What's new

First time DWC grow

A

arcticsun

oh they are not easy to come by at all i go out of my ways to get them, and i make sure never to cheap out on the clones with other people. i have learned it pays to spread alittle love around :)

we are not really that far away from amsterdam so pretty much anything is possible to get but mailorders are not safe. so we gotta go down there ourselves and send seeds either as a gift package to ourselves or a friend. that or stuff the seeds in the in-seems of the clothes and smuggle through customs. ive done that one too many times and never got caught, so my seed smuggling days are totally over. i let the young bucks run that shit, and i preach the good word of growing :D

edit: wth i speak like some tolkien character lol. what i mean is i take whatever strains i get nowadays, i try to make sure other growers know me and like me. i lucked out on some new friends i made, they have given me some top notch genetics that i have wanted for a long time.

Last edited:
Yeah it must be nice.

Hey I was started a new post earlier about ordering seeds and now its gone. Whats up with that. Will they take down your thread for some reason?

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Honestly I don't think the net pot size matters once roots are down, I got big ones thinking that it would be easier to get e water level up to the bottom to get water on the hydroton. I chose to get 6" and 3" and I used the 6, I got a lot since they are only a few quarters each in case I want more later on or some break or get lost etc.

Posts will be deleted without notice if TOU are violated, most seem to be for talking about specifics of seed purchases. Your supposed to contact seedbay or the boutique via email and they are serious about it. They can be slow to respond but that's the way.

Edit: Heres the rules, read them, know them, live them. There are more I think and implied ones, and common sense is a good rule to follow also.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280

Last edited:
Nah Ive never been there, I have it on my list of things to in the future (not to far down) I hear its nice. But to be honest after chatting with you and seeing all the pics I think Id be more inclined to come up where you are before amsterdam (I like smoking and all, but I really like being out in the wild, ya know) and I know ya'll have some good smoke up there already anyways.
You damn non Americans make me sick with all your extra traveling, lenient laws and slack work schedule (oh and I forgot about healtcare and social security)..................But hey did I mention that I once went to DisneyWorld! Ha Ha

Hey Deft:

Oh I guess this was the problem. I am wondering though why the thread was taken down, I dont understand why talking about what seeds people have had good luck with is against the rules?? I was discussing strains on Seedbay. Does anyone know why the discussion is a problem.

Just wondering, I am not trying to break any rules and will abide by the rules laid out by web site. But why can't you talk about seedbay??

Rule number 7

"7. Threads or posts pertaining to the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts pertaining to the 'recreational use' of narcotic substances is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts soliciting any of the aforementioned shall be deleted and the posting member will be banned from the site. Wish lists of varieties placed in posts, threads, or the members 'signature line' area will be deleted by admin as doing so is deemed an attempt to circumvent site policy regarding solicitations."

Thanks ya'll for the extra input.

A

arcticsun

hehateme19 said:
Nah Ive never been there, I have it on my list of things to in the future (not to far down) I hear its nice. But to be honest after chatting with you and seeing all the pics I think Id be more inclined to come up where you are before amsterdam (I like smoking and all, but I really like being out in the wild, ya know) and I know ya'll have some good smoke up there already anyways.
You damn non Americans make me sick with all your extra traveling, lenient laws and slack work schedule (oh and I forgot about healtcare and social security)..................But hey did I mention that I once went to DisneyWorld! Ha Ha

lol my friend i hate doing this to you. i have been to disney world too.. for 2 full weeks lol. also universal studios .. been beemed by the ghost busters lol.

good news tho amsterdam is on the way here hehe, and totally worth the trip.

amsterdam is something else lol its all backwards, whatever you cant do anywhere else you get to do wherever you want in amsterdam. its awesome heheh

Deft

Veteran
Ohh it was a thread? Maybe it was in the wrong section. I cant remember ever having any of my thousands of posts deleted. You could pm the mod of that section and ask whats up, be nice and say your inquiring so if you did something wrong you know not to do it again.

I had a layover in A-dam not long ago, it was right before 420 and I got to meet 3 icmag peeps in gypsy's shop which I don't think is there anymore. I didn't have much time but I got to sample a few hits of cannaloupe I think it was at grey area. I want to make a real trip there some time.

delane1

you can find tickets to Amsterdam cheaper than flighing with-in the US. Went 3 times then discovered sites like this and found you didn't even have to go there to get seeds.-)

SpoCannabis

Deft said:
I had a layover in A-dam not long ago, it was right before 420 and I got to meet 3 icmag peeps in gypsy's shop which I don't think is there anymore. I didn't have much time but I got to sample a few hits of cannaloupe I think it was at grey area. I want to make a real trip there some time.

Chocolope maybe?

Hey bozo: what up man thanks for finally making it by, yeah your right you definetly dont need to ever puchase a prefab dwc setup. I was an idiot and went the expensive route (before icmag of course) but it did give me a general idea of what to do so I guess I got some needed expierence from it. I wish I would have read some of the threads on here before spending the $250 on a joke of a setup. But really hydro was a super mystery to me and I wouldnt have even known where to begin looking on the site. But really though I hope someone else catches some of these threads so they dont have to waste their money.

And to everyone else (Arctic, Spo, Deft, Delane) thanks for stopping in and sharing all the traveling and worldy stuff you know I love to chat about all that.

Here are some pics of my other 2 older girls that I just dropped in 12/12. These were put in the buckets from clone around the dec 1, 2008.

All are White Widow around a month in Veg.

SpoCannabis

justanotherbozo said:
remember, if no-one but you knows about your grow, no-one can rat you out, lol.

Lol, good advice. K+

Those babies look damn good bro, keep us posted on that side-by-side ;-) :joint:

SUPER NICE THREAD! Imma head to the hydro store today and grab some nutes and a bucket.. I have to try this now! Now i need to choose a strain..probably apollo so I can get some fast results? or perhaps a bubba.. whatcha think
ps. the last pics look like they're gonna be some dank bud..

Deft

Veteran
Yea I tell no one, not my best friend, no one cept family thousands of miles away and they smoke and wanted to learn a bit about growing.. This is the place to show off if you have to.

Yeah Im definetly with you on the keeping shit to yourself bit. Like I said Im not trying to get rich off of this, just keep me and one or two friends in some smoke. So Fo Sho Im extra secret...My lady hates it cuz I dont even let her friends come over but hey whatever. My parents live right close and they havent been over to my house in like 3 years (not to worry cuz we have family diners at there house once or twice a week. I just use the excuse that my Pit bulls are way to unruly and that works for that.

So yeah it sucks but there are lots of haters out there, so be extra careful.... And really when it comes down to it you dont really need more than one or two super good friends, less problems in general that way. So yeah I have my Homies that know but they are friends since like 6th grade and theres only 2 of them anyways.

Keep it safe

Here are a couple of pics of my oldest dwc girl this is 32 days flower

Still figuring out the best spot in the house to take the pics.

White Widow 32days Flower DWC 5 gallon bucket (no res) GhFlora Series Lucas Formula ppms around 1500 ph 6.0.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts