What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Fitness thread~

slackx

Veteran
Poopy and I are gonna start our 2 week cleanse aided by Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse. I used to sell sports nutrition and vitamins for 4 years...anyone is free to ask me anything.

I love this thread KK...I need to take off like 15 pounds. Poopy.....well......a lil more, he's really tall:)

If theirs one thing I hate...it's a cleanse use to have to do cleanses before fights to sweat down weight...i never tried a 2 week product i always used the rapid cleansers and needless to say just the world cleanse alone is enough to make me run to the bathroom frantically

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I used to time my meals to every 2 hours, about 200 calories. But I lifted weights 4x a week, not light. I let my body fat drop too low a lot and it has some consequences, plus I was always tired and eventually was overtraining. When I got down to 9-11% body fat, I was getting sort of sick and it wasn't worth it anymore. I won't ever train that hard or diet like that again.....that's for sure.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
You should already be getting all your daily vitamin needs from your diet. Fish Oil is the only suppliment worth taking. But whats this non-sense about a healthy diet causeing constipation?! If you are eating fruits and/or vegetables and/or whole grains with every meal, you will NEVER become constipated!

I'm sorry if I am coming off as disprespectful, but this is terrible advice!

Foods that are AWEFUL for you include:
-Excessive Sodium
-Excessive saturated fat
-ANY sugar!(except from fruit)
-Bleached white flour(this is whats probably causing your constipation!)

All of these things are found in most fast food.

Fish oil(Omega 3 fatty acids) is not for constipation! But it does improve heart health, regulates cholesterol, supports a good mood, and improves your skin. Since fish is a premium protein(and protein increased your metabolic rate) the ideal way to get your fish oil is not to take a pill, but eat a serving of fish everyday.

A healthy diet rich in fibrous foods like vegetables, fruit, and whole grains is going to prevent any type of constipation, ever.

If you can exercise everyday and learn what healthy diet actually consists of, you will get vastly superior results to people who pop a pill. Most suppliments are total bullshit. Diet and exercise are THE ONLY WAY!

Respect to the exercisers!

smart guy, right here! basically cut anything out you eat, that is white.....

i was going to mention the constipation thing. i have ate nothing but "clean " food for almost 10 months now, constipation is impossible to get.......

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
We should have at least 50g of protein everyday. Organic peanut butter works, so does lean meats, as well as other nuts, fish, and beans.

It is always best to make lunch your biggest meal of the day. Breakfast and supper should be smaller, with small snacks in between.

It's also good to get rid of high calorie drinks and start drinking water instead.

It's always easier to lose those first 5-10 lbs, depending on your weight/height and BMI. For those who need to lose more than 100 lbs, the first 25-50 is always the easiest to lose.

It is also recommended to exercise more so when you are menstruating.

Go to bed early! Staying up will more than likely make you snack, since people generally get hungry at midnight (hence "midnight snack").

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
I used to time my meals to every 2 hours, about 200 calories. But I lifted weights 4x a week, not light. I let my body fat drop too low a lot and it has some consequences, plus I was always tired and eventually was overtraining. When I got down to 9-11% body fat, I was getting sort of sick and it wasn't worth it anymore. I won't ever train that hard or diet like that again.....that's for sure.

I do this, but eat 750 cal/meal.

To avoid over-training, you can take a week off every fourth week, but you have to keep eating if you want to keep the lean mass.

slackx

Veteran
My advice is realistic to what people can and actually will do just to start...this isn't the hey lets get ripped thread..please keep advice positive

A very healthy diet does cause constipation...theirs a lot of nuts and other things in most natural foods that tend to clog the body up.

Flatseed oil helps a bit more with constipation than fish oil you are right, but none the less it does help.

and I agree, eating correctly and vigorous working out does work best. Everyone likes an edge tho!

slackx

Veteran
I do this, but eat 750 cal/meal.

To avoid over-training, you can take a week off every fourth week, but you have to keep eating if you want to keep the lean mass.

My personal experience is 6 weeks than a week off gives best results with most programs. Also remember getting into shape the first two weeks are very rough you will be sore you will hate it...It will be worth it.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
A very healthy diet does cause constipation...theirs a lot of nuts and other things in most natural foods that tend to clog the body up.

Flatseed oil helps a bit more with constipation than fish oil you are right, but none the less it does help.

Regular constipation is caused by lack of dietary fiber. There is no fiber in flaxseed oil or fishoil.

Try eating your vegtables, man!

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
This is a subject I am zealous about, so I think I'm going to dip out to avoid pissing anyone off.

Good luck with your fitness goals, everyone.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
white is wrong...squirrels are smart enough to choose wheat over white in my yard....

I am partial to the bike, as a fat burning torch I have never seen anything like last season. In just a couple months I went from 190 and reasonable fitness level to 165 what I would consider a high level of fitness. I watch professional cyclists same way as teenage girls look at runway models. Those boys are pure cardio machines.

nine ten years ago I weighed 250, started walking, cut fat out of my diet cheese mayo as well as all soda.....then i started to jog and get back into hiking...but again, the bike is what did it.

i am doing my first triathlon this june, I will be doing an olympic distance triathlon in August. By June I should be about 160.

I do bong hits everyday.

peace
jip

M

MrsEvlme2

I have to agree with Foco.

A healthy diet consists of enough fruits and vegetables to poop regularly. If you are eating a lot of nuts you should not be constipated.

Little things make a big difference. Put down the soda. I also agree that anything white is really not good for you.

The 2 exercise/diet programs that I've done that I saw good results was Body for Life and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

I was gonna start working out tomorrow, I swear. But, I think I broke my toe. It's killing me. I'm gonna go smoke and try not to think about the pain. I made some cannaoil. Will it help if I rub that on my broken toe?

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I salute all the folks with a plan, it is good to have a plan. We all have different health levels and goals and can learn from each other. Like I learned to eat a small amount of fiber one cereal with my honey oats, and my whole life and process got better. Those of us that have rehabbed from head on and whip lash accidents Can not do some stuff, but we can find out what does work. In many diets over decades, I have learned that a 1200 calorie diet is sustainable and will work for me, your results may vary. My total diet life time weight loss is over 350 lbs. hehe. Keeps coming back.

So my plan starts monday 3/1, and runs for six months with a goal of losing 40 lbs. I get 1200 caloeirs per day, all the tea and water I want, and an increase in both daily walking and a gentle exersize routine, still working on that, mostly stretching.

Does anybody know of a low cal peanut butter, or tasty low cal alternative?
H

G

GOOROO

Breakfast
oatmeal w fresh blueberries and a glass of oj

3mile run-1.5 mile run up mountain hiking trail covered in snow and back

chicken and salad wrap for lunch
then went to the sauna for an hour and I am sore.
just smoking my first bowl of today. oh nvm its tomorrow now.

M

MrsEvlme2

I use to go running and on the run back home I'd stop at the store and get a pack of cigarettes and dutches. I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but there's nothing like a good smoke after a good work out. I don't have a sauna so I turn the shower on really hot to get some steam going.lol
Yup, the toe is definitely broken. I can't move it, I can barely walk. Wish I had insurance so I could go get it fix. How long do you think it takes to heal? I don't have much time before the vacation. How the hell am I suppose to exercise? Usually if I'm not gonna work out I just don't really eat anything. But, I can only do that for a day or too, before I get weak and dizzy and have to eat. Not that I'm recommending starvation, but if I had a reunion or something I would definitely be on the liquid diet a day or 2 before. The weight doesn't stay off, but you lose the bloating for a couple of days.
Off to smoke the pain away.
Have a great day and get off your asses and exercise. :biggrin:

slackx

Veteran
I use to go running and on the run back home I'd stop at the store and get a pack of cigarettes and dutches. I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but there's nothing like a good smoke after a good work out. I don't have a sauna so I turn the shower on really hot to get some steam going.lol
Yup, the toe is definitely broken. I can't move it, I can barely walk. Wish I had insurance so I could go get it fix. How long do you think it takes to heal? I don't have much time before the vacation. How the hell am I suppose to exercise? Usually if I'm not gonna work out I just don't really eat anything. But, I can only do that for a day or too, before I get weak and dizzy and have to eat. Not that I'm recommending starvation, but if I had a reunion or something I would definitely be on the liquid diet a day or 2 before. The weight doesn't stay off, but you lose the bloating for a couple of days.
Off to smoke the pain away.
Have a great day and get off your asses and exercise. :biggrin:

I'd honestly just goto the hospital and get your toe checked out toes may not seem that important to you but thats your balance and walking on the top of your feet. they'll send you a bill than send you to collection where you can make payments.

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
Just checking in with you ladies & gents. I seem to have lost 1.5 pounds overnight lol

T

TrichyTrichy

that's great kk!
gotta find a customized plan that will allow me to include those coffee non-dairy creamer filled with sugar. :eek:)