What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Time Out

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
they are under HPS? man I'm a bit out of it tonight... then 22 inches, mate I'm sure its too close for seedlings (3 feet more like)

:smile:

Hey guys. Naw guys I have them under MH for now.They are still currently in veg. So you think I should move the light back up? Do you think some lil pc fans from radio shack would help me for a couple of weeks? Thanks in advance guys.
Oh what do you guys think about the organic slurry I'm concocting? How should I apply? Every watering or EOW? It's got 5 tbs of molasses, 5 tbs of liquid karma, & 1 cupful of EWC in a stocking soaking in water thats been bubbling for two days to get the cholrine out of it. Thanks again....................PEACE

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Hey guys. Naw guys I have them under MH for now.They are still currently in veg. So you think I should move the light back up? Do you think some lil pc fans from radio shack would help me for a couple of weeks? Thanks in advance guys.
Well, MH is better than HPS for reducing stretch, but they'll still get spindly as hell considering your temps. PC fans aren't so useful for cooling in a space as large as yours, they're better suited for stirring the air and preventing mold and such during flowering. You can cool a microgrow with PC fans, but that's because the volume of air they are responsible for replacing is much less than say an XL sized tent.

Your slurry sounds okay, but I can't tell you for sure as I don't grow organically. That'd be a question for the organics forum crew...

Thanks pan............

edit....Actually all of them are starting to show signs of new growth except the mazar. But I'm not giving up. it has gotten colder here where I am, so I left the heat unit off since noone was here & my temps dropped to 82, with one of the flaps up. So I will keep this up until I can get my fan/filter combo.

Minor Update

Minor Update

Hey all, sorry for no updates lately but there has been no real significant changes. I upotted my mutant a couple of days ago. & It's starting to work on it's 2nd & 3rd sets of leaves already.

The mazar is finally starting to show some signs of coming back this way. So is #2 BS. Plus I have put three more BS in germination. I will start with the afghani or white widow when I get my fan in a couple of weeks. I have some organic tea brewing now. I have been tempted to water today since the tea has really started to foam up. But like I've been told I am going to try & be patient for a day or two more. The 5" containers have gotten a lil lighter since Sunday when I last watered them.

No pics as of right now but I will be dropping some when I see a lil more growth after I hit them with this "tea". I was wondering in addition to the LK, Molasses, & EWC; could I add some PBP Grow to the tea for a lil more N? Or should I just roll with what I got? Any answers or comments forw you OG's out there would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. Sorry for the long absence, but I've been trying to figure out why I'm not getting any growth lately. & I think I've figured it out. I wasn't feeding them any nutes just "plain water". You know molasses, LK, & EWC in bubbled water. It helped but there still was no real growth. Well I've been reading & I've come to the realization that that was not enough. So I "feed" them 1 tsp of PBP Grow, 1 tsp of LK, & 1 tbsp of molasses per 1 gallon of purified water Thursday. Today makes Day 28 or 4 wks of veg growth & they are just starting to add more nodes. That is why I'm glad I started with bagseed & my mazar freebies. I will have pics later on tonight after I get off of work later. So stay tuned as I will continue on my way until I get it right. Thanks again for stopping by & checking on me fellows. PEACE

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
So stay tuned as I will continue on my way until I get it right. Thanks again for stopping by & checking on me fellows. PEACE
Glad to hear you're getting it figured out. Though your plants may be a little undersized at the moment, after a few feedings they'll put out a considerable amount of growth. The other upside is that you will have very mature plants when you are ready to flip to 12/12, so they'll show sex quickly.

Good luck.

Thanks Pan glad to have you still hanging out. They are actually starting to put out more & more nodes now. I'm xcited again. Sorry I didn't post the pics like I said I was going to do, was tired when I got off work yesterday. I will put up more of an effort today tho for sure. Thanks again, PEACE.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Thanks Pan glad to have you still hanging out. They are actually starting to put out more & more nodes now. I'm xcited again. Sorry I didn't post the pics like I said I was going to do, was tired when I got off work yesterday. I will put up more of an effort today tho for sure. Thanks again, PEACE.

It's all good.

Hey pan a quick question for you, when should I feed? I have gotten xcited again so I don't want to overdo it cause of that? Every other watering or what?

Finally Pics!!!!

Finally Pics!!!!

Pan you were right they are really starting to put out. So without further ado....
BS#1 @ Day 29

BS#2 @ Day 29

BS#3 @ Day 29...This one is still pretty short but finally growing

BS#4 @ Day 29...This one still doesn't have roots in the bottom of the cup yet. Checked it 5 days ago & nothing, but it continues to grow. I'm wondering if that STG cube is holding the water that I feed them moreso than I believe.

BS#5 @ Day 4....My backup plan with more to come hopefully. Now that I understand what I'm doing. Stretched like hell when I put it under the MH.

Mazar @ Day 29

So here they are everyone. Sorry for the suckie pics. Should I feed every other watering or what? Being that they are lil behind, I don't want to put them under anymore stress than already encountered. All input negative & positive is read & accepted. PEACE

JamieShoes

Veteran
well mate it looks like you've cracked it and they're growing. I see the 4 day old bag seed is already set to outgrow the first ones :smile:.

I think the set back in growth goes back to the beginning when setting up the tent the first time mate and trying to get the temps just right. Once they get stunted in the early days, I think its harder for them to recover - I had the same trouble with my first seedling a white widow, who never really got as big as she should've (I'm still flowering her though :wink: ).

I wanted to ask you about your water pH.. Ive been looking but cant see it anywhere. Are you able to check it? One issue that can arise is that without the correct pH level, the plant is unable to take up the nutes, even though they're present.... a bit like looking through a diner window when you're hungry..anyway, it's one thing worth looking into. You can get "drops" or paper tests at most big pet stores pretty cheap.

one other thing I wanted to suggest is trying a pre fed soil from the local garden center. I use some and I've never fed it, only watered and the plants seem to love it (careful though a lot of "universal potting soils" can have a lot of manure/guano and be a bit rich) mine says "doesnt need feeding until up to 8 weeks"... well they get repotted before that and new soil... so....

well enough of me trying to sound like I know what the hell I'm talking about..lol.. the main thing is that whatever issues you had before you're dealing with them and learning from them. I think you're finding your way ok just like I am, it doesnt always work right off the bat, but we gotta keep swinging if we're gonna hit some out of the park :smile:

"happy growing", Bro
j

Hey jamie, thanks for continuing to check in. I dont have a ph tester as yet. I do believe that is part of problem tho. I've switched to distilled water from my local grocery for my flush/feed water. Not sure what ph it is. But I a ph tester is on the list & soon.

And as for the soil, I use Root Organics coco soil, which is lightly amended with guano & ewc. That is why I starved them right off the bat like that, fearing that I would overfeed. But I think I have it a lil figured out. I'm in a learning curve rite now. The new bagseed is already just as tall & spitting out nodes. Just feed it, lightly of course, yesterday. So I will see how that goes.

This baby here is starting to stink & she is also greener than all the rest.

JamieShoes

Veteran
looking good FT :smile:.. like I was saying, I think you've cracked it..with a new seedling showing plenty of willing, you know now that you've made some good changes (that water is probably helping, eh)...

HAPPY GROWING!
j

edit - hey its a funny thing cuz they all tell us "newbie mistake number one - don't overfeed". I nearly starved all mine trying desperately not to overfeed them doh!

what they never said was "newbie mistake number 2 is dont starve them whilst folloing rule number 1..hehehe

apparently I must spread around more reputation before giving it to FT76 agan... que sera :wink:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Grow on FirstTimer76, I'm there with ya buddy. We're definately in the best place to learn - with guys like panopticist hanging around we can't help but improve our growing!

"newbie mistake number one - don't overfeed".
"newbie mistake number 2 is dont starve them whilst folloing rule number 1..hehehe

LoL you're not wrong, I've properly starved one of mine for fear of overfeeding!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Glad to see you're getting the hang of it, FT76...

The hardest part about starting to grow is learning how to read your plant. You just have to see how it's responding to your setup, feeding, etc. It's not something that can be easily explained in words; you have to experience it to know.

You're getting there. Don't sweat your mistakes. Learning is a process...

Latest posts

Latest posts