What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect taken, that's just the slang you'll hear in Florida. I never once heard anything else used when describing "dank". It was either "Scwag" (commercial-mexican), "mids" (commercial-mexican) or "Krippy" (seedless, locally grown bud).

I have lived all over Florida, including Gainesville, and there was never a way to know the strain unless you knew the grower personally. I also know that Miami and Orlando grow most of what Gainesville smokes. Gainesville has a lot of growers, but none of them grow enough quantity to support a college town.

I chilled with growers from the Redlands and the Everglades. These people claimed to be the first generation of seedless pot growers on the East Coast. Of all their personal strains, none were called "krippy". In fact, most were Haze and Skunk crosses.

"Krippy" is much like "Skunk" is to the people in the UK. Many people in that region look at regular own commercial pot as harmless, but view "the krippy" as a harmful and highly-addictive drug. (Mainly because it costs so much more.)

"He's always smoked pot, but now he's on 'the krippy'!" (true quotation)

Also, if you find me a seedbank which has ever carried a strain called "krippy"; I'll award massive K+ to you.

-ebi

G

Ahh the redlands...Used to be my back yard for 25 years..I have an 84 Hightimes mag and in it's price index it has Kryptonite being sold in miami for 280...I had a family member who grew in the Glades with a couple of buddies and he had the best Roadkill skunk back then..real stinker and deep deep stone...Thats how I learned..no seeds and a long cure before he would get rid of it...Nothing got released until it was ready...Ethics that you just dont see alot of now days...Thanks for taking me back to memory lane EasyBake...

"I be on it all night, man I be on it (day day)
All day straight up pimp
If you want me you can find me in the...AIR!

I be on dat Kryptonite
Straight up on dat Kryptonite
I be on dat, straight up on dat
I be on dat Kryptonite "

Purple Ribbon All Stars (Feat. Big Boi)

G

gdawg

easybake i agree with ya on the krippy use down there. my cuz in the 904 says thats just the slang for any indoor bud. BUT he says they use the term "headies" when talkin bout some sure nuff' killa. i remember going to see him in the late 80s and gettin some "krippy" that seemed to be more like a nl than a haze. and it was the bomb.

Siddartha

I always accepted the story that krippie was just a name for good weed, like some people call it dank or kind bud or just "The Good".

I get some haze crosses in FL all the time. Got some now in fact :-D.

::loads a big ol bowl for flgrowers::

G

PHILLYPRIDE, CHECK IT OUT MAN I DONT CARE WHAT HAPPEN IN THE 80'S OR 90'S
I NO MORE THAN A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE THAT GOT HOUSES SET UP IN REDLAND , HOMESTEAD, FT.LAUDERDALE , ORLANDO , TAMPA, KRIPPY IS JUST AND OTHER WORD FOR SOME FIRE ASS BUD DONT LET ANYONE SELL YOU DREAMS . IT'S NOT EVEN A STRAIN AND IS NOT HAZE. IF ANIT HOME GROWN I DONT EVEN BOTHER CHIEFING ON THAT SHIT.

Last edited:
G

PIFFDADDY said:
PHILLYPRIDE, CHECK IT OUT MAN I DONT CARE WHAT HAPPEN IN THE 80'S OR 90'S
I NO MORE THAN A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE THAT GOT HOUSES SET UP IN REDLAND , HOMESTEAD, FT.LAUDERDALE , ORLANDO , TAMPA, KRIPPY IS JUST AND OTHER WORD FOR SOME FIRE ASS BUD DONT LET ANYONE SELL YOU DREAMS . IT'S NOT EVEN A STRAIN AND IS NOT HAZE. HAZE IS ALMOST LIKE B.C. BUD SHIT SUCKS I WONT EVEN SMOKE THAT SHIT LIKE THAT REGULAR WEED DUDE. IF ANIT HOME GROWN I DONT EVEN BOTHER CHIEFING ON THAT SHIT.

P.S. IF U EVER IN DADE COUNTY (MIAMI) HOLLA AT YOUR BOY I'LL HOOK U UP MAN
ONE HIT QUITER .YOU WILL BE STUCK ON STUPID.

well guess that sums it up...

G

hey florida ics...
dont wanna **** your thread off but ive got a little question about MARCO ISLAND in fl...

i ve rent a little house for christmas holidays ...how is the weed situation there ..i know there is a beach in near of my house ...can i get there something,or is it hard to find?

Thx

Last edited:
G

Yes there will be members from this site going to the convention.I went to the first one 2 years ago.

weed situation in SW florida is getting crazy with operation clean streets..If you can find it, there is Haze crosses around but dont hold your breath with all these raids.Best of luck and enjoy your vacation.

G

Don't know if any one has already heard about this, happened a few years ago but just in case here it is. Student most likely went to UF and just dealt a few ounces to friends to pay the bills.

On June 6, 2003, a 19-year-old Alachua County, Florida, college student was raped by his cellmate as he served the first of four weekend sentences for delivering marijuana, a felony offense. (The student's name has not been released.) He had been placed in a cell with a violent offender who had been in the county jail for 11 months awaiting trial on sexual battery charges.

The two men were sharing a cell because the jail was overcrowded. Typically, inmates are classified according to offense, criminal history, gender, and/or age, among other factors, when assigned to their cells. Because certain offenders need to be isolated for safety reasons, a jail's capacity is in reality much lower than the number of beds it houses.

While the Alachua County jail could theoretically hold 920 inmates, in reality it could only accommodate an average of 782 inmates on any given day because of the need to separate certain offenders. On the day the college student was raped, the jail contained 918 inmates, far exceeding capacity. Such overcrowding had been typical in the jail since 1998.

Though the two men would normally have been separated, they were grouped together because delivering marijuana and sexual battery are both considered felonies. According to Alachua County Sheriff's Sergeant Jim Troiano, "If there was space available, absolutely we would rather keep the weekenders in a pre-designated area. But because we don't have much space available we have to do with circumstances on hand."
http://www.mpp.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=glKZLeMQIsG&b=1425757&ct=2087257

Stay safe and for god's sake if you love weed leave florida! I Spent 90% of my life there, then lived in europe and now oregon where under state law i can legally grow cannabis for myself and my ill wife.

STAY SAFE!!!

Last edited:
G

GROWNOW,

IF I WAS YOU I WOULD BRING IT WITH ME, BUT I'M SHORE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO FINE SOME BUD IT'S FLORIDA MAN, SOME TIMES IT WHO YOU NO.

HotCha

I just wanted to give props to Florida growers. I went to Orlando in September with my lady to visit Disneyworld, and we got the nastiest sack of dank nuggets no more than eight hours after our plane landed. Those nugs made our trip perfect, thanks Florida growers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.