What's new

Flush and starve plants during flowering??

I'll happily exchange a slight downfall in production for a better-tasting end result.

exactly ,well said,im in plain coco and I taper my nutes to the end

O

otis33

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I decrease around 14 or so days from chop and end feeding straight water. sometimes I'll hold off on harvesting until they look like pretty trees in the fall. to each his own.

O

otis33

this was grown in a system new to me and high had a problem with rising ec which resulted in tip burn. the finished product is tastey.
picture.php

O

otis33

I've never seen a marijuana plant outdoors in oct-nov...^^ that's how I imagine it would look, I could be wrong. I like fall.

G

Gifted0ne

plants should not still be green at harvest everyone knows that cept mersh growers. but what do they care?

If you had just a little slight of brain power you could look up outdoor cannabis harvest and you'll see the healthiest plants at harvest are 95% green. The indoor plants everyone starves is what causes the plants to become unhealthy and store nutrients elsewhere.

B

Bag

this thread is so funny , almost as funny as the breeder thread. if anyone has ever done a side by side they will throw their ferts out the window and sacrifice a tiny bit of yeild and green leaves for yellowing and 10 times better tasting smoothe weed. less is more . took me years to see i was fuckin up my weed. lol i thought i grew awesome weed , then i smoked some organic not over ferted weed and i never looked back. i like to see the fans falling off at harvest, ya know ya did it right when the fans falling off!

G

Gifted0ne

this thread is so funny , almost as funny as the breeder thread. if anyone has ever done a side by side they will throw their ferts out the window and sacrifice a tiny bit of yeild and green leaves for yellowing and 10 times better tasting smoothe weed. less is more . took me years to see i was fuckin up my weed. lol i thought i grew awesome weed , then i smoked some organic not over ferted weed and i never looked back. i like to see the fans falling off at harvest, ya know ya did it right when the fans falling off!

Organic not over ferted weed? Its pretty hard to over fertilize with organics, sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about. I have 100% chem bud that you wouldn't tell the diff if i told u it was all organic, and if you think otherwise its cause you don't know what you're doing.

Anders89

Ok this is how you find out what works or not. Breed your own cannabis. In only 3 years climatic changes also self made indoor like high temps will be incorporated in the genes memory and they will be stronger against what their parents experienced.

This means a sativa grown at the edge of sahara will probably be very leafy because of a few heavy rains and be very resistant to drought but also have thinner branches bc of less nutrients in the soil.
While a sativa grown 2100 meter over the sea in nepal will be extremely mold resistant and strong because of long periods of rain.

This is some examples why many of you talk about the same thing, you all just have different genes. Heck even the hours you can set your timer to start flowering differs from plant to plant.

mtbazz

This is not correct.

Occassionally bring plants to the point they're just beginning to wilt can be beneficial, especially during veg. The plant adaps to the dryer environment and works harder to push out roots.

Regarding flushing: if your plants aren't yellow, gold, red, etc. at harvest time you did not allow your plants to mature and die properly. The plant should look like any other annual in the fall with beautiful colors, especially golds and browns. The last two or three weeks of the plants life usually don't require any feeding if nutrients were provided properly from the start. In the last few weeks the plant should be cannabalizing it's own leaves to provide the energy and nutrients for bud development.

If you're harvesting and your fan leaves look healthy your product will probably not taste or smoke as well as it could have. AAA quality bud looks like absolute shit on harvest day to the eye that doesn't know what to look for.

Couldn't agree more...I do like to keep them green up to two weeks or so before harvest, so I give them some N (EJ grow) throughout flowering, but once they are within a few weeks of their expected finish date I only give them flowering nutes...

90% of the leaves by that time will be yellowed...

While I have never done a true, scientific side-by-side, the bud from herb that I have let finish this way generally seems to be smoother and tastier than buds that still had alot of green on them at harvest.

Also, the few times I have grown outdoor, the plants were let go until they had "fall colors"/

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO the idea of a flush is to get nutes out of her veins b4 chop chop. I use a tri meter and during the last week I change the water ever 3 days and watch as the ppm drops telling me in the end the only thing shes got running through is good ole h2o.

KISS
Mr Wags

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
If you had just a little slight of brain power you could look up outdoor cannabis harvest and you'll see the healthiest plants at harvest are 95% green. The indoor plants everyone starves is what causes the plants to become unhealthy and store nutrients elsewhere.

says the guy who just joined yesterday...

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
He may have joined yesterday, however that makes no indication of his experience growing, I do however disagree with what he says, best harvest is a flushed yellow leaved plant with green buds.

Peace

G

Gifted0ne

says the guy who just joined yesterday...

Yea good point, cause that really justifies anything.. fkin moron. Outdoor plants that are grown in the ground are 95% green at harvest.. There are only few bottom yellowing leaves that fall off.

But hey im sure starving ur indoor for 3 weeks sounds much better, let them get every def in the book a long with root rot. Not to mention they will slowly be drying out way before you harvest because ur killing them early.. All you're indoor plants that look like hell when you harvest compare them to nature grown outdoor and stfu.

If you cant harvest healthy green with 1 week flush, while retaining great taste and yield then you don't know what your doing, don't hate on the people that actually do.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
look buddy just because you harvest green plant or just because anyone harvests green plants doesn't mean thats the way it should be.

if you can't accept that marijuana isn't a fucking orange tree and that we are growing weed and not oranges, that's fine. but anyone who has ever grown weed properly will let you know that weed shouldn't be a deep green at harvest if you want the best quality. a change occurs at the end of the cycle called ripening in our lay terms where the excess nutrients in the plants cell walls are used up, the visual indication being the yellow, golds, oranges, reds and purples of the leaves on the plant.

this helps bring out the taste and smells and makes the weed smoke really smooth.

this is a fact. no matter what people are doing outdoors or how they are doing it indoors, still doesn't change the well known FACT that when the excess minerals and chlorophyll in the plant are gone it smokes, smells, and tastes better.

you continue enjoying your harsh green plants, imma continue taking mine when they turn yellow and purple and enjoy my smooth smoke with a fresh dry and as little as 1 week cure.

and all that dumbass shit you said about starving plants is just that, dumbass shit.

you aren't starving the plant, there are plenty of nutrients stored in it. you can feed a plant in hydro plain water for at least 2 weeks before it's actually "starving" just becuase it turns yellow or shows deficiencies doesn't mean it's "starving" it just means it's lacking. when the plant turns brown and starts DYING, that's an indication of starvation.

but anyway resume harvesting green plants full of minerals and chemicals. we all know that's the best weed.

If you cant harvest healthy green with 1 week flush, while retaining great taste and yield then you don't know what your doing, don't hate on the people that actually do.

and where do you get the idea anyone is hating on you? you're the one coming in with all of your 10 posts slinging shit all over the place. i've been at this a long time, i don't need to hate on anyone, i do my thing i show documentation and you can either get with it or get outta the way. but i'll let you know plants shouldn't be dark green at harvest, the major fan leaves should at least be fading yellow by then if nothing else.

if you're harvesting dark green plants you're wasting your time, and you will eventually realize that in the long run when someone with better quality steps into your area to show you up. tis the way of the world. roll with it or get rolled over.

people with your mind set are the reason it smells good, tastes good, and makes you hack up 3 lungs when you smoke that harsh ass shit. all style no substance.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Some people just really haven't run a plant complete from start to finish, I haven't grown all strains but I do know some of the organic people who grow outside in the ground have a difficult time flushing if there soil mix has too much nutrient content at the end of the harvest. The left over nutes are difficult to flush out because it is in the ground.

Indoor growers typically use well drained soiless mix that is easy to flush, so you can get that full on yellow finish that we all enjoy so much.

Peace

G

Gifted0ne

look buddy just because you harvest green plant or just because anyone harvests green plants doesn't mean thats the way it should be.

if you can't accept that marijuana isn't a fucking orange tree and that we are growing weed and not oranges, that's fine. but anyone who has ever grown weed properly will let you know that weed shouldn't be a deep green at harvest if you want the best quality. a change occurs at the end of the cycle called ripening in our lay terms where the excess nutrients in the plants cell walls are used up, the visual indication being the yellow, golds, oranges, reds and purples of the leaves on the plant.

this helps bring out the taste and smells and makes the weed smoke really smooth.

this is a fact. no matter what people are doing outdoors or how they are doing it indoors, still doesn't change the well known FACT that when the excess minerals and chlorophyll in the plant are gone it smokes, smells, and tastes better.

you continue enjoying your harsh green plants, imma continue taking mine when they turn yellow and purple and enjoy my smooth smoke with a fresh dry and as little as 1 week cure.

and all that dumbass shit you said about starving plants is just that, dumbass shit.

you aren't starving the plant, there are plenty of nutrients stored in it. you can feed a plant in hydro plain water for at least 2 weeks before it's actually "starving" just becuase it turns yellow or shows deficiencies doesn't mean it's "starving" it just means it's lacking. when the plant turns brown and starts DYING, that's an indication of starvation.

but anyway resume harvesting green plants full of minerals and chemicals. we all know that's the best weed.

and where do you get the idea anyone is hating on you? you're the one coming in with all of your 10 posts slinging shit all over the place. i've been at this a long time, i don't need to hate on anyone, i do my thing i show documentation and you can either get with it or get outta the way. but i'll let you know plants shouldn't be dark green at harvest, the major fan leaves should at least be fading yellow by then if nothing else.

if you're harvesting dark green plants you're wasting your time, and you will eventually realize that in the long run when someone with better quality steps into your area to show you up. tis the way of the world. roll with it or get rolled over.

people with your mind set are the reason it smells good, tastes good, and makes you hack up 3 lungs when you smoke that harsh ass shit. all style no substance.

I never said this is how it should be I was replying on the bs nonsense you wrote. I said if you are unable to harvest green properly then its because u dont know what your doing. I wasnt referring or comparing it to flushing or any other pre harvest method.

Im simply stating you cant keep the plant super healthy all the way till last week flush then flush and dry/cure for a month properly then you shouldnt be speaking on the method at all. Because people like myself can do this with outstanding top shelf results so clearly you dont know what you're doing understand?

People like you have plants that are in bad health even before they start to flush, then they flush and the plant looks fkin dead before you harvest and it makes you feel better that "everyone" that knows what their doing knows this is right lol. what ever bro have fun.

G

Gifted0ne

Some people just really haven't run a plant complete from start to finish, I haven't grown all strains but I do know some of the organic people who grow outside in the ground have a difficult time flushing if there soil mix has too much nutrient content at the end of the harvest. The left over nutes are difficult to flush out because it is in the ground.

Indoor growers typically use well drained soiless mix that is easy to flush, so you can get that full on yellow finish that we all enjoy so much.

Peace

Thanks for proving my point, the only reason cannabis plants look dead is because of starvation, if you give them what they want and need they will be healthy all the way to harvest. If im not mistaken the most natural way to grow is in the ground, and even the landrace afghani in fields stay green all the way till harvest.

And its still funny you can slap people with scientific facts like annuals vs perennials and they still insist they're right. Cannabis are annuals and do not experience the FALL effect. They simply relocate the nutrients out of the leaves to have reserves for spring. I think its comical when people refer to their cannabis plants looking like fall to make them feel they're doing it right when in reality they have no clue wtf they're talking about.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Thanks for proving my point, the only reason cannabis plants look dead is because of starvation, if you give them what they want and need they will be healthy all the way to harvest. If im not mistaken the most natural way to grow is in the ground, and even the landrace afghani in fields stay green all the way till harvest.

And its still funny you can slap people with scientific facts like annuals vs perennials and they still insist they're right. Cannabis are annuals and do not experience the FALL effect. They simply relocate the nutrients out of the leaves to have reserves for spring. I think its comical when people refer to their cannabis plants looking like fall to make them feel they're doing it right when in reality they have no clue wtf they're talking about.

It really is the dynamics of what each person experiences, your right a lot of people assume because of the way they learned to grow it must be the way, perhaps if we would try to understand every grow is unique and may or may not follow a certain rule.

Outside there is mother nature the sun the seasons, the weather systems the bugs, the temps, outside your wide open to all these dynamics, indoors it is a militant style, regimented water, nutes, temps... You really can't compare the two finished products as they are by nature different.

Peace

Homebrewer

Veteran

You keep saying 'excessive nutrients' are in the plant but that begs the question as to why there are 'excessive nutrients' in your plants to begin with. If you took the time to learn how to read and feed a plant properly, I promise you'll be growing better plants than the ones below which are out of your picture album.

On a serious note though, you could be doing a much better job and the info is out there, good luck!

0ir4.jpg

c55d.jpg

3tfq.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts