What's new

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh0st9

Veteran
Someone I respect on another site swears on leds for veg.. Claims the node stacking is ridiculous in comparison to t5s but I wouldn't know. I'm stuck in the stone age with 1000w mhs on light movers. T5s are only for preveg in my setup. Looks promising though, if they can get the initial capital cost down, I'd be Willing to buy a few brands and run em side to side with my t5/mh setup as a control. When fiddling round I'd rather plug n play anyways

gh0st9

Veteran
On another note why is loose rockwool cubes aka croutons so damn pricey? I forgot how much I used to spend on hugos... Coco has spoiled me.... 4 Cù ft of bagged coco is the same price as 2 Cù ft of rockwool croutons local to me... Whose got a hookup on that there rockwool? Looking to change a room over I'll need about 3-5 Cù ft at first, maybe more down the line if I like it with my system

To anyone thinking about buying a t-shirt press, don't. It's a waste and only good for pressing dry sift, not buds. To anyone thinking of buying 110 and 200lpi screens for dry sifting, do do it! It's pretty awesome and a great way to get more out of your grow, by sifting your trim and getting the clean results. I thought the kief from the grinder was pretty pure, but it's actually 90% contaminated, learned this from the screens and my 60-100x scope. Got it to where I have just pure heads aka Full Melt :)

Lastly, to anyone thinking of buying an e-nail, do it!!! I just got one and it's life changing.

Copperfield

little show of the purple haze x malawi about 6 weeks to go in the florida sun. i lost one branch of her in the rain and wind a few days ago but really can't tell. looks to be a 1/4 pound from the branch

peace

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Damn dude, I'm seriously impressed w your outdoor!! Isn't it funny how we go places n kinda think to ourselves.... I could stick one there n nobody w know.... Floridas getting so packed now, u can't throw one out anywhere hardly without someone snaking it...., your yield looks promising!! I def wanna see the final pics on that!! Nice work

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Yo buckets, I would be interested n seeing the genetics on that grape stomper fosho!! I'm big on the fruity tasting nuggets!! Hope the best for your trial run...... Sometimes, we just gotta kickem to the gutter, and go get another!!:)

thats gonna take me a tad bit of info....have to touch base with ground.zero,just to double check....but.im sure its the real deal...
:smoker: :good:

Copperfield

Well buckets, it looks like u gonna have your hands full on them new starters.... One things for sure tho.... I can't go wrong w organics.... I dig ya posts homie!! I've got some pics I'll b posting soon!! It's good to finally meet some Florida homeboys on my level!!

Copperfield

On another note why is loose rockwool cubes aka croutons so damn pricey? I forgot how much I used to spend on hugos... Coco has spoiled me.... 4 Cù ft of bagged coco is the same price as 2 Cù ft of rockwool croutons local to me... Whose got a hookup on that there rockwool? Looking to change a room over I'll need about 3-5 Cù ft at first, maybe more down the line if I like it with my system

What I do is get them online... One question I got for u ghost.... I do killer w those baby square cubes, but then I get pumbled when I try the cocoa coir..... This last round made me wanna kick myself in the ass..... Not sure what went wrong...... Are u using organics w the coco?? I'm using the maxi bloom.... Didn't have much time/ money so I tried it out..... I was so pissed.... I chopped everything down this evening..... I think I'm gonna try it one more time, but go back to the pure blend.... Any suggestions as far as better nutes?? Feeding processes?? I'm feeding twice a day for 20 mins.... U seem knowledgable in this area...

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Yo buckets, I would be interested n seeing the genetics on that grape stomper fosho!! I'm big on the fruity tasting nuggets!! Hope the best for your trial run...... Sometimes, we just gotta kickem to the gutter, and go get another!!:)

buckets has Gage Green Genetic's Grape Stomper bx2. that cut of GS bx2 is not sweet at all........all sour.

i cant say of the other expressions from that pack as i didnt grow them out and select but i am running her.

peace

EastCoast710

What I do is get them online... One question I got for u ghost.... I do killer w those baby square cubes, but then I get pumbled when I try the cocoa coir..... This last round made me wanna kick myself in the ass..... Not sure what went wrong...... Are u using organics w the coco?? I'm using the maxi bloom.... Didn't have much time/ money so I tried it out..... I was so pissed.... I chopped everything down this evening..... I think I'm gonna try it one more time, but go back to the pure blend.... Any suggestions as far as better nutes?? Feeding processes?? I'm feeding twice a day for 20 mins.... U seem knowledgable in this area...

canna coco a and b is working amazing for me in veg as of now. everything looks super happy.. growth is taking off .. do another week of veg then into flower they go

bucketswithsoil

buckets has Gage Green Genetic's Grape Stomper bx2. that cut of GS bx2 is not sweet at all........all sour.

i cant say of the other expressions from that pack as i didnt grow them out and select but i am running her.

peace

yeah cheeba, not sweet at all...ALL SOUR...hmmm me like, thks for the input good buddy...i cant wait to give that girl a taste test...gonna be a long 10-14weeks.. :dance013: but im sure she will be worth the wait, again much props on how i acquired these.. :respect: :thank you:

Asslover

Veteran

peace

Are you running the same exact cut of GS BX2 as Buckets? Or a cut that you found in a pack?

Coba

Veteran
To anyone thinking about buying a t-shirt press, don't. It's a waste and only good for pressing dry sift, not buds. To anyone thinking of buying 110 and 200lpi screens for dry sifting, do do it! It's pretty awesome and a great way to get more out of your grow, by sifting your trim and getting the clean results. I thought the kief from the grinder was pretty pure, but it's actually 90% contaminated, learned this from the screens and my 60-100x scope. Got it to where I have just pure heads aka Full Melt :)

Lastly, to anyone thinking of buying an e-nail, do it!!! I just got one and it's life changing.
I keep looking for the thread about pressing buds... I found one that uses a double boiler...

I noticed a lot of people are pressing buds. I've seen pictures of some crazy contraptions... I just can't find the jump off thread.

I keep looking for the thread about pressing buds... I found one that uses a double boiler...

I noticed a lot of people are pressing buds. I've seen pictures of some crazy contraptions... I just can't find the jump off thread.

It's called Rosin Tech. Get yourself a $25 Remington Pink 2" hair straightener, some SILICONE lined parchment paper (it prob won't say it on the box, you'll need to do research, just stay away from Quilon lined paper, which DOES usually say it on the box) and that's it, you can start having your own dabs. In about 30 minutes last night with just my hand pressure I made a half gram of rosin that has 0% solvents and is 100% pure deliciousness. Def not worth pressing and trying to sell, as the return is pretty bad, but as long as you keep your rosin chips (what's left over after pressing), you can still cook with them as they're still loaded up with goodness inside. You could technically smoke them, but meh, that'd taste bad and that's not the point of doing this!

Here's the thread you're looking for: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301794

Just go on youtube and start searchin Rosin Tech. Personally, I think 330F on the straightener and pressing with all my weight for 2-3 seconds gives the best results. Obviously the bud you're starting with is important, don't do it with really old dry stuff and don't do it with really fresh moist stuff, do it with bud that is around 55-65% RH. Anyone interested in more info just ask. Cheers boys.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Are you running the same exact cut of GS BX2 as Buckets? Or a cut that you found in a pack?

yes. i only ran Grape Stomper x Jospeh OG from seed.

i have only flowered her 1 time so my take on flavor is based off that. she is back in flower so ill get another take on taste but i think i remember the smell being sweet mid flower but the smoke was more sour to sour grape.

peace

bucketswithsoil

yes. i only ran Grape Stomper x Jospeh OG from seed.

i have only flowered her 1 time so my take on flavor is based off that. she is back in flower so ill get another take on taste but i think i remember the smell being sweet mid flower but the smoke was more sour to sour grape.

peace

is it some super powerful stuff smoke/potent wise.. :shucks: :chin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts