What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquaman2112

Tropical said:
Aqua, what do you look for in a mom?
I look for Potencey , taste,restance to Mold and Pests, easy to grow, EZ cloning for my outdoors I look for strains that are better equiped to grow in sandy non-nutent soils even though I mix in soil additives such as Manure, peatmoss,ect ect. Ok Im getting off track :)

Aqua~

Tropical

I look for easy to grow first. That includes fast cloning, tolerance of nute burn/deficiency, drought tolerance, yield, low odor, etc. In other words, how many times can I get high per hour of labor. ;-) I also like plants that produce either very sleepy indicas for insomnia and muscle spasms, or motivational sativas for working out and dancing. One extreme or the other.

Potency is secondary and taste is a luxury that I would like to indulge but I struggle so much just trying to keep myself from going dry.

Mold and pests haven't been a problem for me yet, so I don't really think about them. I tend to put indicas out in the fall and winter so they will finish in the dry season. Sativas can go out in the spring and summer. Plus, if you notice my outdoor pics, the plants are next to a wall, so the overhang keeps most of the rain off the plants, but the sun still shines on them to dry them out after a storm. As far as pests, maybe growing them in containers on a concrete patio is why I have fewer problems compared to people who grow directly in the ground.

Aquaman2112

Put out some SSHxG13 , Nerville Haze ,and some Blue13xNorthernlights/SweetTooth :canabis: last week for some Spring Smoke :)

Aqua~

Last edited:

Tropical

Where did you get the Neville's Haze? Seed or clone? How do you like it?

How about the SSHxG13? Did you cross it yourself? Have you had any harvests yet?

Have you ever grown Northern Lights?

Aquaman2112

Tropical said:
Where did you get the Neville's Haze? Seed or clone? How do you like it?
I got them From an Ole OGer they are a cross from his top 2 plants.
Tropical said:
How about the SSHxG13? Did you cross it yourself? Have you had any harvests yet?
Seeds, No I havnt, But He was really fond of them So I cant wait to try these out.
the Clones I got from him a few years back were kickass But were of a differnt Strain
Tropical said:
Have you ever grown Northern Lights?
Only in Crosses never Straight Northern Lights.

next to be Harvested is The Blue13 x SweettoothxNotheernLights
The Blue13 Tasted Great but the Buds have a lot of leaf in the Buds
The Northernlights x SweetTooth Had a good taste and The Desired Bud Little to no Trimming :) But not Quite as potent as the Blue13 but the Cross produces some really Nice Plants.. So on the Hunt for New Moms......... I miss some of my Old Moms But hey that is what Change is all about.... The Conquest of New Worlds!!!!!

Aqua~
Here is a Group Flowering Shot

These are out for sexing have already taken Clones incase of Greatness :)

SSHxG13

SweetBlue

Nerville Haze

Last edited:

Aquaman2112

No The SSH is Crossed with G13 NH is an F2
He Pollinated his Best NH male to His Best NH Female

Aqua~

Last edited:

dj digigrow

when can I put plants out? mid march?
the weathers crazy over here one night its 65 next night its 40??...
I live near tampa..btw.
thx...

Aquaman2112

to flower Right Now
Plant seeds may
The weather in your area is great for flowering just bring in on those few crazy cold nights.. the indicas & Hybrids will eat this weather up!!!!
The pics above are from today!

Last edited:
G

I just want to personally thank the legislature for convening for 60 days to take on some serious community business.Like how many plants you will be allowed indoors before they kill your dog and take your house.Other than that have a bright Florida day!I'm gonna go dodge cars on my bike now

Tropical

Aquaman2112 said:
to flower Right Now
Plant seeds may
The weather in your area is great for flowering just bring in on those few crazy cold nights.. the indicas & Hybrids will eat this weather up!!!!
The pics above are from today!

Yeah, but watch out for the sativas. They might reveg in late April. I try to get my indicas out by the first of March. Then, I wait until 4/20 to put out the sativas. March is a good time to germinate sativa seeds.

Aquaman2112

Tropical said:
Yeah, but watch out for the sativas. They might reveg in late April. I try to get my indicas out by the first of March. Then, I wait until 4/20 to put out the sativas. March is a good time to germinate sativa seeds.
Good Point!

Which I hope mine yeah do those bad boys or should I say Girls reveg and grow the size of the House!!!! I'll do the happy Dance
I know that they are Girls now so Let the show begin....LOL
But that is my Grow.....

Tropical

Aquaman2112 said:
...I hope mine ... reveg and grow the size of the House!!!! ...

You're not going to forget your friends, are you? ;-)

I don't have a location secure for plants as big as a house, so I have to be careful when I put out mature sativas. Some (most?) will flower anytime, but the ones that only need less than 14 hours/day of sunlight to stay in veg don't go out before August. Actually, our longest day of the entire year is less than 14 hours, but I have seen some sativas veg in only 13 hours/day of light. We get that from around 4/20 through July and into August.

I'll try putting out some very small sativas next May or June.

rastavibes

Hey does anybody have any suggestions for outdoor growing in west-central Florida (suncoast area)? Just some general advice such as which strains would do good, or some pointers about the factors of the area would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot and its good to see so many from around here!

G

Guest 18340

Haze x Skunk1, when to plant outdoors

Haze x Skunk1, when to plant outdoors

Whats up my fellow Floridians. I'm gonna be moving to the Cocoa area on April 1st. The house has a secluded enough backyard where i feel comfortable growing outside. I got 3 Haze x Skunk1 (seedbay freebies) vegging in my closet at the moment and by the time i get into the new place they'll be about 5 weeks old. When should i put them outside? I'd like them to veg (outside) for a few weeks before they flower.
Also, any suggestions on some wicked sativa i can grow outside? Been growing indoors for awhile now but this is my first try at outdoors. :joint:

G

kingpiff checking inn. I plan on doing a outdoor grow for my first time. I want to put my thaihaze x skunk out around early to mid april. I believe it will veg all the way to aug-sept before it starts to flower. Am I wrong? Also is mold a big issue come harvest time?

mtf-shaman

if they legalise it, they would lose all that money they get from selling confiscated cannabis or all the money that flows from mexico and columbia because of it being illegal.....major bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.