What's new

first post. lowryder 2 behind schedule.

cflauto

I'm really not sure but they may be ready. Most of the trichs on the main center buds are amber while the side buds are mostly milky. No clear that I can see. It lookslike they may put some weight on if I leave them. But I dont want over ripe.
What do you guys think? I really need help.

Jhhnn

Veteran
At 25% amber trichs, I'd def rate them as ready, but that's just my preference.

Cut off a small piece of bud you think is ready- you know, what you'd usually smoke in one sitting. Chop it up, dry it out, test it. The taste will be lousy, but it'll give you an idea as to effect. After that, if you want it that way & you think the side buds are behind, just harvest the main bud, let the rest go until you're satisfied. At this point, the longer you wait, the more that the couchlock qualities will come out.

Obviously, we all get better at it with some practice & by taking notes, even if they're just in our heads. You've done well to get decent results from the lighting, imho.:tiphat:

coolbud

puffin' the herb
I see so much growth in your plant , why would you cut it man ?? i dont get you guys , if she still hittin' white hairs it means she's still stacking up.i dont think your looking with your scope very good.dont look at the leafs for amber aparition , thats the first place it starts maturing and it will take way more for them to finish.When your plants have like 25% amber trichs on your plant , the trichs must look brown at eye watch.

Heres a picture of my current grow.
picture.php

For many people this might look done , but as you can see there's no damn brown trichome coverage on my plant , only on the leafs and i bet nobody smoking those fan leafs because they got amber trichs.
And the thing about preference , you cant even mention whats your preference since its your first grow.Just let your plant show you when she is done.If you dont do that , you will always harvest faster because you wanna smoke and see what you made.but remember , getting your plants too fast might give you a big dissapointment on the high and blame the strain.
Good Luck

Jhhnn

Veteran
I see so much growth in your plant , why would you cut it man ?? i dont get you guys , if she still hittin' white hairs it means she's still stacking up.i dont think your looking with your scope very good.dont look at the leafs for amber aparition , thats the first place it starts maturing and it will take way more for them to finish.When your plants have like 25% amber trichs on your plant , the trichs must look brown at eye watch.

Heres a picture of my current grow.
View Image

For many people this might look done , but as you can see there's no damn brown trichome coverage on my plant , only on the leafs and i bet nobody smoking those fan leafs because they got amber trichs.
And the thing about preference , you cant even mention whats your preference since its your first grow.Just let your plant show you when she is done.If you dont do that , you will always harvest faster because you wanna smoke and see what you made.but remember , getting your plants too fast might give you a big dissapointment on the high and blame the strain.
Good Luck

Doing the math, the plants are now at day 75 for what is supposedly a 63 day strain. I realize that lighting held back growth, but maturation of autoflowers should, I think, proceed regardless of that.

As I offered, some testing is in order at this point, then again in a few days. In another week, the plants will be at 130% of the time that the maker recommends, likely more than adequate. That's like a 10 week photoperiod strain going 13 weeks.

The Santa Maria genetic is unusual in modern hybrids, other than Lowryder2 derivatives. Its flowering time is supposedly moderate, 8-9 weeks, so that really shouldn't stretch out flowering like haze parentage might.

Just my opinion, limited by experience, of course.

rangergord

I would suggest 3L air pots. Bought a set a couple years ago and tried them with autoflowers including both LR and LR2. The 3 L is closest to a one gallon pot. If you go to a bigger pot with autos, you won't be able to plant directly from seed in it because it won't dry out quickly enough between waterings. Transplanting should be avoided. 3L is just right for lowryder. The airpots really help develop a healthy root system and that means everything with autos. If you ever need to transplant from a 3L pot, to a bigger pot, regular pots will work almost as well because the plant should be well established and vigorous by then.

cflauto

One had 100% orange pistils. And the buds not the leaves had 30-40% amber trichs. So I cut her. I'm gna leave the others to put some weight on. The others have only got 60-75% orange pistils.
Thanks for all your help guys. Advice is priceless.

cflauto

I've also got some 6.5l airpots commin my way for xmas from my bro. Would 6.5l be to much for an auto?
Thanks on advance.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About 25% amber. 74% milky. 1% clear. 75% of pistols are orange/red now.

There's not going to be much more growth if any....and you are not going to increase yield by leaving her go.

Agree w/ Jhhnn, with the numbers you stated a few days ago....it's chop time. When trichs are fully amber, the plant is in degradation mode.

The pics you've shown us are excellent. I think you'll be v-e-r-y happy with your harvest. And air pots and your extra lighting....you'll continue to enjoy the fruits of your labor each time.

I'm hoping you are taking notes so you can see when your plants are ready. Day started, day the 'package' indicates it's harvested, trichome changes.

NICE JOB!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Excellent advice, aridbud. You're the resident maven of autoflowers, I think.

I like autoflowers. The ones I grew were interesting & easy, tough little customers. The one is still my fave among what we've done.

For some people, they're a great idea. OTOH, holding to Colorado plant limits wouldn't seem to give the yield over time as good photoperiod strains. 100 days vs 70 days seed to chop yields a disproportionately larger quantity of what growers want. 50% more time yields 3X the results with the same # of plants. Gotta have enough space & decent tech to do that well. Not everybody is so lucky.

I do like 'em, for sure. If plant counts were no issue I'd grow a lot more of the little darlings.

cflauto

Thankyou airbud and jhhnn. You have been the biggest help. I have 1 which is a little more underdeveloped so I'm gonna leave her another day or two. But the others are cut and drying. I even quick dryed 1 bud to cheak the buzz. Very heady, trippy. Lasted ages. Not the couchlock I was lookin for, but that may be down to the strain. We shall see once I've had a full session on it.

I shall do a full smoke report after a cure.
Thanks again guys. You have helped me realise a dream I thaught to be impossible.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lowryder #2 has been infused with superior Santa Maria genetics, a variety known for copious resin production, exotic taste and soaring highs, it is an indica / sativa hybrid originally from Brazil.

Hey cfl-
Above is the description of LR2. Trippy/soaring....not so much couch lock. You can experiment and let that last one go beyond to all amber trich's, but LR is more of an energetic mode.....genetics play a big part of the type of sensation you want.

You'll probably want more indica auto for couch lock the next time you do your project.

Still, you've had a successful grow!! High five! And you've learned along the way.

cflauto

Smoke Report: 5 days hang dry 7 days cure.

Taste - spicy fruity earthy, 7 / 10

Smell - fresh fruity 8 / 10

Look - lightish green. Loads of crystals. 9 / 10

High - very heady, trippy, monged out for ages. A 1g high lasted 3-4 hours. 9 / 10

Weight - 22g off 2. 1 being 13g and the other being 9g. One was someone elses. Gesstimate 10g.

I forgot to snap some pics of the buds, sorry.

Made a bong mix on xmas with 7g of this had 7g of something called red dragon and played monopoly untill 4am drinking fine scotch.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts