What's new

First time DWC grow

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
to get this My Grow

copy and replace { and } with [ and ], substitute in brackets for where I stuck the curvy brackets for it to show right, do this in your signature page under user menu at the top of every screen.

{url=http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=105923&page=1&pp=15}{color=darkgreen}My Grow{/color}{/url}

You can change the text to be shown and the color its show in by swapping out the words my grow (that are between brackets) and the text darkgreen with another color.

Last edited:
Hey Deft I already said thanks on another thread but I wanted to make sure I dropped you a thanks on my thread as well. So one more time thank you for your expertise and for being helpful with the sig deal.

I will post some more pics for ya'll a little later. I gotta change some water out in a bit.

Brastaman

hehateme19,

just read the thread. great information. i need to learn how to add links to my signature also.

i've been considering a DWC experiement, and your thread has convinced me to try at least one plant next round. it seems you picked it up pretty quickly and your plants look great.

any beginners tips that aren't mentioned already?

good luck with your first DWC harvest.

brasta.

What up hateme? This is a pretty nice little thing you have going on. I was thinking about doing this sometime in the future... I must say that I've been learning with you on this one. I haven't been here from the get go, but I'M HERE NOW!!!

Great stuff man, keep it up! :rasta:

PS- A little pic from my first ever grow!!!!! Day 16 I want to say...

Hey Spaceghost: thanks for showing up, the more people keeping up with the grow the more motivated it makes me to try and keep posting new stuff. I promise (maybe) I will update the post today (12/27) with some new pics.

I have a total of 6 plants in various stages of flower and 4 more in veg (getting ready to drop 2 of those under the 400watt in flower in a day or so) So now its time to go and buy some more buckets.

Also I've decided that Im gonna have to go with a resevoir. It is quite a bit of work keeping up with the water levels in the different buckets with the plants getting bigger. Im not gonna do it right away but I am going to begin putting together a blueprint (and list of needed supplies) of what I want to do. I'll be asking many questions in the future about this (Spo, and Hydro be ready to help out) so Im sure we will all be well versed in the in setting up a good res by the time mine is finished.

Ok I made sure all the buckets were filled properly and checked all of the plants Ph and PPMs, some were a little off but I brought everything back into range with the lucas add back formula. So I should be good to go for a couple of days.

Also I tried to take some better shots with the camera. I'm working on it so bear with me. I need to figure out the right lighting to take the best pics....

These are all pic of my oldest DWC girl (white widow, not sure of the genectics but I've been growing it for a while now and its pretty decent) I put her in to 12/12 around Dec 2 or so. PPMs at about 1500, and ph around 5.8.

SpoCannabis

hehateme19 said:
I'll be asking many questions in the future about this (Spo, and Hydro be ready to help out) so Im sure we will all be well versed in the in setting up a good res by the time mine is finished.

For sure bro - that's why were here ;-) :joint:

A

arcticsun

lol mate im sorry i was busy chatting up a storm so i forgot to tell you how to get your grow in your signature. you got it all figured out i see, now all you gotta do is go around spreading the good word and promote your thread.

its a nice thread indeed :D ill keep checking in on you mate, keep em pics coming, off i go into lala-land for today now its 6 in the morning here now, and im into my usual dark-winterseason rythm of sleep where i just dont care what time of day it is hehe. there is no sun anyway.

great pics the girls look very healty, if you get a problem with the leaves clawing on you, like bending down forming a claw its probably the ph is a tiny smidge too high. if the fanleaves seem to stretch upwards towards the sky it might be a smidge too low.

let me see if i can rep you for this thread or if i gotta spread around, nice pics, nice update :D GG

Yeah its like 10 pm here now so Im winding down myself....We get regular daylight nightime so I try and sleep regular hours, that way I can get out during the day. Its hard though I cant imagine if the sun didn't come up or didn't set for a couple of months. But thanks for stopping by, I don't really care about the rep, but thanks if you do drop some, I post for the fun of it. I never got into any kind of posting or chatting on the internet until now (I've always spent lots of time online browsing different sites, reading news, sports and downloading music and what have you) I like all the information and advice you get on here and its cool all the extra stuff as well.

:rant:

A

arcticsun

same here, i like icmag, i dont go and chat elsewhere really. didnt quite get my ass to bed yet either. found some interresting links and stuff, gonna watch that and smoke some more bowls hehe

Yeah I saw you posting on some of the other threads Ive been reading.

I gotta go soon so I can watch the last week of the regular season in the NFL. Gotta root for the home team ya know, if they win they go to the playoffs so gotta get my rest on for that.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I feel the winter sleep thing, exercise and rozerum help for me.

I'm going to keep watching this grow as I am setting up my first DWC in 18gal rubbermaid under 250w. Got first roots out the bottoms of the net pots today so alls well.

A

arcticsun

exercize definately .. and vitamin D aswell. problem is i have to go out and shovel all the damn snow in the blizzard in order to drive to the gym, and after i shovel all the snow im so beat there is no need to go to the gym.

so if i just shovel the snow, well i dont really need to go anywhere so.. i just sleep it off

haha.. im just making excuses, or its something about this place and i guess its in the culture to sleep in late in the winter. at work and such its totally forgiven to oversleep once in a while here in the north. its not like that in the south of my country. there they have the euroamerican attitude where you get fired at once, in with a new guy... work him to the ground! nah up here we throw the wrist watches away, work if we wanna. play when the sun is up, rest when the sun is down. make love under the moon and run naked in the woods. the norse spirit is total freedom, no compromize, no dependance. but that means the hard lonely truth to many which is a hard toll to bear.

Hey deft nice to hear from you again. Yeah I've been thinking about turning one of my rubber maids into a dwc grow. I have been running only 5 gallon buckets as of late, but I think you just inspired me to go buy a net pot. What size you think you might use on a 18ga?? Or would you do like two 4 inch netters and run 2 plants in the 18 gallon. yeah thats what I think Im gonna do. Now I just need to go get some damn net pots, Im think Im gonna go ahead and buy like 5 of them (should have already had a supply) Anyways I'll be posting that in a couple of days from now bro. Let me know when you get yours going.

Oh yeah to Arctic and Deft both: all that talk about gyms is making me tired already. You know there are some premier ski resorts pretty much in my backyard (ok a littler further maybe) but close enough. So thats how I get my workout in the winter, still not getting all the snow we like but I think the mtn is showing like 2 ft in the past 5 or 6 days, so you know Ima be getting out there (sucks cuz of all the tourists right now though, ya know with the holidays.) I'll probably go tomorrow or the next day and then let the crazy Tourists (who cant ski, but do keep local economies going so you gotta love them) have the Mtn. for the weekend. But you gotta try and stay active.

Here are some shots of my oldest Dwc girl today (W/W) I'll be getting some more pics of the other 2 in bud as soon as something interesting starts happening (getting some nice pre flowers right now though). But as you can see my camera work is not getting any better.

White Widow 27days Flower DWC 5 gallon bucket (no res) GhFlora Series Lucas Formula ppms around 1500 ph 6.0.

Last edited:
Hey fred_light hope that life is treating you well.
One of these days I am going to take some better pics, she is looking lovely though nice crystals.
Yeah I am going to run her about 9 weeks total (from past grows I have had good results at about 9weeks +, but with this being my first hydro grow I'll have to take it day by day) so hopefully by then I will be taking some better pics for ya'll, she finishes really nice, I cant wait. :joint:

A

arcticsun

hey mate, checking in :D

man i would love to come over and teach y'all how to ski hehe i know u americans got it covered when it comes to resorts. i can picture the kind of slopes and lifts you got over there, i bet its off the hook megaresorts like everything is over there :D with those huge ass mountans and all .. over here snowcovered mountains as far as the eye can see but not a ski lift anywhere.

phew.. man would i love to tear that shit up!

widow looks awesome man, i went out and got myself some clones today. some sick new genetics omg im all into it. i got a coupple of the strains earlier but i managed to kill em i think when i moved my veg room.

the dude was awesome he cut me a whole damn forest... like 40-50 clones i dunno. more then i need anyway. i got: ..

strains:
white widow-he didnt know which supplier had the beans but insisted they were bought in england and were the real deal. i dunno, i took 3 clones he had 1 in flower way back in the room didnt look very closely at it .. looked to show some stretch in the internodes, ill give it a test run in a while i always wanted to grow widow but i never had any.

eva's monster: this one was just a monster let me tell you he had 3 plants in week 4 its a monster yielder. danish strain dont know much about it, looks to be a hybrid.

drcronic-psicadelica: havent had time to read up on it yet, it looked to be a short type indica with rock hard nugs he also had some of these in week 4. friggin insane trich production up along the stems of the fanleaves and in the crown of the fanleaves aswell.. thats what i like to see! gimme some of that hasj :D very exited about this one.

strawberry smile: i knew at the first hint of scent i picked up from the plants he had in week 4 also of this plant that this was the real deal. fucking strawberry smile :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :woohoo:
.. and one hell of a pretty motherplant was presented to me. dude i am walking on air atn i just had to tell someone hehe.

so now i have the 3 strains i have wanted and longed for since i started (bear in mind beans are very hard to get around here), ive grown loads of different hybrids with fancy names. powerplant, LP, juicy fruit.. u name it lol. but now i got blueberry, white widow and strawberry smile :D:D::D:D:D:D

and some awesome pheno's aswell, tried and tested real deal top notch genetics :woohoo: (dunno about the widow tho hehe, but i have an awesome ak48 so ill make do) i got so many clones aswell that i cant possibly fuck this up so ill throw all i have into flowering.

oh dude sosry.. :hijacked: :fsu: hehe bit exited, and i type fast as hell WALL OF TEXT some trout jumping for ya

65642Laksefjordvidda_2002_031.jpg

Hey Arctic: dude those cuts sound wonderful, you have some nice friends over there for sure, I wish I had a chance at some different clones close by. I guess I need to try and make some different friends (to random though). Im gonna order some seeds here pretty soon so hopefully I will have some more exciting genetics to post about. If not I'll just follow what your doing, funny funny I am.

I have been growing the W/W for about 2 or 3 years now, (same strain, had some stressfull times though) not sure of the genetics but the bud is so nice I havent never really needed anything else (or so I thought) Im sure from the looks of everything else you have over there you probably got your hands on some nice strains. So like I said I'll be paying attention.