What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fishing in Scotland

anyone like to do a bit fishing around our amazing country?
im a big fan of loch tay & kenmore myself,a truely beautfull place especially with a nice bag of weed to enjoy it with :abduct:

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
some of the best fishing in the world to had in Scotland...the last river i fished when i was there was the spay....way up north in a logg cabin with the spay righ outside the porch....aaaaaaaaa thats the life
am sure the world champioship was held the a month or 2 ago..that must say something......any fishermen in the world have to head to Scotland to fish at least once in the life.... saying that go once and i bet you go again lol

keep it green
highlander

fish_head

Thats all a myth :yoinks: the fishings really bad as we don't get much water :yeahthats All that nonsense about amazing fantastick...out of this world salmon fishings a big fat fib! They are now reared in cages and live in cages :wallbash:
The sea fishings pretty dire too, sure we do have huge common skate 200lbs plus and blue n porgy fishing but it only lasts a few months :woohoo: like the wild salmon!
With ferrox trout to 30lbs and pike in the same fighting weight and char brown trout and greyling @ 2lbs plus it can get really boring :laughing:

some of the best fishing in the world to had in Scotland...the last river i fished when i was there was the spay....way up north in a logg cabin with the spay righ outside the porch....aaaaaaaaa thats the life
am sure the world champioship was held the a month or 2 ago..that must say something......any fishermen in the world have to head to Scotland to fish at least once in the life.... saying that go once and i bet you go again lol

keep it green
highlander
sound like a nice patch mate,there is some great fishing there i hear but never fished it myself, if u are ever at loch tay then i would suggest the kenmore hotel on the bank of the river tay,it has a poem writen by robert burns writen on the wall! & the food there is awsome.
http://www.kenmorehotel.co.uk/

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
sound like a nice patch mate,there is some great fishing there i hear but never fished it myself, if u are ever at loch tay then i would suggest the kenmore hotel on the bank of the river tay,it has a poem writen by robert burns writen on the wall! & the food there is awsome.
http://www.kenmorehotel.co.uk/

ive been there to :muahaha:...........ive not picked up a rod in 7/8 year since my kid was born....but i did find growing :woohoo:

keep it green
highlander

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
Loch Erin is a good place to fish
I regularly go up there with some friends for weekend fishing trips
years ago we used to fish loch Awe when it was good but we renamed it lock f***awe as its not been overfished to death

I also have a small river (its a tributry of the clyde) that has wild brown trout up to about 3lbs in it
not easy to fish it as you need to know the river but as I was brought up with it on my doorstep
I know it like the back of my hand and know where and when to fish it and generally do well
though I always fish it catch and release as I want to keep the breeding stock up as the river is still recovering from poloution
from an industrial site a few miles up stream that has a habit of pumping shit into the river on a regular basis
and killing a lot of fish

The first time i went fishing, I was looking at the sky.
Then the sun went all ablur and the thunder clouds rolled by.
The Lake began to shiver and the wind began to moan.It must have been a sign for me to leave the Loch alone. The Rain fell down for days and nights it must have been 20 below out there awash in a sea of confusion.
Waking up, after consuming half a dozen of Grandma`s favourite brownie mixture and trying to make sense of the dreams you see is it at best a poor attempt.

The Sun rising in the Sky, sleeping village clouds roll by. Leaves are blowing in the breeze,Peace of mind feel at ease.
Home of the Rainbow Trout.

There`s a feeling running through my bones saying go back Home!

Loch Erin is a good place to fish
I regularly go up there with some friends for weekend fishing trips
years ago we used to fish loch Awe when it was good but we renamed it lock f***awe as its not been overfished to death

I also have a small river (its a tributry of the clyde) that has wild brown trout up to about 3lbs in it
not easy to fish it as you need to know the river but as I was brought up with it on my doorstep
I know it like the back of my hand and know where and when to fish it and generally do well
though I always fish it catch and release as I want to keep the breeding stock up as the river is still recovering from poloution
from an industrial site a few miles up stream that has a habit of pumping shit into the river on a regular basis
and killing a lot of fish
LOL LOCH FUCK AWE!!! LOL NICE ONE!
i used to fish there alot when i was a kid, there are some nice spots there for camping aswell but dont know how its been fishing.

Smiler

ive been there to :muahaha:...........ive not picked up a rod in 7/8 year since my kid was born....but i did find growing :woohoo:

keep it green
highlander

Great area for fishing and climbing, round Rannoch and the rivers are good too, use a dark fly. All best done with a big spliff.

B

Blue

Never been to Scotland fishing strange really as I have been fishing for years (course) but moved to ireland & I fish the Corrib on a weekly basis for Trout & pike I also troll for ferrox.....

I might be having a ression holiday this year so I might pack up my travel rod & golf clubs & head to Scotland!!! any one suggest a nice place to start bear in mind I will have her indoors with me so there will need to be some element of entertainment for her....

secret21

Sure do i enjoy fishing but dont have anywhere near as much time as i used to, spent a lot of time at Loch Earn as a youngster fishing fi boats and off the shore great place cracking scenery and decent fishing.

I must admit tho i can be a lazy bassa and stick the fly rod away and just build a fire and launch a bubble float in, then sit back have a can, a spliff and a good blether more often than not about fitbaw:)

Edit: Blue theres some good golf round about Loch Earn, theres a 9 holer with some great views at one end of the loch then several decent courses within a 20 minute drive.

Last edited:
B

baldyhippy

Back in the days of my long wavey hair I fished the white cart in castlemilk..some nice wild brownies just down from the waterfall,

another place I used to visit was the river kelvin in kirkintilloch some nice trout outta there aswell.

Theres the canal there aswell..were a 34lb carp come out only last week..ohh the memories of home.

Baldy.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stayed on Loch Awe before,,, very nice quite water,,, peaceful,, nice small wild brown trout,, caught on small orange flies and whisky bought at Oban (good fishing info. in the main street shop :yes: thanks ) :D

edit: i fogot.. "up the jocks" ... as we say in england.. love ya all :friends:

Mr Mojo Risin

Aye we have some great fishing up here. I fish mostly in the sea now but still wet a line for an odd salmon and do a fair bit of piking in the winter..

Theres so many different species and places to fish we really are spoilt for choice. We've even stocked some of our lochs with carp to keep our english neighbours happy when they come up on holiday haha.

For me, the best places to fish up here are the sea lochs. Etive, Sunart, Leven, Loch Ryan etc etc as the scenery cant be beat anywhere in the uk, and as a bonus the fishing is shit hot too! In the south west theres some great pike fishing and the bass, tope, and pollock fishing can be some of the best in the uk. I love this country, if only we had some good weather from time to time it would make it so much more comfortable!

Am fae doon Rabbie Burns neck of the wids by ra way. Anyone else doon here?

I bet theres loads of us met at some point already without realising. Ive fished pretty much fished all over Scotland over the years and lets face it, most of the stoners like to fish close to their cars so we all end up at the same places! :D

Be good to get a stoners meet somewhere down the line at a random spot. Maybe a wee competition with an oz for a prize or something could be fun.

Whats yer biggest fish up here then lads? Ive had several 20lb+ pike and a 30+ what made a 24lber look like a minnow. Ive had salmon to 21lb, congers over 20, spurdogs to over 10lb, double figure pollock and a 5lb wild brownie. Pretty good fishing in my book! All i need is a big bass and a big cod and i'll be happy (to be fair i dont really target either of em specifically)

fished the river cart as a kid fuura brownies ,moved onto barrhead dams piking and roach/perch ,then trips away to vennachar bigger piking ,now latest is trips down to ribble in england for the barbel and the pesky 5lb chub lol
still get out every week around glasgow love ma fishin )

R

rock solid

fished st abbs and craster loads of times with some canny results :wave: