What's new

First Scrog attempt... :woohoo:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
well, it is pretty easy to tell if it is large enough or not:

do you have any more bud sites coming out of the one side on the edge? you could try adding another column for thats side and it would help

tip: i used a basketball net cut the pulled real tightly (any walmart, kmart, sporting goods store has these) and screwed into the wall, didn't move to much from the growth, but was in a smaller area so screwing to three sides of the box was not a big deal

edit: what is holding that scrog down and in place? you know your buds will just lift that thing off the ground making teh scrog pretty much useless... that thing has to be taught and secure.

Last edited:

William H

nice grow

nice grow

hey whats up bro... just stopin by to say thats a nice setup you got... i've always been interested in the scrog, but usually stick to my topping / LST/ supercropping method. very interested to see the final results. When I put my haze girl under the hps from the floros, she grew like a node a day,so i know what your talking bout, just be ready to do some tying down and some serious feeding. But, thats one of those GOOD PROBLEMS!!! i'll be keepin up with tha thread, keep it green!!

Last edited:
Flower Day 3

Flower Day 3

started to use the screen as i tucked down a couple branches. I actually found it pretty easy and fun. Lower plants still havent shown sex but they are getting bushier an have grown about 2 nodes each. The scrog plant an one of the plants are more sativa an the other 2 are more indica. Im hopin the sativa one is female as i prefer an energetic high !@!

female count 4 out of 6

female count 4 out of 6

OMG, Im so happy right now. I go into my dresser hoping that one of the plants has shown sex and guess what.....THere were female preflowers on ALL OF THEM!! I am so happy because i feel that in order to optimize this harvest i need 4 females and i do!!! but i am sorta dissapointed that i cant make any seeds as i had no room for the malles and i killed them:(.

Last edited:
G

hmmm i could not get 1 f*king WD clone to root!! did you? I got 3/3 female also...good job rez.. :badday:

G

Looking good... I think that it would smell a bit, if you turned your fan off at night.

bandan; i sort of gave up on my clones but 3 of them were starting to root in my bubblecloner when i killed them (I needed room for my apollo11 an c99 babies). An i was really happy with my female count not really cause i got 4/6 female but because the females were the best plants an the males were the worst...

Young Giver; yeh i tried it once an after a couple hours my room startedd to stink up so i cant really turn off the fan for more than a few hours :badday: but that can also be a good thing (i like stinky plants :))

I havent been updating recently because my computer broke an i have no way to upload pics ( i have a couple on my cam that im goin to show when my comp gets fixed). The girls are loking good an the scrog seems to be working as i have like 100 3-4 inch buds all right next to eachother :woohoo: Im hoping for a big harvest!!

bostrom155

Nice grow, I've done a few scrogs, and your screen is good, better too big than too small, as long as you have the room. Tie the branches down over the screen with twist ties, till the stretch is over.
well maybe the next one, since you have buds. play around with how many bud site you really want more site equals smaller buds and trimming a million popcorn buds.

...and here are some pictures from today

//Day 28

//Bud Shots

Every time i check up on them they smell better, are fatter and have more trics. Its definatly starting to get interesting :woohoo:

G

Holy shit TBWG>>> Those plants are kicking some ass now. Boy take a week or so off and Bam!!! Nice F :joint: cking grow, cant wait to see finnished product. :joint:

gOurd^jr.

they'll be fine with 24hrs darkness. looking real good by the way. I too have a 250. My cab is not nearly as clean as yours though its 3x2x4ft tall. Anyhow I used LST on these two Sour Mists from rez and it worked real good, 20+ tops of fairly even height on each plant. Underfed them though and only got about 2Oz, coulda fita nother plant too... you live and you learn.
peace love happiness

G

He is using a 250 HPS. TBWGB those plants look so good I'm starting to think I should drop some Wonder Diesel beans, oh the choices. :bat: no more room. Got 7 AK48 clones,5 Bog medley & 4 Romulan x Chronic in veg box and you always gotta leave a little space for late clone or something right. Be watching :wave:

Thanks for the quick replies. I was afraid theat they might hermi on me.
SS; thanks for the kind words. Im very impressed with WW and i definitly recommend it to u but you do seem to have a nice list of strains going there.
Gourd; Hows the Sour Mist. I had trouble deciding between that and WW but went with WW cause its easier to grow and shorter Flower time. (only my second grow an wanted something easy as my last grow didnt turn out that good).

don't laugh this question is serious. i am just confused. whats the screen do? whats the difference between the screen and regular LST ?? is it better than just training it sideways? i never understood what the screens all about? does it hold it down or soemthing?

Why do you want to put them in 24hrs of darkness? I would think the buds need at least 8 to10 hours of light so they will swell in the last few weeks. I'm on day 50 of my 1st scrog grow under 400 HPS, I dont think I would want to do 24 hours of dark, just doesn't sound right to me.

later Nick

lol i needed to change my light cycle so that the light would be off durning the day. This is a 1 time thing not something i would do regularly.

WeedKrazy; The screen just helps with tying down the branches. It will give it a lower profile grow than LST or at least it is easier to. Lst will produce bigger buds but less buds.

//I dont know which technique i like better an im growing 1 lst plant to compare yeilds to my scrog plants.