What's new

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blue_tick

looking good coba. looks like she has good frost going on. how's the nose on them is there a big difference between the 2

peace

Asslover

Veteran
Organic soil may have the most petulant, impatient, blinded, vindictive and judgemental subsects there are in the canna growing world. The further you go in those realms the worse the militant echochamber becomes. Now I'm not saying every organic grower is culpable. In fact quite the opposite some of the best, most kindhearted, most skilled growers I know or see come out of this camp as well.. it just gets me how lots of these people will bash science and methodology or data when it doesn't suit their viewpoint but otherwise when they need quantifiable sets of data to back their claims or refute others' then plant science is required... Can't count how many times I've seen the classic fallacy - "natives been growing without x or y for eons!!! Thank god for botanists and plant sciences (heavy Sarcasm)" then turn around and ask for academic links in another post.

^^my two cents on the whole organics forum matter. As you guys can plainly see, I don't care much for militant hippies..

It made modding the Nutes/Ferts forum very interesting...

Coba

Veteran
looking good coba. looks like she has good frost going on. how's the nose on them is there a big difference between the 2

peace

Thanks buddy. The TT#1 smells like funky lime og and one of the a x tt smells bubblegummy sweet with a piney something in there.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
...The TT#1 smells like funky lime og...

i get a kushy lime skittle flavor from the #1 and id assume it came from the DMT side b/c i tasted similar flavors in both, the DMT was more subtle on taste.

maybe the Amnesia will add a bit of lemon flavor in the cross with the TT.

the girls are looking great.

peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also saw the need for diversification of amendments so I bought a bunch of different stuff this year. For years my basic mix utilized blood meal, bone meal, dolomite lime, hardwood ash and EWC.

I've completely eliminated the blood meal (except for top dress) and have added Feather meal, crab meal, kelp meal, steamed bone meal, alfalfa meal, biochar, oyster flour, soft rock phosphates and other rock dusts (Coot's mineral mix) in an attempt to improve flavors and aromas and am working on three different mixes for indicas, sativas and hybrids.

Anything you think I'm missing?

Dry molasses. Sul-Po-Mg or Sulfate of Potash, if you are soil testing and see your Ca:Mg ratios are not ideal. (kelp is expensive, generally) Consider using something guano based (if you aren't against it) in sub part of your blood meal as feather meal really isn't quite as readily available. If you start using an excess of feather, your N levels will slowly be creeping up on you each round you recycle, as it isn't being processed as quickly as it is being applied in our quickened indoor schedules. However, feather meal is a great addition if flowering long sativas - as in 14wk plus plants.

You shouldn't have to make different mixes for different plants. With the roots ultimately controlling the ecosystem via exudates, the plant, will decide when and how much of what becomes available. The beauty of a high CEC soil is nutrient retention. The beauty of raw organic inputs that need biological processing is you are not leaching anything out of the soil as it has yet to be converted to a mobile ionic form.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Dry molasses. Sul-Po-Mg or Sulfate of Potash, if you are soil testing and see your Ca:Mg ratios are not ideal. (kelp is expensive, generally) Consider using something guano based (if you aren't against it) in sub part of your blood meal as feather meal really isn't quite as readily available. If you start using an excess of feather, your N levels will slowly be creeping up on you each round you recycle, as it isn't being processed as quickly as it is being applied in our quickened indoor schedules. However, feather meal are a great addition if flowering long sativas - as in 14wk plus plants.

You shouldn't have to make different mixes for different plants. With the roots ultimately controlling the ecosystem via exudates, the plant, will decide when and how much of what becomes available. The beauty of a high CEC soil is nutrient retention. The beauty of raw organic inputs that need biological processing is you are not leaching anything out of the soil as it has yet to be converted to a mobile ionic form.

dank.Frank

:yes: ,outta rep....good shit DF, :tiphat:

Coba

Veteran
i get a kushy lime skittle flavor from the #1 and id assume it came from the DMT side b/c i tasted similar flavors in both, the DMT was more subtle on taste.

maybe the Amnesia will add a bit of lemon flavor in the cross with the TT.

the girls are looking great.
peace
Thanks brodhi yeah there's a lemon something in the a x tt for sure.
The Amnesia x TT is looking great. How long have they been in flower? Last night was first night of 12/12 for mine. I'll get some pics once they get some flowers and compare.
Thanks RR, they've been flowering probably about a month. Smells like good dope man I think we're in for a treat.

RockinRobot

Thanks brodhi yeah there's a lemon something in the a x tt for sure.

Thanks RR, they've been flowering probably about a month. Smells like good dope man I think we're in for a treat.

Mine should have gone into flower long ago. The 1 Pheno was almost 3 feet tall. I had to supercrop the hell out of it to bend it to the height of the other plants. I put it in the middle of the net and its branches almost reach the edge of the net in all directions. It has lots of shoots on every branch already. I need to get a clone from the second pheno but it still doesn't have any runners long enough.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
You shouldn't have to make different mixes for different plants. With the roots ultimately controlling the ecosystem via exudates, the plant, will decide when and how much of what becomes available. The beauty of a high CEC soil is nutrient retention. The beauty of raw organic inputs that need biological processing is you are not leaching anything out of the soil as it has yet to be converted to a mobile ionic form.dank.Frank

My understanding was more that the plant encourages the microbes that will provide it with the organic matter it wants and needs but if that amendment is not present or not present in the quantity needed that there may be issues related to the ultimate expression of the cultivar

OK that was my understanding of exudates - essentially put it in there, supplement it with microbes via AACT and the plant will figure it out. The best part is that organic matter gets locked in the soil and doesn't leach through the bottom of the pot or into the bays, oceans or aquifer like salt based ferts do. Anybody seen the fish kills from the Okeechobee pump down this year?

Dry molasses. Sul-Po-Mg or Sulfate of Potash, if you are soil testing and see your Ca:Mg ratios are not ideal. (kelp is expensive, generally) Consider using something guano based (if you aren't against it) in sub part of your blood meal as feather meal really isn't quite as readily available. If you start using an excess of feather, your N levels will slowly be creeping up on you each round you recycle, as it isn't being processed as quickly as it is being applied in our quickened indoor schedules. However, feather meal is a great addition if flowering long sativas - as in 14wk plus plants.

Good point on the feather meal DF, I've just started inside after 30+ years outside. Will get on sourcing the other components tomorrow.

:yes: ,outta rep....good shit DF, :tiphat:

Thanks for hangin with us DF!!

Copperfield

Hope everyone had a good Easter!! Everybody's pics are lookin great!!
Purple butters @ 35 days
Banana dawg @ 35 days
picture.php

Jason Voorhees

Coba, do you have those I side a greenhouse or in some sort of greenhouse film? How much do plants that size smell outside. I would love to give some outdoor a try but smell would be an issue for me.

Copperfield

Grats on the harvest buckets.

Copperfield, looking nice at 35, staying nice and lush

Thanks for the rep guys!! Yep, still lookin lush. I hit em w some swell and a p-k boost to get some trick perfection n greasiness...... Some are n cocoa so I'm pretty much tapering down after this week..... I wanna see if I can finish this cocoa out right...... Seems like the maxi bloom has a lot of salts in it...... Just trying to do the best I can ya know!!

I'm putting some strains I've had forever to rest after this round. Gonna start running the TT,forum cut, Corey's stardog, Ortega, and the infamous grape stomper bx..... thanks again Bucky!! I'm gonna b mixing things up for sure on the next round.... I got some big plans..... Lower numbers/ longer vegges.......
On another note.... My crosses w that sour bubble were successful.... I'm pretty stoked!! Coba commander..... I ain't forgot about ya!! U got a pm coming!! i def wanna see what u can do w that bubba bubble!! My space is limited.... Hoping to post some outdoor pics come April/may..... This is where my seeds w come into play!! There's bound to b a few winners outta the bunch!!

Coba

Veteran
Copperfield brutha, PM received and one sent. that bubba bubble sounds fun. Talk to me about those other things man... especially, before you throw anything away.

Jason, they don't smell too bad. I had a 18" bubblegum cross one time stink all the way out to the road. but, these aren't there yet.

Coba

Veteran
forgot to mention that, thanks to ya'lls help in pointing me in the right direction and Tony Green's male reveg thread, my male is full on re-vegged and is starting to grow out nicely.
200x200px-ZC-2f33da20_classic-WWF-WWE-Ric-flair-woo-13815349244.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts