What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flower Hardener

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I have not used any flower hardeners since back in the day using the original gravity. Can someone tell me what is the newest most effective hardener for some weight and dense buds?

I don't care if it contains paclo or chlor as this is for personal head stash. I thought about ordering some flower dragon or some kind of paclo product from ebay.

Whatever I end up choosing I will be using in the last 3 to 4 weeks before harvest, outdoor grow.

Any info is appreciated much!:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

B gump

Mad Farmer or kool bloom work pretty good the last few weeks. There not the newest but work. Advanced has overdrive, you could try that to. I'm in the process of trying out the overdrive, plants seem to like it and they're bulking up.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah, why use some chemicals for the sake of chems? Especially headstash? If it's headstash why pump them up just to pump them up? Ahnold style? Not hating, just wondering? Just give them what they need and let nature do the rest. What about some extra silica to harden the plants up?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
...Can someone tell me what is the newest...

I don't care if it contains paclo or chlor as this is for personal head stash...
First, let me tell you that I think you're not amongst the saner part of human civilisation.
Second, you forgot to mention Alar. Anyway, why for god's sake do people use EXACTLY the most dangerous and least healthy growth retardants with the most impact on nature and longest half-lives?
At least, use the newer prohexadione-calcium (comparatively highest chance of being the least problematic growth retardant on the market)! But PLEASE use it only for yourself as it, like all the other agrochemicals, has never been smoke tested! And like all the other plant growth retardants hasn't it been approved for cannabis-similar edible crops!

PS But best would be to avoid chemicals and use common sense and clever growing practices... just saying...

Flowers should harden themselves in my opinion. These products can throw off your nutrients and lead to more issues than if you just let it do its thing. I've heard of flash ripening and nutrient lockout from people who went to town with koolbloom for example (which is just a big P and K overdose). Certain climates exasperate the issues more than others. Be careful on the outdoor if you do.

Last edited:

BubbaBear

Check out Plagron Green Sensation, there new to the US, but supposedly big in Europe? I picked up a sample the reps were claiming its a all in one bloom booster similar to bloombastic and they seemed to have a solid line so I gave it a try. There has to be some sort of PGR in there, hopefully not one of the bad ones, It made my buds blow the fuck up and rock hard like l haven't seen since I used Gravity. I used it at full strength 4ml per gallon and probably lost some quality but had unbelievable weight, I liked what I saw at 3ml per gallon a lot better but if your going for max weight run it at 4.

glow

Check out Plagron Green Sensation, there new to the US, but supposedly big in Europe? I picked up a sample the reps were claiming its a all in one bloom booster similar to bloombastic and they seemed to have a solid line so I gave it a try. There has to be some sort of PGR in there, hopefully not one of the bad ones, It made my buds blow the fuck up and rock hard like l haven't seen since I used Gravity. I used it at full strength 4ml per gallon and probably lost some quality but had unbelievable weight, I liked what I saw at 3ml per gallon a lot better but if your going for max weight run it at 4.

If you are losing quality then it is likely because it contains some kind of GA inhibitor/antagonist which acts to reduce stretch and typically increases density. My question is though WTF would you use anything that stands to end up in the smoke stream and your lungs without knowing what it is? Bring on large corporations growing the stuff I say where codes of practice are applied. The consumer will be better off all round when compared to the wild west of who gives a fuck and the more the better at any cost.

glow

First, let me tell you that I think you're not amongst the saner part of human civilisation.
Second, you forgot to mention Alar. Anyway, why for god's sake do people use EXACTLY the most dangerous and least healthy growth retardants with the most impact on nature and longest half-lives?
At least, use the newer prohexadione-calcium (comparatively highest chance of being the least problematic growth retardant on the market)! But PLEASE use it only for yourself as it, like all the other agrochemicals, has never been smoke tested! And like all the other plant growth retardants hasn't it been approved for cannabis-similar edible crops!

PS But best would be to avoid chemicals and use common sense and clever growing practices... just saying...

Can't say as I totally agree with you here OO but certainly agree with this option being somewhat safer on paper. And totally agree re your last statement "best would be to avoid chemicals and use common sense and clever growing practices"

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Don't use that bullshit on your plants, and no way is it just for headstash. You want more weight and are willing to spray whatever to get it. Gross.

Let's call it like it is, greed.

Try reading up on the organics and learn what makes flowers ripen/dense up?

I hope your weed never makes it to me, I sure don't want to smoke glowing greens, bah

BubbaBear

If you are losing quality then it is likely because it contains some kind of GA inhibitor/antagonist which acts to reduce stretch and typically increases density. My question is though WTF would you use anything that stands to end up in the smoke stream and your lungs without knowing what it is? Bring on large corporations growing the stuff I say where codes of practice are applied. The consumer will be better off all round when compared to the wild west of who gives a fuck and the more the better at any cost.

I actually find I loose some quality with just about any nutrient or especially a bloom booster ran at full strength, I prefer peaking out at 3/4 strength with most nutrients and feel like most companies full strength recommended amounts are slightly to high for most strains, probably because there more concerned with pushing yield over quality.

Plagron* seems like a stand up company, l just haven't seen results like l got from Green Sensation since l used a known PGR product back when we still thought it was a magic kelp extract. But who knows, maybe it is just a next level PK boost with some bio stimulants done right.

I leave it up to watch dogs like Glow to find out if theres any toxic secret sauce in products like these so im glad you saw this thread.I got the sample tried it out and was shocked by the results, im not rushing out to buy the stuff till l know more about whats in it. Theres very little info on Plagron on the internet here in the US, I believe there part of the flux of Dutch companies moving or atleast doing buisness out this way to avoid the new Dutch laws ? They dont seem like the type of company that would push PGRs especially since there trying to grow in the US, but who knows.

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
get a strain with denser buds or dial in your nutes/lighting....yeehaw..fuck gravity and bushmaster...

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Polygron seems like a stand up company, l just haven't seen results like l got from green sensation since l used a known PGR product back when we still thought it was a magic kelp extract. But who knows, maybe it is just a next level PK boost with some bio stimulants done right...
If the label on the package says "EC fertiliser", then it should be a pure inorganic fertiliser (tested by an independent EU approved lab... theoretically...) and may not contain anything which is of plant or animal origin (in principle, this does not exclude petrochemicals). The allowed synthetic chelates are found on a supplement somewhere IN HERE (only EDTA, some derivatives and homologues thereof) as are all the other additives (hidden somewhere within the loooong text, haven't read it yet). I couldn't find anything regarding the organic label "CU" (unless CU stands for Consumers Union which does not really certify organic stuff IIRC). Anyway, it seems rather unlikely that even a halfway bogus organic certified product from an EU country would contain a PGR (hopefully, this isn't just my good hope). This still leaves a few fertilisers and additives which may or may not contain more than what's on the label even if it's "just" a synthetic plant hormone (AFAIK those would have to be declared as well)... but honestly, their labels are a lot more informative than those on US products and only a few are made in a way which might probably mask the presence of illicit stuff (which is quite difficult nowadays; unless it's a new chemical entity in which case several strict laws and not just a fertiliser guideline would be severely violated).

EDIT: Upps... you said POLYGRON, not PLAGRON... sorry! I leave this post in case you meant the latter.

BubbaBear

Sorry for the typo I ment Plagron not polygron l will fix it if it will let me. From there web site...

composition EC FERTILIZER. Solution of PK fertilizers (0-9-10). 9% Water-soluble phosphorus pentoxide (P 2 O 5), 10% water-soluble potassium oxide (K 2 O). Information for Users USA, on heavy metals, click here.

They claim its a PK boost with aminos and bio stimulants, similar to Bloombastic. But dont list what bio stimulants and aminos are used.

http://www.plagron.com/nl-nl/product/1/46/18/green-sensation.aspx

Latest posts

Latest posts