What's new

First time grow 400w scrog

I also trimmed some fan leaves from some of the sites to let more light get to the lower sites. I am confused on this, I have seen some people strip there whole plant of all fan leaves and some people say don't touch anything, Anyone have any comments?

The plant that hermied looks sad. Alot of the pistols have turned orange and the plant in general looks like it is on its way out, except for the main cola. I am going to let it go and see what happens. I will get you all some picture tommorrow night.

Good growing all and stay high.

Trimming Fans leaves is definitely a good thing just don't over due it. Only cut out the ones that are really keeping lower buds from getting light, light does filter through the leave as well so you don't have to go off on this. Just give it time also as the buds get bigger you will see where you need to open up. Also be carefull with that hermie it could pollinate your whole crop. That could be good if it only pollinated a little. Maybe get her out of there? Looks good though man. The grow is beautiful. Bless

Last edited:

Asil

Day 42 of 12/12

Day 42 of 12/12

Trimming Fans leaves is definitely a good thing just don't over due it. Only cut out the ones that are really keeping lower buds from getting light, light does filter through the leave as well so you don't have to go off on this. Just give it time also as the buds get bigger you will see where you need to open up. Also be carefully with that hermie it could pollinate your whole crop. That could be good if it only pollinated a little. Maybe get her out of there? Looks good though man. The grow is beautiful. Bless
Hey man thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow. I try to only remove the fans that are blocking lower sites.

I thought you all would enjoy some new picture from my shed grow. Things are looking good in there and I should be switching out the light from the 400 to the 600 this weekend. Thinking of using some kind of bulking agent any suggestions. Was looking at chi Ching or Bloombastic.

Ok on with the show. The two back plants are lower and are further along then the front ones. The one in the front that hermied pretty much is pollinated I believe here is a pic of it. I believe the it is pretty well pollinated. There is no new swelling and looks like seeds are being developed at all the places there where hairs.
picture.php

Now on with the show. Here is a group shot.
picture.php

And finally some single shots. This first bud is like 13" long and has not even begone to develop yet. This plant is also the largest and the furthest behind the others.

picture.php

These are not as purple as the pictures make them out to be but they are dark.
picture.php

picture.php

Finally here is my NYCD x C99 clone that has been under 12/12 for 6 days now.
picture.php

This is so much fun. I can't wait to taste my little treats. :joint:The 600w ought to pack on the weight I hope.

Here is a question when they where in veg the fan leaves look a lot like indica and now in flower they are looking like satvia. :yoinks:I am going to harvest by trichomes but I am trying to judge when to start my flush. I think I read you shouldn't count the first two weeks of 12/12 as flowering so these ladies would only be 28 day into flowering. Should I look at about 8 weeks and start checking for flush about two weeks from now? Well that is enough for now. I will have allot of pictures of my new indoor cabinet and areo unit up this week end. Also I snagged a areoflo2 60 site from my buddy at the Hydro store for 300$:woohoo:. I have no room for it but I saved 900$ and put it in storage. You all have a good one.:joint:

Well, went out and check res, 73.7f and P.h.6.0, Also check two buckets and Ph 6.0 temp 73.3. So they temps are coming down. I have to raise the res up about 2" so I can have room for ice bottles. So I will probally lose 1.5 gallons of nutes. But anyway here are the pic's.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I also got my screen done and 8 site ez-cloner. It will be more then plenty.

Air temp 79.7
RH 55%
Res temp 73.7
Ph 6.0
1/2 strength 0-8-16 Lucas
Fresh R.O Water 20 gallons

Love the Kitty Litter buckets. :) I knew someone would use these one day, and I was waiting to see how it could all come together. Now that I see whatt you have done, I am sold. Happy the GF keeps these around the house now for sure.....

Standaman

Hey mate everything seem's well tight Asil i gotta say! Nice purple colouring on the way too, are we a week apart or something like that? Day 42 for me so we're close but man you got stretch and i ain't got none! That's the Superbud in week one for one week quarter strength! lol oh well i'm happy.

I have done a shed load of trimming again, i swear buds just keep appearing but they will never finish so have to keep trimming. But still took fan leaves off unless they were borged.

Well i will begin to use my Superbud Blaster from tomorrow (i think). This version is meant to give them a PK boost.
Cha Ching i will use separate because they seem similar and it may cause drama for me.
I don't know what Bloombastic is but i guess its similar, have you given it anymore thought?

I'm writing a small novel here but i have noticed my fan leaves were fat indica like at the start the one beneath the canopy still are, and now they are sativa looking i think it could be the buds sucking them dry of sugars lol but seriously i would like to know.

Are you saying your going 10 weeks in all? That's my plan to go 10 weeks inc flush

Aero huh? Go Asil, so soon your gonna be growing some beasts!? I like what you are becoming mate ha ha ha

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trimming Fans leaves is definitely a good thing just don't over due it. Only cut out the ones that are really keeping lower buds from getting light, light does filter through the leave as well so you don't have to go off on this. Just give it time also as the buds get bigger you will see where you need to open up. Also be carefull with that hermie it could pollinate your whole crop. That could be good if it only pollinated a little. Maybe get her out of there? Looks good though man. The grow is beautiful. Bless

i would disagree, i hardly trim at all, in fact i will trim off buds below the screen but not the fan leaves - i find these will die of their own accord if the plant doesnt want them, but first it will recycle the nutrients in them

i realise opinion is divided on the subject, but i get great yeilds doing it my way.:joint:

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
p.s. looking very nice asil - leaves usually tend to get thinner as the plants go into flower btw

DAMN big bro I leave for a few days & come back to those. WOW!!!!! And to see that greenthumb turn purple is impressive. Keep up the good work.

Asil

Love the Kitty Litter buckets. :) I knew someone would use these one day, and I was waiting to see how it could all come together. Now that I see whatt you have done, I am sold.
Yes those buckets worked out great. I had to experiment with the pump size but in all I love this system. Thanks for dropping by.

I have done a shed load of trimming again, i swear buds just keep appearing but they will never finish so have to keep trimming. But still took fan leaves off unless they were borged.

Well i will begin to use my Superbud Blaster from tomorrow (i think). This version is meant to give them a PK boost.
Cha Ching i will use separate because they seem similar and it may cause drama for me.
I don't know what Bloombastic is but i guess its similar, have you given it anymore thought?
Hey buddy, I try to trim but i just can't bring myself to taking to many leaves.One thing I have learned about this room is I can't get at the back two plants very well. I tried to trim out the bottom of the screen but I just can't reach the back.
I have been looking at Cha Ching, Looks like some good stuff and alot cheaper then then bloombastic. I don't know if I will use any additives this run. Always glad you stop to take a look.

p.s. looking very nice asil - leaves usually tend to get thinner as the plants go into flower btw
Thanks for the complement. It is good to know about the leaves. Alot of my buds have 3 leaf leaves sticking out of them. Being that this is bagseed I was not sure how long to let them go. I was going to let the pistols start to turn then start the flush.

DAMN big bro I leave for a few days & come back to those. WOW!!!!! And to see that greenthumb turn purple is impressive. Keep up the good work.
I am not sure if it is the pheno or the lighting in the photo that made it purp. I do love how cool it looks. Nice to see you made it by.

Ok I know I have promised pictures but life has its demands. I will get some up this weekend for sure. I took down the 400hps and put up a 600. This should give me more penatration into the canopy and really help them buds swell.

I have my cabinet all down and the clones have all rooted. Now I just have to get them in to the new aero unit and start them under 12/12. I have had one clone under 12/12 now for awhile hoping to sex it nothing as of a few days ago. Well more later. Happy growing.

Asil

Day 55 of 12/12

Day 55 of 12/12

Well fellas and ladies,
Today was the first time I have seen some signs that the time is drawing near. Some of the pistols on the back to plants are starting to turn orange. I was getting nervous becuase of how long they have been going. I don't have a clue on how I am going to haverst them, the are in the back of the screen and a real pain to get to.I am think about to more weeks for them. The biggest plant still has a ways to go. She seems to just keep getting more and more white hairs and keeps getting bigger. She also has four huge colas which makes me happy. Well if I don't count the first two weeks these are at day 41 of flower.Well on with the pictures.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got some burn but live and learn. Also got some good new my Nycd x c99 is a lady. She took about 19 day to show her hairs. Got the cabinet all done and it is up and runniong with the DIY 8 site Aero unit. Hers some shots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well hope all is green and big with you all.

Asil

Oh and I broke down and started using Cha ching. Just thought I would see how it goes. I have heard good things about it.

Asil

Well I chopped the hermied plant done this am. I should have done it a lot sooner then now. It was dead and there where hardly any roots left. I hope that it doesn't affect the rest of the plants in the RDWC.

The back to plants look like they may be getting close. Starting to see some of the hairs turn orange. I need to check the trics on them.

The front plant is huge, I mean huge. It has four or five colas about 12-18" long and they are just covered in hairs. I thinks they are atarting to swell up alot so it may be a few more weeks for that one.

Being that these where from bagseed, I have know Idea how long they should go? At 57 days of 12/12 for a indica I would have thought they would have been done by now. Or should I figure that with about a 14 day preflower stage the flower time is only at 43 days, either way they are getting close. I am looking forward to tasting some of my hard work.

Asil

Dude is that the new Aero!?! :eek: Looks niiice :D
Yes that is the 8 site unit I threw together for the cabinet. Seems to be working great. I get some pic's up asap.

As far as my shed grow is... Well the are still under 12/12/ I think it is like 73 days from the flip. I have tried a couple of buds. The tasted and smelled like pine alot. I am a little disapointed that I let that hermied plant stay. It seems to have pollenated the plant right behind it. And possibly the other one in the back. Also The one plant that is in the front, it recieved no pollen that I can tell, is huge. I mean huge. I had to tie up two of its colas. They are at least 16" long and swelling right up. I don't know how long it is going to go but two days ago all the hairs where white as can be. I will try and get some more pics for you.

Asil

Just thought I would throw a little note in here. Cabinet grow is going well. Plants have really started to strech and hopefully they are about done. The tallest one is about 8 inches from the cooltube. Have some slight yellowing on some of the lower leaves, I believe this is from running the pump 24 hrs a day. I cut it back to run for 15 min then off for 30mins.

Shed grow is coming to a close. I think I will haverset the back to plants this weekend and let the front one go....I guess I can't even guess. It has been 77days and still is showing no sign of finishing but it is huge.

I know I have said it before but I will get pictures up tonight! One more thing. Pontiac is the HST ok in flowering and is it just like supercropping? I might have to do that in cab.

I have been kicking around what to do next in my shed. I am thinking maybe taking my to bonsai mothers, that are about 90 days old and putting them into som 10 gallon containers and letting them go all out. Or just keep my 6 site RDWC system and running the clones I have ready for them.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Sir, I demand you update us on your Aero Garden! :whip:

I HST'd (bending or if necessary, snapping) when the buds were getting too close to the light. With HST, I was able to greatly slow verticle growth while the buds above the bend point continued to fatten as normal. If it wasn't for HST, my yield would've been much lower with half my buds burnt.

Asil

Update of cabinet Aero!

Update of cabinet Aero!

Well today is day 14 of 12/12 for my clones in my new aero unit. I placed them in there on the 6th of August and let them veg for about 9 days before flipping them. Hopefully the strech is almost over and the fun can begin. I am planing on a mid October haverest for these. They are 4- NYCD x C99 (Superbudz) and 4 Strawberry diesel x Chem d. They are being feed 8-16 Lucas with pump on for 15 minutes and off for 30 minutes.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

toast

wow nice work can you post some some more specific contruction/material info on the clean little aero unit please

Crafty

These are looking great bro! Lots of good info in the thread. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Great progress updates btw. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts