What's new

Florida Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

good drown

if only there was a plant genetically similar to MJ, then one could just teach how to grow, harvest, cook, extract, and whatnot

rambone

This weather sucks 3 days of rain ahead of us, anybody have any advice on whether I should pull my outdoor girl to avoid mold? Ideally I wanted to let her go another week but she has some density to her and I dont want mold to ruin it.

MostHigh

Better to stick her by a window or on a porch than to let it get soaked in its final days.

Especially if the buds are already heavy enough to be bending their stem. They get wet, they'll droop down to the ground.

oldgrayhair

Spicoli, hope you're feeling better man! Since I know you are tough and can take it, here's a recap of the strains we enjoyed at the greet :biggrin:

Mountain Jam
Cinderella 99
Sensi Star
Papaya
MK Ultra
Bubba Kush (pre98)
BubbleDust
Schnazzleberry
Grapefruit x Blueberry
Shit

(probably missed a few!)

+ a variety of bubble hash and dry sift.

Just don't get sick again!!!! :huggg:

resse's peaces! - ogh

killa12345

Hey FLA!

Pretty shitty day in the south! Here is a shot to sheed some sunshine for the day!

PK x PR f2 white cut....2 weeks from Harvest!

Attachments

• DSC03491.jpg
    DSC03491.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 12

toasted1

Spicoli, hope you're feeling better man! Since I know you are tough and can take it, here's a recap of the strains we enjoyed at the greet :biggrin:

Mountain Jam
Cinderella 99
Sensi Star
Papaya
MK Ultra
Bubba Kush (pre98)
BubbleDust
Schnazzleberry
Grapefruit x Blueberry
Shit

(probably missed a few!)

+ a variety of bubble hash and dry sift.

Just don't get sick again!!!! :huggg:

resse's peaces! - ogh

damn man that sounds better than a trip to a amsterdam bar :biggrin:

killa - lovely nug :yes::yes:

stay safe
:smokey:

vanzman12

hi guys glad to see so many people here representing the great state of Florida. I've been living here since 89 and have had a few feeble attempts at outdoor growing. With such strict cultivation laws I feel my only option is to try a guerrilla grow. I've done a lot of research on this forum and other but still have a few questions i hope you can answer for me. I'm sure the answers are somewhere in this 300 page thread but i don't have the time to read every post looking for the answers.

Alright lets get down to business.

Sativa and Sativa dominant hybrids seem to be the best bet in having a successful outdoor grow here so i was wondering what are some of the better strains in term of potency and yield?

What do you do to combat the heavy rain and high humidity? What products help to prevent mold and are their certain strains that seem to be mold resistant?

What indigenous plants provide good cover for are beloved mary jay? Are palmetto bushes capable of hiding our plants from an ariel view?

Any other tips and tricks about growing in our great state would be appreciated.

Thanks all and happy growing,

Vanzman

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Damn OGH gotta go rub it in my face like that huh?lol j/k...im def feel better thanx bro...im sure it was one hell of a smoke out bro...still pissed I missed it...hope all is well with you and yours bro....peace

Damn OGH gotta go rub it in my face like that huh?lol j/k...im def feel better thanx bro...im sure it was one hell of a smoke out bro...still pissed I missed it...hope all is well with you and yours bro....peace
You were missed Spicoli.... for the first 1hr then we forgot you didn't come :p J/J Hope to see you there next time:smokeit::smokeit:

G

Guest 18340

HAHA, Blaner123Doobie I just noticed your avatar, lol! He was so stoned lol!!!

Cool Moe

Veteran
Evl, good morning, hoping you could answer a few questions...I just moved 20 plants from the 24/0 veg shed to outdoors. How long do you think until they show sex? When they do, the best males I was gonna move back into inside for f2s and crosses, any advice on collecting pollen and spreading it to the girls would be much appreciated. Thanks!

G

Guest 18340

Hey their Cool Moe. How long were they vegging for? It depends on how mature they are. If you wait long enough, they'll show sex in veg, usually around 5-6 weeks.
I don't do any breeding at all so i could not help you on how to apply pollen but I know their are a few cats here that know how to throw pollen, they'll chime in.
Oh, what i would do is clone all the plants now (if they're big enough to clone) and put the moms outside. That way the females can just flower away and you'll already have clones of them.
GoodLuck
Evl

Cool Moe

Veteran
Thanks for the reply Evl, learning as I go here and really grateful for your advice. Plants were started from seed just before Xmas so right now they are between 5 and 6 weeks. None showed preflowers yet but I gotta get 'em out so they finish before May when I'll be germing seeds for the summer outdoor crop, and need to keep my total number under 25 just in case. Unfortunately I don't have a place where I can keep mothers indoor year round so I gotta start from seed each time, and I'm hoping to multiply and cross the genetics I purchased through several banks. I can isolate the males indoors long enough to collect pollen but that's about it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.