What's new

Flax Seed Meal

afghanica

Is anyone using flax seed meal as an additive? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I actually eat lot of the stuff (it's very healthful), and I'm planning on sticking it into my next grow. And I plan on grinding my own. I can buy seed at my healthfood store cheaper than the stuff they sell at my hydro store.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
afghanica-
Do you have the N-P-K of the flax seed meal? I'm sure you could use it in a grow.
Burn1

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Burn1

Flax seed meal is used as an organic fertilizer and has the N-P-K values of 6-3-2 - some specific products will have slightly different numbers but they're all close.

Most of it comes out of Canada, much of it is organic, and provides an animal-free alternative to animal-based manures.

They sell it as animal feed as well. Not the cheapest source of nitrogen to be sure.

CC

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That may be a great alternative to dried blood for an outdoor grow.
Thanks for that info.
Burn1

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
this is interesting since i have some flax seed sitting in the cupboard not being used. it would make a col boost to my organic soil.

Q: anyone know how much to add per cubic foot?

afghanica

All I've been able to find is the recommendation of a vendor to add "2-3 kg per 10 sq. meters", which is for outdoors.

I'm planning on adding to coco coir, just as a test. I'll probably add it at a rate of 10% - 15%.

Latest posts

Latest posts