What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor online viewing options (free)?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, what a surprise! Yawn.... Mac just does not have stamina imo. He was fresh the first two rounds and faded in the third. I thought he could last until the 6th round but no.

Absolem

Absolem ! ; Luv you (-:
Absolem was that Lion, on the lion,the witch and the wardrobe wasn't he ? - Had all his hair cut off! Went down to a Skin Head, eyh! /-: (-: - poor chap!

Absolem is the name for the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland. Hence my avatar.

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
This was a really good fight. Floyd looked sloppy and Conor was sharp. Conor should keep his head up...he made a hell of an account for himself. He landed on Floyd and won some rounds. I could list quite a few pro boxers who couldn't say that.

Damn good fight.

shithawk420

Veteran
I didn't watch the fight yet,but I already heard it was conspiratory on the refs part.who the hell stops a fight cause the guy is winded?I'll watch the fight tomorrow and decide but I heard he was giving mayweather a run for his money and both fighters were pretty sloppy.just what I heard.I'll know tomorrow

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
I didn't watch the fight yet,but I already heard it was conspiratory on the refs part.who the hell stops a fight cause the guy is winded?I'll watch the fight tomorrow and decide but I heard he was giving mayweather a run for his money and both fighters were pretty sloppy.just what I heard.I'll know tomorrow

Conor won 2, maybe three rounds. Floyd was very inactive the first 3 or 4 rounds. As far as the stoppage...Conor was getting hit with several clean, unanswered shots. It was a legit stoppage. You'd have to be reaching to say it wasnt.

One thing was enormously clear and surprising. Floyd was the bigger puncher in this fight.

RetroGrow

Veteran
This was not a real fight. This was a promotion. Strictly a money grab. Not competitive by any stretch, and should not count on Floyd's record. He is still 49-0, and should have retired years ago. Suckers paid hundreds of millions for hype. CMG won just by getting paid all that dough for showing up.

N

NBE One !

Daad said the same retro' sure ,now beats Marciano's rec cus that counts as a real fight ! &%$! : Maybe Could understand if Cmg was entering boxing full time ; . ( Rocky film! )

-
'Enormousley' this showed he could take his punch power.If the match was over at the end of rnd 6 McGregor was the winner. Ltr tho he " gassed" ... Floyd's defence this time was to spin 180 d. Erm ... L O L

... Agree Hawk ,stopped a little too early ! ...Was expecting a Rocket of an uppercut before his exhaustion had him Horizontal.The match before was absolutely NutZ!!! Clearly to the back of the Head,also"Another"maybe - probably. &%#?!

;) :tiphat: :wave:

^ that was a (legal) parting farewell! But naa, staying

Last edited:
N

NBE One !

[ Cmg hit the back of Floyd's head Quite a lot.And threw UFC influenced Hammerfists.referee ' bird was a bit anxious,the ref on the penultimate bout was NUTZ !!! How he was Counting that guy out after clearly he was CloBBered to the back of the Head]
Yes,Absolem ( ; Seen the caterpillar(s)on " Labarynth ?" ((((-:
..cute ,(D.Bowie stars and recognizable fit girl too...Her First film role I t'ink ) TAlking cute little things,haha ...like these (Watch her swing him...(((-: )[YOUTUBEIF]MQXrSkd2CDg[/YOUTUBEIF]
https://youtu.be/MQXrSkd2CDg

P.S .downloaded and watched the fight again - on ma todd
McGregor used hammerfist a bit ... n being overall the stronger bigger guy in the ring leant on Floyd a bit and manhandled him when up close but HFT's Comment is Totally Correct.Floyd was unfazed by Cmg's punch power Barely moved him ! (That was the decisive factor Imo )
I saw the fight this time with American commemtary commentary,way better ! although my score sheet differed some what ( a tad). Just saying I had CMG winning the 5th as well.
English Commentary (via sky box office) was too sickening to bear,for me ... After 2 rounds of the " expert panel"being fairly quiet (barely mentioning Cmg's Success ). They then Exploded with talk when Floyd landed a few, and simultaneously became very detrimental to CMG in the ring ,sayin' mouth open,gasping for air etc ... felt like I suddenly had some virus- cold ,fever Comin' on. ; I,ll finish this ltr, feel queesy,

Last edited:

yts farmer

Veteran
Cant see how the ufc can continue to sign his cheques after last night payday.

There going to have to pull something out the bag to see him fight in the ufc in the future.

Peace.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
what a fix..floyd was told make it look good and take him out in the 10th give people there moneys worth ,,ffs he didnt even get into a sweat

yts farmer

Veteran
Oh well theres a real fight coming up in canelo vs triple g.

All this silliness will be forgotten about in a week or so.

Peace.

yts farmer

Veteran
After 10 rounds of boxing the term " fresh as a daisy" has never been so fitting to describe mayweathers appearance at the end of the fight.

Saw more sweat on torvil and dean after the bolero lol

Peace.

Junk

I didn't see it yet either, but the ref can stop the fight at any time if the fighter is not protecting himself due to fatigue. I can't recall any fights off hand, but I've seen it many times. Fighter's hands are not up because he just can't hold them up anymore. If the other guy is not having that problem, they can stop it.

It was brought up by announcers at one of Prince Naseem's fights because he never had his hands up, literally. He actually did it on purpose bc his hands were almost always out of the fighter's focus, so they had a hard time predicting and protecting from his punches.

Anyway, if he ever got in trouble, it would be a legit stop bc his hands are not up. He can choose to dodge instead of having his hands up, but if the other guy starts landing cleanly, and you won't put your hands up, it's a legit stop bc it becomes dangerous for the fighter.

Again, I haven't seen the fight yet, but fatigue can be a legit stop depending on the circumstances.

Absolem

CMG put up a better fight than I thought he would. Put this fight into context CMG fought a 40 year old Mayweather who looked his age and was much slower than his prime. I would bet all the pro boxers who fought Mayweather and lost to him in his prime wish they could of had the version of Mayweather CMG fought.

Even at 40 and out of boxing for two years Mayweather made CMG who is in his prime look silly after round 4.

Junk

That was a legit stop. CMG has a future ahead of him, and he was just a wobbly and slowly moving target at that point. Stopping it there was the right thing imo.

packerfan79

Veteran
It was the best fight I have seen in the a very long time. Macgregor landed more punches than most Mayweather opponents. Way better fight than the Paciauo flights. To bad ufc is probably going to file bankruptcy, since many people didn't get to watch the fight.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have gotta think Mac did not train properly to be gassed in the third round. Unable to defend himself later in the fight.

If he had sparred a good fighter instead of the Paulie chump, and gone at least 8 rounds per workout, I think he might have had a chance.

To Mayweather being 'old', I think he was close to his peak form and not slow in comparison to him being 20 years old. His endurance was great too. Genetics and training. I doubt Mac could come close to his endurance no matter the training.

For those that thought it a good fight, well glad you enjoyed it. I would have felt robbed to have paid to see Mac start fading in the third and unable to defend himself later due to exhaustion.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good fight, thought Mayweather would have dominated the boxing more but Conner came out strong, he held his own for a long time then he just punched himself out and mayweather took him down, seemed like that's was his plan, let him get tired then punch him out. Conner kept trying to do MMA moves on him lol
Maybe we will see a Diaz Mcgreggor number 3

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I boxed a bit when I was younger, and to do 12 x 3 minute rounds of full on boxing is a feat that most cannot accomplish. I couldn't.

MMArtists have to go 5 x 5 minute rounds in championship matches, but they rarely go the distance.

The pace and control that Mayweather has is impressive, especially at 40 years old, and he deserved to win.

McGregor aimed to take out Mayweather in the early rounds, and gassed himself out while attempting to do it.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That was an awesome fight. I was very impressed that CMG could actually box. He went 10 rounds and that's amazing.

I doubt CMG ever fights again. He got paid like he wanted, now he's gonna walk away is my call.

I enjoyed that fight.