What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Just finished making and eating buttermilk sour cream pancakes with whole wheat pastry flour and extra eggs with sides of uncured maple sugar bacon with/for my wife's Mothers' Day brunch, as well as the last of the French Roast and Espresso Roast coffees we'd made earlier.

She indulged only once when I had coke around and didn't care for it, but she's a caffeine MANIAC.

Nope, none of the 3 now-adult children have phoned her yet... Maybe they'll remind themselves later as to what day it is, though my daughter works night shift, so there's at least a partial excuse therein.

Edit: I removed the live tune by this man I'd initially posted and posted this one instead, partly due to superior sound quality.

Last edited:

moose eater

2 of the 3 adult children have phoned their mother. The middle child who phoned first (a couple times to ask about co-signing a loan for him) forgot to wish a Happy Mothers' Day during those calls, but later phoned back to deliver the well-wishes.

The third one (the youngest of the family and a straggler among the 3) has likely heard through the grapevine that his behavior over the last 2-1/2 years has left him a bit distanced, with fewer heart strings here left vulnerable to be tugged at... and scant proceeds to be expected in the wills.

Being an asshole can have that effect sometimes. Though I'm sure he'll have plenty of years ahead of him to learn such things, provided he avoids high risk activities, like his best buddy's father, who was recently showing off in a remote village on the Yukon River, wrecked a snowmobile, destroyed 4 vertebrae, broke 3 ribs (puncturing his lungs with the jagged rib bones), among other injuries, and may never walk again.

Pretending to be 20 years old when you're going on 50 can have consequences. With age comes less efficient bouncing when one hits the ground..... or ice.. Best to learn those sorts of lessons from -others'- mistakes. Or have really good insurance and a single-story home that's wheelchair friendly... or elevators...

Ordered the replacements for the roller-style trailer guide-ons for the boat trailer and the 3-ft. orange plow markers to bolt to the new guide-ons for launching in deeper water or steeper ramps, all to replace the one side I lost on the Alaska Highway between Whitehorse, Yukon Territory and Haines Junction, Yukon Territory last August... The highways seem to impose their own taxes at times. That 'tax' now sits at about $145.

Now it's down to the 'bowl' at the lower end of the property to kill as many aspen saplings as my back/spine will tolerate, utilizing a weed trimmer with a circular blade and a chainsaw.

Last edited:

Boob McNoob

The courage of those in the performing arts far outshines that of many of those who wield political power; societal changes are sometimes slower than we might hope for but the will of the people ultimately rises above the greed of minority rulers.