What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blue_tick

nomad i don't know what light source you use or the size of room you do things in but i had a 6x7 room with 2 600 hps for bloom room with a i think a 3000 btu air conditioner if i remember correct(been a while) i had a blower in to the hoods and one pulling from the other end to discharge from my hoods. when my lights come on it would drop my humidity down to around 50% my temp stayed around 75. the only thing i did with the air conditioner was leave the vent closed about half way. i was growing chemdog, sour diesel, pineapple express, sour wonder and never had a problem at all with mold. the only time i ever had a problem was when i grew in an airoponic set up due to the water chiller in the same room (trashed that bitch in a hurry) due to the heat from it. by the way i never tried to seal a room. all i did was build walls, roof, and door way(out of plastic with a zipper) and it did have a vacuum effect. i could tell in the plastic door way being pulled in.

hope it helps

peace

FLBoy,
Thanks for the in depth answer.
I was asking about 9x9x7 so we are close there. One 1000 light in a cool tube with ambient(85-90) air incoming and the temp on exit was at best 10 degree drop.Pushing air with a big noisey 600CFM fan, hooked up with a variable adjuster or the in duct fan at about 250 CMF. Both seemed to work the same. I have a temp probe 4' from the light in the 6" duct to see temps. My humidity in July and August was 70-80% in the room.
You did not mention air exchange rate. Once every 3-5 mins I heard is good. You did note the room was under negative pressure as the plastic door sucked in.
So how long did it take to cool the air and then at what rate did you exchange it?
I appreciate your help and insight.
TY

B

blue_tick

nomad
i really never made a point to exchange the air rate as i just let the air conditioner (window unit) run on automatic with the vent open and it took care of it. i just had to make sure the filter was kept clean. i had a filter on one end of my fan that push threw the hoods and the other blowing out threw a wall. my room would always maintain the temp but with lights out my humidity would clime maybe 10%. know if you are cooling with a central ac unit then this would make a difference i think. i bought a wood shed 12x16 and built a room inside it and could grow year around with no problems. i put 1/2 inch Styrofoam sheeting on the walls to help insulate it a little. if you are using a window unit for the size of your room i would go to a 5000 btu unit to help maintain the temps

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Thank the sweet baby Jeebus I only do this for a hobby as my last cloning attempt was 0 for 20 or so. Trying again......fresh rooting gel. Need to see some roots so I can get my TT and Glue into flower....dammit my schedule is off right now because of this :bashhead:
picture.php

What do you think was the reason for the failure Unreg? I've been having 10/10 the last 3 times, let me know if you need anything. From the photo it looks far too moist and you got mold or wilting or what?

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Thank the sweet baby Jeebus I only do this for a hobby as my last cloning attempt was 0 for 20 or so. Trying again......fresh rooting gel. Need to see some roots so I can get my TT and Glue into flower....dammit my schedule is off right now because of this :bashhead:
View Image

damn homie, 0-20,we talking shaq free throw percentages...LOL
like i mentioned before,had a bitch of a time trying this last round on a certain lady as well...just dont think she was in top notch shape to cut.from....she bouncing back...

What do you think was the reason for the failure Unreg? I've been having 10/10 the last 3 times, let me know if you need anything. From the photo it looks far too moist and you got mold or wilting or what?

ill,and have kept mine fairly that moist(thats what she said,lol),most the time also,i just use a decent size rubbermaid container(something of that aspect),then cover it with saran/cling wrap,clothes pins to keep cling wrap tight,slice a few cuts in each corner and bang,im good....i would think as long as the peat pellet,rockwool,or what ever the clone is sitting in,as long as thats not technically soaked,...i would think that moisture we are seeing shouldnt be a problem...but then again im far far from pro...sucks for sure when you always pop clones,then all the sudden ya like "hold up,what the fucks going on here"...GL unREG...ROOT YOU BITCHES ROOT...:tiphat: :dance013:

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
hang in there un190, i know you will bounce back...i know ya bummin...
but heck after 2fuck ups,ROYALLY on my end,I finally plucked a harvest,...didnt think it was possible the way i was rolling,FINALLY some fucking real ganja to smoke...BONG HITS COMIN YA WAY UNreg...:friends:

Glad to hear others are in the same situation of being SUPER DRY and waiting months on a harvest to finally have some fresh buds. :)

Here's the first cola I took of the Super Sweet Tooth last night. Trichs are 100% milky after checking the densest parts of the calyx stacks. Hairs are still mostly white, but that seems to be the case in lots of photos as well. Now just a few more weeks of waiting....

picture.php

JaJaJa,
If smart meters were detecting everyone on 12/12 cycles there would likely be news of that on the boards and the industry would invent some way of getting around that. Space heaters and AC units use more than 1000 watts. My bills are lower than my neighbors or of a 1600 SF home in the city.

JaJaJa,
If smart meters were detecting everyone on 12/12 cycles there would likely be news of that on the boards and the industry would invent some way of getting around that. Space heaters and AC units use more than 1000 watts. My bills are lower than my neighbors or of a 1600 SF home in the city.

Also, most people aren't operating grow houses, they're growing in their own houses, so it just blends in. Now if you had a whole house with nothing but lights, say 10+ 1000W's, all on the exact same 12/12, that might get suspicious.

Lastly, the timers have a random function (the good ones) to stagger the on/off daily to help combat this. No not randomly come on, it randomly comes on within 30 mins of the pre-set time. Which should be fine for plants.

B

blue_tick

the only thing i can say nomad is you can run 2 600 for the same as 1 1000 and get better cover from them. as far as a ac unit i can run that cheaper than you are cooling a hole house. set that puppy on auto like you do your central unit and it will not take as long to cool your room as to the hole house. get a generator (big) if you are worried about the power bill. or turn off the water heater during the time it is not needed

peace

B

blue_tick

BUCKETS HELL YA MY MAN ORGANIC NUGS IN THE HOUSE. NOTHING COULD BE FINER

CONGRATES ON THE KILLER LOOKING NUG

ENJOY

CG GOOD LOOKING BROTHER. HOW TALL IS THAT COLA?

The one in the photo is 15". The largest one that I haven't cut yet is 20"! :) Personal best for sure. There are 8 Colas that big, and then tons and tons of smaller 12"-10" ones. I think I'm going to end up with over a bow on this single plant! Not bad for a scrog in a 2.5x2' tent with a custom made CFL reflector :) Of course, I put it in it's new home after the stretch, under 600W HID so that made a huge difference.

Chasing Green,
What models are those timers?

FLboy,
Thanks for your input. I agree 2 600's are better if you need 6'x4' or slightly larger. As for AC in the house I ain't got none. I heat with wood and sleep with my stocking cap on. In fact I wrote a song titled that.

gh0st9

Veteran
Smart meters ain't that big of a deal unless you are consuming conspicuously. Ran out 8k+ lights before...

Status
Not open for further replies.