What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Its not like you have to bring them to your grow on the first meet lol....If you wanted to meet up with someone check there icmag history (ie see how long they have been on,if they grow. Etc Etc)...meet up at a local area where there are other ppli.e. Beach(I think is the best)....Each bring a joint and shoot the shit....have a couple more meet ups to the point you are comfortable then talk trade....Not to hard just have common sense....Trust me bro your not the only Paranoid one on here (I think we all are lol) you would be dumb not to be....Hope I helped

Its not like you have to bring them to your grow on the first meet lol....If you wanted to meet up with someone check there icmag history (ie see how long they have been on,if they grow. Etc Etc)...meet up at a local area where there are other ppli.e. Beach(I think is the best)....Each bring a joint and shoot the shit....have a couple more meet ups to the point you are comfortable then talk trade....Not to hard just have common sense....Trust me bro your not the only Paranoid one on here (I think we all are lol) you would be dumb not to be....Hope I helped

True dat. Thanks for the reply. I guess I will go against my paraniod nature and post here more and just try to get to know some peeps here. Any kind of meet would be a ways down the road anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple from my humble little town here anywho. Just got to get to know 'em first.

Thanks.

confused

Haha slocala, giving up your location in your name?

I believe that description of SLOOOOW. I guess all there is to do is breed horses. Hope all is well in FLA USA!

Spicoli

Veteran
Ya you would be suprised....there are many like us, among us (in the state)lol....Peace and happy growing

ljjr

Hey everybody! I'm starting a new run. I'm keeping my microgrow setup in the garage (upping the flower chamber to 448w CFL) and trying to sog, hempy style. I am at about four nodes on my unsexed seedlings, so it's gonna be a while before I see anything. At least the mids are still available around here to tide me over! I'm documenting and will put up a journal if everything works out and I think it could help someone out with their grow.

On another note, I have a question...

Let me preface this by saying I'M NOT FISHING FOR INFO! I am not asking to barter with anyone here, I am not soliciting anything from anyone here. At all. Period. OK?

Now my question. I know everyone here is paranoid about their grows, and the #1 recommendation for all noobs who show up here is: "DON'T TELL ANYONE". I also know that there are quite a few folks here that know other growers IRL that they trade seeds and cuttings with. How do you meet others that you trust enough to talk about your grow with? The only person who knows about my grow is my wife. Not even my kids (older teenagers living at home) know or suspect. I don't even post here that much because of my paranoia about this. I probably wouldn't trust anyone who I "met" on a website, even IC, to let them know where I am (although anyone here from Florida already knows roughly where I am!)

Where do you know these people from that you trust them that much? I would love to meet someone to trade genetics with, but am VERRRRRRRY leery of doing it.

i met one of my best friends on a canna board that is now down. we have been friends for a little over 4 years now, he also lives in fl and about an hour away. like spicoli said feel em out first and get to know he/she well before anything is shown or admitted. my buddy and i trade genetics and bud when we can, our wives even hang out sometimes now.

Spicoli

Veteran
Ya just like ljjr said...you can meet some really cool ppl...just take your time...Peace

toasted1

anybody ever shop at cultavation eden in vero?? i went to palm beach hydroponic supplies the other day nice folks dude seems cool but they didnt have the size container of nutes i wanted but they had a huge selection of nutes and supplies for how small the store was
it was kinda cool never been in a hydro shop b4 mostly order my shit online or make it myself :D but last time i orderd nutes online i got home one day and theres 2 gallons of gh on the front door step no box :yoinks: :noway: i was sketched out for a couple days :fsu:

stay safe
:pimp3:

Thanks for the replies everybody. Anyone having problems with outside grows from all the rain? I've thought about trying to find a good spot out in the forest, but am currently trying to learn the best way to grow indoors. Trying and get good at one style first!

anybody ever shop at cultavation eden in vero?? i went to palm beach hydroponic supplies the other day nice folks dude seems cool but they didnt have the size container of nutes i wanted but they had a huge selection of nutes and supplies for how small the store was
it was kinda cool never been in a hydro shop b4 mostly order my shit online or make it myself :D but last time i orderd nutes online i got home one day and theres 2 gallons of gh on the front door step no box :yoinks: :noway: i was sketched out for a couple days :fsu:

stay safe

Damn! I'm surprised the UPS (oe whichever) guy didn't ask you for a hook-up later on! :yoinks: Too effed up...

Spicoli

Veteran
Ya thats some shit toasted...im going to have to check that hydro store out....Peace

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cultivating eden is way over priced. And the dude tried to argue with me about LEDs "will not grow nug". But then when i asked if he wanted to see for himself online, go look at the pics. They charge insane too.
htg in melbourne has always been cool as hell with me. No problems with returns or nothing...get free samples too! But I have given them pleeenty of money...lol
good vibes

htg is what's up. some cool ass dudes in there. I try not to make a habit of hanging out there but since I'm close occasionally, I stop in just for shits sometimes. they have some awesome corn stalks in ebb n grow buckets right now.

Spicoli

Veteran
Guess ill have to check out HTG enstead lol....Lets keep FL green Brothers (and Sisters:D)

I agree, HTG is the shit. Saw them online and wished there was a way to not have to pay shipping on their below average prices, then realized there was a store 40 minutes away, LOL. Those guys are great.

G

Guest 18340

htg is what's up. some cool ass dudes in there. I try not to make a habit of hanging out there but since I'm close occasionally, I stop in just for shits sometimes. they have some awesome corn stalks in ebb n grow buckets right now.

They had some huge Sun Flowers in those e/f buckets a few weeks ago. Pretty cool.

toasted1

WiskyTango thanx for the heads up on C.E :yes: i went back down to the hydro shop in palm beach only spent a few $ but the dude still threw me some samples of nutes :woohoo: and was cool and helpfull :joint: prices are pretty comparable to ebay

Spicoli , SlowCalaToker yea that was some shit had me peekn out the blinds like im geek'd out of my mind :crazy: kept thinkn i was hearn multipul car doors shut :yoinks::wallbash:

stay safe

Spicoli

Veteran
Ya prob raised a few brows but, you pulled it off....you must have awesome karma.....Peace

joseaf

:bongsmi::abduct:
I agree, HTG is the shit. Saw them online and wished there was a way to not have to pay shipping on their below average prices, then realized there was a store 40 minutes away, LOL. Those guys are great.

The shipping cost is too high, but the HTG store is close enough to get my needs. The guys in the store are cool.

There are a couple of stores in South Florida that I like. One in Miami near the 826 and a couple in Broward. I don't mind going in to purchase nutrients and small stuff.

I want to upgrade my system, but I have reservations walking out of a store with that much equipment. I plan to order from ebay. I had a strange thing happen to me once in a store in West Palm Beach. Ever since that incident, I don't go to the store in West Palm. Long story short, the store owner mistook me for a cop that was following one of his customers. I never went back to the store for fear the cops have the place under surveillance.

:abduct:

Status
Not open for further replies.