What's new

flo n gro buckets

Well, your "drain pump" isn't in the rez, so I'm not sure how it would be heating it up. And if it was constantly running, your plants wouldn't get fed...sooooo?

Chances are you either have your pumps plugged into the wrong sockets on the control bucket, or your float valves are fucked up.

i didnt explain well enough -the is a pump in the controller bucket -thats the one that seems to be constantly running -it dosent run all the time only after the fill cycle ends and has drained the water back into the rez-its supposed to shut off after -but in my case dosent

Agent-Smith

i didnt explain well enough -the is a pump in the controller bucket -thats the one that seems to be constantly running -it dosent run all the time only after the fill cycle ends and has drained the water back into the rez-its supposed to shut off after -but in my case dosent

your low level float switch is fubar'd in some way

cyat

Veteran
changed the timer back to 15 min every 2 hrs

waterfarms were topped up with pbp and i made panda film splash gaurds salt was destroying the bottom leaves

gonna change the flo n gro rez tommorow, adding dm gold bloom( in veg room) at 600 ppm
and pool shock

cyat

Veteran
In a effort to get rid of root aphids I went left field and added organic nutes to my res and my farms, huh? yep thats right...

Insect frass as main nutrient, with 5-7 ml a gal pura vida bloom, humic acid, and azos....

after one day res smells great with no film..... plants look happier!

gonna frass the flower room too at next feed :)

gonna also run some 5gal pots of recycled dirt kelp and frass with only water added

Herbophile

I had a similar problem with my cap ebb and grow. What was happening to me was when the drain pump emptied the controller bucket, triggering the bottom float and shutting the pump off, the water in the line would drain back into the controller. This would then trigger the float again and run the pump to empty again. It would cycle like that 10 or so times before it finally stopped.

There are two solutions I found that worked great. The first is to move the controller closer to the reservoir so the the drain and fill lines aren't as long. The second is to install a one way valve on the drain line preventing any water from draining back into the controller. CAP makes a nice check valve.

This might not be your problem but if it is I hope it helps you out.

you were right about that fubared float valve -fixed it by twisting it around a little at a different angle.and wedging some cardboard under the front of the controller bucket-ninja

E

ekomsi

I had a similar problem with my cap ebb and grow. What was happening to me was when the drain pump emptied the controller bucket, triggering the bottom float and shutting the pump off, the water in the line would drain back into the controller. This would then trigger the float again and run the pump to empty again. It would cycle like that 10 or so times before it finally stopped.

There are two solutions I found that worked great. The first is to move the controller closer to the reservoir so the the drain and fill lines aren't as long. The second is to install a one way valve on the drain line preventing any water from draining back into the controller. CAP makes a nice check valve.

This might not be your problem but if it is I hope it helps you out.
Call the manufacturer,
I called CAP and they dent me a check valve for free. The guy said it is standard now a days, but when I bought my ebb n grow it didnt come with it. I run 40+ ebb n grow buckets

Herbophile

Call the manufacturer,
I called CAP and they dent me a check valve for free. The guy said it is standard now a days, but when I bought my ebb n grow it didnt come with it. I run 40+ ebb n grow buckets

Yep, they sent me mine out for free also. I should have mentioned that. :)

I'm glad you got it dialed ninja. Putting the shim under the front of the bucket was my fix also while I was waiting for the check valve to come. It'll work forever but the valve was available so I used it. I only worry about it getting clogged up some day.

One time while I was cleaning things I reinstalled the valve backwards causing my buckets to be full for almost an entire day. Thankfully there was no harm done and the plants didn't seem to really care.

Edit: Another part of the fix to this problem is to locate the drain pump at the rear of the controller instead of the front like the instructions show.

E

ekomsi

Yep, they sent me mine out for free also. I should have mentioned that. :)

One time while I was cleaning things I reinstalled the valve backwards causing my buckets to be full for almost an entire day. Thankfully there was no harm done and the plants didn't seem to really care.

Hah I did that my second grow, dumb stoner mistake I will deff never make again. 7hrs flooded before I realized no good for my plants.

Hah I did that my second grow, dumb stoner mistake I will deff never make again. 7hrs flooded before I realized no good for my plants.

done that before too-i made every mistake with this system there is- it is still a great way to do hydro IMO.
do you guys keep a air stone in your res?

Herbophile

I run a chiller and I pull from the bottom and push it back in from the top creating a waterfall effect. Personally I like to see the water being agitated in some form or other. I think it's more about keeping the water moving rather than adding oxygen as the ebb and flow effect takes care of that.

E

ekomsi

I run a chiller and I pull from the bottom and push it back in from the top creating a waterfall effect. Personally I like to see the water being agitated in some form or other. I think it's more about keeping the water moving rather than adding oxygen as the ebb and flow effect takes care of that.

I add a few airstones to my rez, still after a year not sure if it is necessary.

I also run a chiller in the summer, I like herbophile's philosophy that the rez solution needs to be constantly mixed.