What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

foaf's nook '07 - the tree hugger again

W

WaT iT Do?

foaf said:
about 13 days into 12/12. only 48" tall. I'm not really happy with myself for flipping sooner than I should have, definately too early. I need at least another full foot on all tops, two would be better, and I doubt Ill get it. The room can handle three feet more even. Giving it everything I've got, maxing out with veg nutes, CO2 turned all the way up, foliar feeding with this supposedly super stuff. I need her to grow something crazy these next 2 weeks before I shift into full flower. I think Im even going to go 13/11 for a while to try and stretch out the stretch some.

I've never used this stuff before, I hope it gets me some heigth by spraying the tops.
if its not too much trouble get back to me about the use of penetrator and folitech... local shop gave me a free bottle of penetrator and i haven't used it yet... not sure if the extra money on the folitech is worth it... thanks bro

Lookin great dude. Can't wait to see how you yield off of the bubba. Alot of the bubba Ive seen tended to be more of a ball type shape than the OG. Glad to see you're at it again!

Last edited:

Jalisco Kid

If we have the same cut she will stretch on you, mine was crosssed with a paki that gave her her size. Glad to see you are doing will, Happy New Year
JK

foaf

Veteran
OK, now we are at about 43 days. Things are looking good. Some cupping of the uppermost leaves. I set the vent wrong and had the 1000w too low and one night the upper leaves got some heat stress or perhaps heat plus my nutes were too high. I cut down from 1400 to 1000ppm. PK loading now with liquid Kool Bloom in addition to the Flora Nova Bloom and Cal Mag. The second picture is an attempt to see how deep she goes. A 4 foot piece of pvc showing the side scrog. The buds on this plant are rock hard dense.

Grow2Much

Finally, A tree expert lol. Your first grow was insane, and this one is nothing short of inspirational. I'm really interested in growing trees. But I have some question if you don't mind.

1) Could you give me an estimate of your PPM's through-out the first 5 weeks of veg and early flower?

2) How big is your res, and how often do you top it off?

I have plenty more questions, but this will do for now lol. I want to grow a tree using Aeroponics to see if the shit really hits the fan, but I want a couple kbs style grows under my belt first. You're very inspirational dude.

foaf

Veteran
thanks for checking in :)

ppm - after the plant got some size, I went to about 1000ppm flora nova and then about 1500 in the bulk of veg. I vegged 2 months this time. In flower I stayed at 1400 at first, then noticed some tip burn and for this plant Im gonna run at 1100 for the rest of flower.

res - 10 gallons, but now that the roots are so dense the system holds about 6. The res tops off continuously with ro water and I add nutes and stuff nightly depending on the ppm/ph. Im dumping the res and starting fresh every 2 weeks.

aeoro tree - you would need to rig up some type of root spreader thing and have aero jets positioned in ways that they would penetrate the rootmass. this tree, if you just jetted mist from the sides, it would never get to the center. Im sure there are ways to do it, but you would have to be inventive. Ive done TAG before, and I dont see the benefits for trees. Biggest concern is that if you have an equipment failure, your plants can suffer before you catch and correct it, potentially ruining a grow.

BlueHaze

Very nice. Good to see you back at it. Why did you choose the bubba. I have the pre98 clone and i hate that it grows so fucking slow. The smoke is great but yield sucks big time. I hope you get your plant to produce. The only person that i know that made bubba produce was syk. I have fail. Hashplant work for me and superskunk does the job better than my hashplant.

foaf

Veteran
Hi BH, thanks for stopping in. How long did syk usually flower for do you know? Yes, this was a slow grower for sure. I think Ill get a pretty good yeild, I'm guessing 2.5lbs maybe a bit more if she packs on unexpected weight these next 3 weeks. the clone I have is syk's. It would be better if I had vegged a bit more, but its all for me and friends so quality is the priority.

Jalisco Kid

If you have syks cut it better not be mine.I would track janice down and treat him like a dog if he gave syk my work. I crossed mine with a paki to give it some size and a more complex flavor. So I hope you are wrong about us having the same pheno. Syk got his size by long vegs but again so do I. I veg them for 5 weeks. My BP puts on little weight the last week but really tightens up the last week. I have found using some seaweed at week 5 helps put a little stretch in the flowers and they fill in real nice during the next 4 weeks.
Good to see you around BH. I was just given some rm 38 yesterday,I did not have the heart to say she was too ugly for me. How much bigger is your skunk then rm 38?
Suerte JK

foaf

Veteran
JK, I don't know the history of syk's cutting. He posted pictures of his plant, I know in '03 on thenook.org and on the different kbs boards. I thought it was a classic "pre '98" cutting.

49 days now. they are still filling in. these are by far the densest hardest nugget buds I've ever grown. I hope that means a good yield despite the height not being what I had wanted. Stinkiest skunk smell I've ever grown too. In fact, my friend who started with the same clones, and didn't veg as long. His wife scolded me for getting it for him because he stunk the house up with the grow, and is now stinking the house up with the smoke.

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
Ive been chopping it down for about 10 days. Its such a big bush that there are very different levels of "ripeness" from the tops and sides to the innards. The tops are bout 50/50 clear/amber, the innards are still mostly clear so Ill let them keep going for a week or 3. Im not a very good cannabis photographer.

Here are some picures of where it stands -

The top buds look like this. Dense buds for sure. Lots of purple and dark green colors.

just before todays cut and manicure session - this is after harvesting the ripest big tops.

After todays 2 hour cutting fest, plus I had gotten the top tops about 9 days ago, they are dry now

Whats left of the bush/tree

What Ive harvested so far -
a 2gal ziploc thats dried, Im trying to get the moisture content right before putting them in a curing container

Some on the quick dry screens, I leave them there a day or 3 then move to brown paper bags to slow down the dry, I shoot for each harvest being dry in about 8 days.

A little pile just trimmed

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
still chopping, still choppin. at day 74 now

Its amazing how different the maturity is in different parts of the plant. I flushed and rinsed today, and will just run fresh tap water with some fresh low nutes for the next week or two. I think its gonna take 2 more weeks for the insides to ripen. The lowest branches that are up against the CFs have some of the darkest, prettiest buds. They are the prettiest buds I've ever grown, and surely the purplest and densest. My different monitors on different computers have a big difference in how these two photos look. ??? I adjusted the contrast some and reposted.

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
Finis Ill figure out how much I got in a couple of weeks. So Ive been chopping and chopping. I only get an hour here and there to work on it, its one of the reasons that this growing technique works for me, long harvest time. The pale inner buds have now turned dark and ripe, the last flush. These were harvested today at 81 days. Still mostly clear trichromes on these buds. The lowest popcorn buds I just cut the fan leaves and the biggest of the sugar leaves and then strip off of the stem, all that in the screen hammock and the pile left over from last grow goes to bho soon.

N

Neptune

enough bubba for a year, nice design and looks like you got a good yeild.
well done~