What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowers for the Ladies

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
wow, heavy trich heads on this one!
55932dropleaf.jpg

looks like a fine 2end harvest ana!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Humming Through Summer

Humming Through Summer

Hey girls...didn't know where else to post these...I might start a new thread but until then...yesterdays shoot with my sweet Blue F2...remember these birds are just stopping to check out these buds..closely inspecting as we do....they are not actually feeding on them....DD

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Swallow Poem

Swallow Poem

I'm no writer and certainly not a poet...but one day last spring I checked my calendar and my friends, the Swallows, were due any day to return as they do every spring almost to the day. With a cup of coffee and a scratch pad I put together this.

Swallow Poem by DoobieDuck

Every spring, I start my thing, cutting and building away.
My carpentry skills, and what I will build, hoping they will come and please stay.

From larger to smaller, from shorter to taller, are abodes I will put in their way,
They can come and inspect, scrutinize and object, examine almost every day.

With caution, make haste, I place each living space, my mind exhausted with fear,
Hoping they will approve, they will not move, and will make home here, year after year.

Like amusement park thrills, and to meadowlark trills, these glide and swoop and they play.
Soaring high and then low, flying far they will go, dodging trees that scatter the way.

I sit and I listen, as their blue backs do glisten, to the chirps and calls of romance.
Now they are mating and I find myself waiting this year to see at a glance.

A family to be, or what will be to me, indignation, disgust, and compliance.

Prosaic I’ll become, oh humdrum, another year come soon will go,
A decade of trying sometimes has me crying, for my toils, I get nothing returned.

Unlike years in the past, dissimilar at last, spring brings hope, expect, and desire.
Nesting hear now, compliant I bough, they’re warming my heart like a fire.

My tears they have dried, for what I have tried, to nest swallows close to my home,
Finality done, kinsfolk from above, until fall when finally they have gone.

Copyright
DoobieDuck 2007

These birds just migrated South for the winter 3 days ago...images were in the Spring...

G

Wow, JoeShmoe -- That Zinnia is really something amazing!

And DoobieDuck, those pix of the hummers with the frosty buds -- this <i>does</i> seem the perfect place for them. What gems. Yum. :)

:joint:
ac.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
what a show doobbie! bib bib!

happy male spreading his love!
b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgjn4.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgse8.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgno9.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgzg2.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgdi9.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgos7.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgpt8.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808jpgde1.jpg

b3n7erdpurtxrd210808pz5.jpg

females likes the dust! the love already had its effect!
rdxhe210808bz5.jpg

rdxhe210808jpg1sc7.jpg

rdxhe210808jpg2vh7.jpg

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Ana...You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ana canna again.
ESBE you got it going on...sex in the Womens forum..shame on you...nice pix and girls though....DD

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
well doobie, often sex comes after flowers, hehe

forgot to coment on your poem bro. i love it from my heart, a great poet is lost in you! keep it coming man! btw, you are already a picture poet to me!

doobieduck said:
Every spring, I start my thing, cutting and building away.
My carpentry skills, and what I will build, hoping they will come and please stay.

From larger to smaller, from shorter to taller, are abodes I will put in their way,
They can come and inspect, scrutinize and object, examine almost every day.

With caution, make haste, I place each living space, my mind exhausted with fear,
Hoping they will approve, they will not move, and will make home here, year after year.

Like amusement park thrills, and to meadowlark trills, these glide and swoop and they play.
Soaring high and then low, flying far they will go, dodging trees that scatter the way.

I sit and I listen, as their blue backs do glisten, to the chirps and calls of romance.
Now they are mating and I find myself waiting this year to see at a glance.

A family to be, or what will be to me, indignation, disgust, and compliance.

Prosaic I’ll become, oh humdrum, another year come soon will go,
A decade of trying sometimes has me crying, for my toils, I get nothing returned.

Unlike years in the past, dissimilar at last, spring brings hope, expect, and desire.
Nesting hear now, compliant I bough, they’re warming my heart like a fire.

My tears they have dried, for what I have tried, to nest swallows close to my home,
Finality done, kinsfolk from above, until fall when finally they have gone.

Copyright
DoobieDuck 2007

gixergal

Doobie

How can I tell you what a heart stopping picture that second one on your first post is? I can only presume that your soul is as pure as its colours. Im struggling to find the words to tell you how I feel about it.... I guess I can only say what is on the tip of my tongue..... "Doobs.... that was fucking awesome" :)
love
gix

doobieduck said:
ESBE you got it going on...sex in the Womens forum..shame on you...nice pix and girls though....DD

Ahhh.. we don't mind do we ladies? lol

Not that kind anyway. Love the pics. Thanks again.
:wink:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank You

Thank You

gixergal said:
Doobie

How can I tell you what a heart stopping picture that second one on your first post is? love gix
Gix...thank you for the comments...the second pic in the very first post is a H3ad Seeds cross with Gloriosa Daisies...there are a couple other flowers in the shot as well...ESBE thank you for the kind comments too...everyone...DD

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup, that right mrs.G :D
This is a great thread, first one I look at every morning!
Thank you ALL for the wonderful pictures...great way to start my day :wave:
and yea DD, that poem is lovely just like your pics!

shrooms anyone? these were taken by my gf in kauai ,we did a hike called kaluaua trail along the napali coast, one of the best hikes in the world .these were along the trail in the rain forest.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
nice shrooms!

heres a lil apples for the females. wishing you all a happy weekend!
applesgz4.jpg

applesjpg1zy0.jpg

G

MMMMMMMM applepie;) and SHROOMS<<<hehehe
mornin'

what do you get when you cross a female pikanise/chiwawa<SP? with a brussels griffin??? our puppies;)we hope!hehe

Last edited: