What's new

Fisher's Farm

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
RW- thanks brother, and yes so far I'm pleased at how things are progressing. Need to get a comfrey garden going. Maybe I can have it ready for next year.

Rez-cheers, and thanks for sayin hey. That strawD of your's out there is really starting to boost. Gonna be a fat ass bush I'm feelin...and good tip there. My brother has a few autocockers, maybe I can talk him into letting me use one for a lil sumpthin sumpthin in the end...;)

N-heh yeah the camp is really not too bad. Having roughed it a little can make you a bit more well-rounded I think. So much of everything I've done out here has been a 'custom' job. Have had to use my noggin more than once in order to make things work :)

Thank you babba, I'm stoked to have your support and I'm glad to share. I know I was inspired to do this by seeing some great gardens (including yours) here on the boards. Hoping to maybe inspire some myself and contribute to OVERGROWING the world :)

I've really noticed things start to take off here recently, especially after this latest round of deep watering. It really is so important to soak em well. Guess I kinda missed a chemD though the other day when it was way hot. Came back after a short run to town and she was lookin crispy. And not in a good way. Thought she might pull through but nope. In the compost pile now, I replaced her with a small massachusettes super skunk. Lesson learned, won't make that mistake again.

Nice private Gathering, I just love wondering around looking for food!

Will capsicum oleoresin burn plants, if it is sprayed on them to keep critters off? I don't think it would be nice to spray, without some sort of nice perfume puff thing and a gas mask.

Awesome- inspiring garden Fisher!
I dream of growing giant plants legit.
thanks for sharing and good luck-
K+
extraordinary efforts produce extraordinary results.
Peace.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
H2L- thanks man, I'm hoping the skunk doesn't dissapoint either. BUT it's from shadyside, I mean Harborside and you never know what you're gonna get with their babies...don't know why I even went

BD-umm thank you :)

Joc-hey man, right on, I talked about my nutes in the opening post. But again, it's all organic, dry nutes in compost based soil mix with supplements here and there on some with age old grow. Also play around with some Peaceful Valley stuff like brix mix and their Omega line, liquid fish/kelp foilars and lots of compost tea.

Climbin-thanks a lot bro and like I said, I'd love for this to inspire :) sure hoping for some good results

Smokin on a lil OG/mendo purps and hoping the one out in the garden ends up nice. It's a squat little indica bush, but might still produce OK. One of only four real indica plants I've got, along with the PMB, trinity, and burkle...headstash goodies for sure ;)

nomaad

Veteran
What kind of tents are those? I'm going to set something like that up for the new helper. Do they keep the nasties out with no floor? The ones that have floors are pretty expensive.

RESINvention

Whats up fisher? I like your campsite, lemme know if you're having people over to burn some smores, or just burn :D I wish ya a great season filled with dense flowers, hopefully you'll get that roof over your head soon! Later bro!

DonBong

:rasta::yes: AWESOME grow Fisher! what a monsters u got out there. Also very nice strains:yummy:

:respect: for all the work and commitment u put into this grow. :joint:

Finland is following your thread with great interest.

Keep on rockin'

peace

:smoweed:

nomaad

Veteran
Hey mang. Are you planning taking clones from these ladies or do you have easy access to reload on the genetics? I figure that now is a good time to start vegging moms for the winter throwdown.

I still have captain badvibes's script and now that I have a new helper I am going to get him a script too. So technically, I could have 12 more plants in veg.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
N- They are Coleman 'Geosport' screenrooms. $160 on amazon...I don't even have them staked down and they've stayed put under some pretty good winds. Bees/flying insects kinda flock to the inside walls, but it's not horrible. And they probably enter through the doors I generally leave open...

Would love to keep a mother cab runnin here, but unfortunately that'd make me illegal and would be a ton of genny time. After harvest I might be ok with running it...Re-uping isn't too big of deal, that's probably what I'll end up doing. Sure nice having friends deep in the clone game...

Resin-thanks for stoppin by and for the good words! I'll keep ya posted on the burn...;)

H^20- :)

Paddi, I appreciate the good words, especially coming from a pro such as yourself. Cheers!

DonBong- thanks man, they can't seem to help but grow big...I'm just here to keep the peace :)

So happy forth yall...won't be lighting off anything here but maybe some more of that OG Mendo and probably some bubble ;)

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Well it's keeping the moms in veg throughout the upcoming flowering months that I'd have to use the genny every night. I actually took some cuts a few weeks ago, would be nice to dump em on someone to mother out for me.

And thanks for the link, looks like I got some reading to do. Lifehacker....hah classic. Would be nice to get it teathered, then I could upload pics from out here.

Was just about to hit everything up with brix mix foliar, but my cheap ass sprayer broke. Anyone use a concrete sprayer? I've heard they can handle small particles, like an unfiltered CT. Also, those Solo backpack sprayers look good. Tarp time...

nomaad

Veteran
No worries. I am working on finding a place for my own moms too. With this extra script, I could have 12. There is a possibility of another script coming my way and when my dep comes down, my partners from the cloudforest will be here and I will have 2-3 more scripts to work with once they see good ol doc hopkins.

I am dealing with sprayer bullshit as well. My homegirl who is doing a sizable grow went into a shop and basically bought one of every sprayer under 35$. She is not happy with any of them. I iwll ask her is she has tried the Solo.

I use an 8$ Round-up sprayer (never had roundup in it) from Wally World. When I am spraying, I carry a length of garden twist tie in a belt loop with one of the ends stripped to about an inch. When I get a clog, I remove the little blue inner cap that is always the clogged part. I insert the bare wire into the top of the blue cap and pull thru until some of the green coating on the twist tie pulls thru. It does a pretty good job... But having to do it 15 times for 36 plants is a total pain in the ass.

Oh... I also have broken two of these sprayers already. Eventually, the pump handle cracks. I just return it to Wally World for a new one. I just had an idea..! I am going to start keeping the blue caps from the sprayers I return. They will never know this as they do not inspect my returns. I'll just keep a couple in my pocket and instead of clearing the clog, i will just replace it with a freshy and move on. I can drop the clogged ones on my helper to clear out.

I am going to look into this cement sprayer idea, though. Any idea of brands or web pages I might look at.

I am a wizz with the technology... I'm going to start playing around with my friend's iPhone. He wants to do the same thing, but is afraid to jailbreak his phone. Pussy. I'm going to do it for him next time he comes over, so I will let you know if there are any tricks to it.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a pump up "deck sprayer" for any outdoor spraying. Actually even use it indoors. Has a wand with a bend in it makes it easy to get under leaves. :)

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
backpack sprayers are the way to go, especially if you know you're gonna need more than 2 gallons of spray mix. 80-100 seems like a lot for a sprayer, but you'll understand why after the first use. the side pump creates a heck of a lot more pressure in one stroke than those rolling or up-and-down handle pumps. the wand is also of a much higher quality.
best low-tech grow toy I ever bought, hands down.

nomaad

Veteran
backpack sprayers are the way to go, especially if you know you're gonna need more than 2 gallons of spray mix. 80-100 seems like a lot for a sprayer, but you'll understand why after the first use. the side pump creates a heck of a lot more pressure in one stroke than those rolling or up-and-down handle pumps. the wand is also of a much higher quality.
best low-tech grow toy I ever bought, hands down.

Does it clog? If it does, how often and how long does it take to clear them. What brand do you use?