What's new

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatafish

Veteran
I was at firestone couple weeks ago for Spacemen. First time out in a long time. Its still around...mostly new style stuff though. We usually hit up the reunion parties on the holidays when they have them. Too old to party though :)

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I was reading the old florida growers thread and DawnPatrol had acquired what he believed was gainesville green....Im still a newb and cant pm him...is he still here?

Greetings M8! I'm still around here from time to time. Once you have PM privileges, feel free to let me know if there are ever any questions you have that you can't get answered and if I don't know the answer, I can probably point you in the right direction. But there are tons of knowledgeable people around here so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding the answers to your questions.

As far as Gainesville Green goes, unfortunately what I received was not the GG I remembered from 25+ years ago. That said, the very generous individual with the giant brass balls that sent those beans half way around the world will always have my gratitude. Those beans turned into awesome plants that I'm very glad I had the chance to grow out, they were just not what I was hoping for.

After that experience I really started researching current reports on old sativa genetic lines and while there are a few well documented accounts of genetic lines of 20+ years still in existence today, Gainesville Green does not appear to be one of them.

It was a common sales term for any sticky green bud back then, so I'm not even sure that that was what I was actually buying back then. I just know that it was an uplifting, giggly high and that the buds had the best aroma that I've ever smelled in my life and I would love to stick my nose in a bag and smell that aroma again.

Catatafish

Veteran
Anyone remember "the crown" that used to be around in the late 90's CFL? May have been called "royal crown" but we always new it as the crown.

Just curious as to what it was.

FlaDankster

Veteran
I miss the 90s

Tell me about it......uncle cid was still easily found then.

Deiselboy...saw him and a few of the others mentioned back in the day at Simons in Gville.Always loved when sasha and digweed showed up.Simons was the shit.A good dirty wafer an shit was on.Good memories.

Catatafish

Veteran
Simons was bad ass, always one of my favorite spots. That little headshop was right around the corner and you could get chargers thru the mail slot all night long. Lol drive home got pretty interesting at times ;0 I dont know how we ever survived those years.

Last time i was there probably like halloween 98 or so, members of rabbit were throwing D&B dj set down on the roof top while digweed was in main room. I never really liked straight beat stuff but digweed always tore the place up.

Coba

Veteran
I remember a buddy of mine got pissed after he saw Jane's Addiction, I forget exactly where but, some venue in G'ville... this was some time ago and tickets when they first got back together where not cheap... so, supposedly they played a super short set my bud said like 45 minutes or something dirty short like that... when they did play, what really got him steamed was...

later that night after the dirty short show Perry had went to Simon's and spun a 3 hour set!

Hugh Midity

Veteran
here are some shots from my bro's first try at growing. 30 days in flower here, super lemon haze and shmoe's casey jones, coco/soil, 600 watt hps in a 2.5' x 5' area and feeding flora at the 6:9 ratio.
100_2716.jpg

100_2717.jpg

100_2718.jpg

100_2719.jpg

100_2722.jpg

FlaDankster

Veteran
Simons was bad ass, always one of my favorite spots. That little headshop was right around the corner and you could get chargers thru the mail slot all night long. Lol drive home got pretty interesting at times ;0 I dont know how we ever survived those years.

Last time i was there probably like halloween 98 or so, members of rabbit were throwing D&B dj set down on the roof top while digweed was in main room. I never really liked straight beat stuff but digweed always tore the place up.

Yes the mail slot lol!!!

Last i hit up Simons was just before he sold the place....95 96ish??Wasn't the same after that.Simon always made sure he had good names up in there spinnin.

One of the best shows i can remember was(can't believe i'm sayin this)with DJ FBI.FBI was okay but alot like deiselboy.....ya seen'em once ya seen'em 100 times.But that was a great night with a good show.

Smoked a fatty with ak1200 and got his ass ripped one night...cool cat right there.

JohnBell

Saying HI

Saying HI

Hey guys,

I just wanted to drop a note saying hello to florida. I have relocated here from Texas and look forward to bringing some of my genetics and skills to the ball game. I have some of my old post up here so take a look at some of my lovely ISS. I have not posted any recent post or pictures do to some past security issues that scared the hell out of me. Anyways, going to need to learn a little this season outdoors as i don't have a place to flower inside. Ive read through some of the outdoors grows from here but one question I'm curious about is the bugs. How do you guys deal with them especially since my last year vegetable garden was eaten alive. Ive always grown organic indoors so I've never had to deal with them before so some preemptive knowledge is needed here.

Thanks again

Peace and keep it green.

Well damn it feels good to see other growers from FL! Not many long threads specific to us on these forums.

Been in FL all my life and running outdoor this year. Anyone have any recs on strains for under the sun?

I was thinking Ace's Panama and a few from OGS

Welcome. I was wondering about bugs too.

Habanero Pepper with water mixed in a spray. Chop at least 4 or 5 pieces per pint of water and let it boil. Pour all of it in a spray bottle and go to town. Make sure to hit the soil around the stem. Ive used this amd it works extremely well in preventing bugs in general, spider mites in particular.

As always get organic peppers if you can.

JohnBell

Habanero Pepper with water mixed in a spray. Chop at least 4 or 5 pieces per pint of water and let it boil. Pour all of it in a spray bottle and go to town. Make sure to hit the soil around the stem. Ive used this amd it works extremely well in preventing bugs in general, spider mites in particular.

As always get organic peppers if you can.

Nice this may work for me the only thing that the bugs didn't eat last year were my habaneros and chilies. Let me ask you this can you make it too strong that it could damage the pants?

ghostmade

Veteran
i like to amend my soil with neem cake,crab shell,and de.i also folar neem,silica,mushroom compost,and worm castings,twice a month in the early(EARLY)a.m. ,in veg. that right there is my stock IPM.shit that just half of what i do for IPM. even more crazy is,bugs are not even a quarter of the problems in most of spots.i also got rippers and pigs,heat and water drama,animals(i have to deal with all of them land,sea,air)shit there was a alligators nest about 50 yards from the spot,i was amazed!real cool,i doubled down on the p# when i seen the gator guard lol .theres also bears and panthers(and bob cats).shiiit ive been lost a few times,i even had to turn on my smartphone(and i never do that) to map my way out.man i come at this like its the gorilla game's(t.m.)lol.like a survival ninja.it really is life or death in the wood man.for real.its all about your location location location.north central and south.here i have year round and i can run pure sativa.shit reread this thread.hoped i help to give you some insight our world.

cannaworrior check out ace,bog,and hybrids from hell,my 3 goto OD stock

Nice this may work for me the only thing that the bugs didn't eat last year were my habaneros and chilies. Let me ask you this can you make it too strong that it could damage the pants?

No way, bro. The original recipe calls for 4-5 habaneros in a pint of water but I go all out. Usually 8 or 9 chopped up and put in enough water to fill up a spray bottle the size of a large Windex bottle. I leave the peppers in there, too.

I have yet to notice any damage using that remedy and it's been years.

i like to amend my soil with neem cake,crab shell,and de.i also folar neem,silica,mushroom compost,and worm castings,twice a month in the early(EARLY)a.m. ,in veg. that right there is my stock IPM.shit that just half of what i do for IPM. even more crazy is,bugs are not even a quarter of the problems in most of spots.i also got rippers and pigs,heat and water drama,animals(i have to deal with all of them land,sea,air)shit there was a alligators nest about 50 yards from the spot,i was amazed!real cool,i doubled down on the p# when i seen the gator guard lol .theres also bears and panthers(and bob cats).shiiit ive been lost a few times,i even had to turn on my smartphone(and i never do that) to map my way out.man i come at this like its the gorilla game's(t.m.)lol.like a survival ninja.it really is life or death in the wood man.for real.its all about your location location location.north central and south.here i have year round and i can run pure sativa.shit reread this thread.hoped i help to give you some insight our world.

cannaworrior check out ace,bog,and hybrids from hell,my 3 goto OD stock

Lol @ land, sea, and air. I used to live in Saint Augustine so I know exactly what you mean!

Ace's gear seems to be on point especially for our type of climate. Will check into BOG and Hybrids from Hell. Thanks!

Catatafish

Veteran
Hope everyone is safe after the last few news articles i read today.

People just cant seem to get the "dont steal electricity" rule in there head. 2 down.

I got a chuckle out of the one where the electric company fixed and it blew again before they were even finished! LOL! C'mon people use a little thought.

Coba

Veteran
damn hugh, those look nice!...

spinosad and neem oil helps me a lot with bugs, i get a 32 oz sprayer, put 5 mL of each in with water, spray when the sun isn't beating directly on my "tomatoes", aphids and mites are the worst offenders for me. they like the underside of the leaves too so, I make sure to soak my plants leaves top and bottom. once a week and I'm golden...

also, i've noticed it helps me to plant herbs just to let them flower out. the tiny little flowers of cilantro, basil, parsley, etc... attract parasitic wasps that help keep my bug population in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts