in the snow for artistic impression

Mj

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At one point in time humans were wild animals. Everything they did was for one of two things. Survival and reproduction. Just like a wild animal. In civilized society, our feelings of safety have domesticated us. We no longer in civilized society fear for our safety every minute, which has now led us to look for other things to occupy our time which give us pleasure.

In uncivilized regions, such as the wilds of Africa, humans are more like wild animals. They hide when they sleep, they hunt for food, they have to use all their senses to help them stay alive. This is because there are animals such as lions, tigers and so forth that prey on humans.

Does anyone here doubt that humans can revert back to their animal instict of survival when faced with fear and the thought of death?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
The burden of proof is up to you because you are the one making claims about the limits of an animal's consciousness...

I made no claims other than to call bullshit on your completely unprovable claim.

Get it now? I do not claim to know what an animal is capable of thinking. You claimed to know what animals were incapable of thinking. You offered your claim as proof. I demand that you back up your claim, otherwise it is not a valid proof.

See how it works? The definition of human you posted up is really irrelevant, unless you can offer 100% indisputable proof that you fit in that description. Can you? If so please do, but your earlier claim that only humans can conceptualize mortality was not it.

Human is easily defined as members of homo sapiens and that is easily provable or disprovable. That is the one useful definition you copied and pasted...

Human can also be defined using more abstract concepts or defined in relation to fictions like babylon 5, as in some of the more useless definitions you copied and pasted... but the less precise the definition, the more impossible proof becomes.

As far as burden of proof...
The original poster asked for proof you are human...
You offered a statement you thought was proof...
Proving that your statement could be valid is your burden...

If your claim is unprovable it cannot be a proof...
I don't know why upset you for me to point out that the burden of proof is on the one offering evidence as proof...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
maryj315 said:
You are correct except your dog will not write his name in the snow for artistic impression

Mj
So now you know what my dog is thinking too... and what he considers artistic? You assume he has no concept of beauty, but you only assume...

Also, I find it amusing that you consider snow pissing to be art :laughing:

maryj315

Grat3fulh3ad said:
So now you know what my dog is thinking too... and what he considers artistic? You assume he has no concept of beauty, but you only assume...

Also, I find it amusing that you consider snow pissing to be art :laughing:

You know come january i have to check out your gear obviously you are smoking way better shit than me

You are correct how could i ever argue that your dog dreams of being the next Picasso

I guess you are going to completely ignore i do not disagree with you or any one else from the start of this thread

In fact i concede and will now go and try and get in touch with my dogs artistic view of the world should be a real trip

Mj

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts