What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FIRST OUTDOOR: 58n typhoon and nanda devi

Hoots

Looks great dude :) Good luck! Lets hope the weather will be with us the last weeks :p

Cheers Kaffen, weather has been quite good the last few weeks, quite still and some days of sun, never warm but not many midges:)

Tomorrow the nor-westerlies are due to come roaring in, a fart from hurricane Irene sent in our direction.

All the photos were taken yesterday.

Removed the male typhoons from both spots. They had all released some pollen so I am hoping for a small number of good seeds.

Spot1
picture.php

One of the Mandala#1 x Garwhali jungli is now 7ft and growing. The other two tall garwhali cross are tied down a bit but I will let the tall one grow.

Top half of tallest,
picture.php

Been showing preflowers for a while but yesterday the first pistil is emerging.
picture.php

Hard to say but this spot is more sheltered than I thought so they may be in for a chance.

Typhoons on the other hand here are doing grand.

This is one of the earliest at spot1, standing just over 6ft.
picture.php

and a close up of the top,
picture.php

Next spot2,

Hoots

Spot 2

Looks like all five nandas are male here. They still haven't properly shown yet but cuttings back home have.

Hopefully still make a cross with some cuttings from the squat typhoon I took.

NandaA
picture.php

Typhoons are fuckin fantastic:jump:

Lots of lovely variation and although slow to grow at first they are looking great.

Now the males are removed the four remaining lassies are free to expand.
picture.php

Tallest here is about just over 5feet.

SquatTy,
picture.php

And her insides,
picture.php

Fey typhoon,
picture.php

have a few cuttings of her as well, squatTy didn't like inside lights and so is back outside but Feys cuttings are liking indoors.

One of her branchs,
picture.php

This is the largest typhoon here and shes a beauty,
picture.php

A lovely blush of pink in her pistils,
picture.php

Lots of budding sites:)
picture.php

I guess it is all in the hands of septembers weather!

picture.php

rocket high

Veteran
Excellent Hoots looks like they are budding up well .... hope these winds dont blow over our plants... im on the east side so im thinking they might be a bit lighter than on the west coast.

September better give up some nice sunshine... we deserve it. :)

Hoots

Shelter from the storm,
picture.php

Another Nor-westerlie blowing in,

Lowrider, seed nanda devi, nanda devi cuttings, typhoon cuttings and golden tiger males taking it easy:dance013:

Smokinweedgi, JGP and Rocket high, hope your all somewhere warm and cosy with a good smoke in hand( or on mushies on top of a hill!)

:)

Hoots

Heres some photos from 2 days ago, a lovely day with a good drying wind and sun.

Next week looks horrible but I'm glad to see the forecast isn't as bad for monday/tuesday as it was looking. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a hurricane and a normal day here anyway:)

So to start with spot2

Heres the typhoons,
picture.php

As you can see they have had some reinforcement.

SquatTy,
picture.php

Budding up well but such a mass of leaves hard to get a good picture of them!

Close-up of one of Feys branchs,
picture.php

Front typhoon filling up well,
picture.php

Close up,
picture.php

Great to see some resin forming.

Heres the pink pistiled one.
picture.php

Close up,
picture.php

Unfortunately this is the only typhoon to show mold. I have removed a few branchs already.
Seems to start around an old preflower and spreads. Have given this lads suggestion ago and hopefully it will slow it down, Stopping Mold With Pen Torch

Turns out NandaB is lady, shown from a cutting, still waiting for a sign outside.
picture.php

Cut back NandaD to let more light to her, unlikely to finish at all but I will give her all the help I can.
picture.php

spot1 next,

Hoots

Spot1,
picture.php

Deer fence is just over 6feet high!

Front two typhoons are about 6 feet, both got blown over by NW winds but are growing fine again, good comparison for size with the jungli cross,
picture.php

Some of Mandala#1 x Garwhali jungli,
picture.php

One of the front typhoons is very purple but only just starting,
picture.php

Lovely to see a few seeds forming on the very green typhoon,
picture.php

This is the earliest typhoon now about 7 feet,
picture.php

Doing really well and still no sign of mold,
picture.php

I have treated this year as a practice run with no expectations at all for a final harvest but now I can see resin and buds forming well........

Don't think there will be any great yields but last year October was a good very dry month so fingers crossed.

picture.php

:smoke:

Hoots

Well I think I spoke to soon!!

A week of rain in all its many forms, no real wind from the hurricane but driving heavy rain, light constant rain and damp misty spray has left the ground water logged and the plants soaked.

The lads trick with the wee gas torch works a treat and the mold is almost under control on the pink pistiled typhoon and only wee bits have appeared on the others.

But the early typhoon from spot 1 was molding to quick. What I removed one day the same amount was molding elsewhere the next day so I harvested the plant early.

Quite good fun getting the plant back whole to the house as I quite fancied the idea of the photo of her hanging in the shed!

She needed a few weeks more but some bud I rescued from the pink typhoon a week or two ago smokes quite nice so I think there will be a smoke in her.

Lovely smell of gorgeous resin from her, dried the best buds for ganja and the the rest minus the mold frozen for hash.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I know she needed longer but seeing her hanging like that has made my year:jump:

Fantastic:)

rocket high

Veteran
Ace work Hoots .... those plants put mine in the shade. My grow is pants none are bigger than a meter and a half tall... total pish'

im planning for next year already, its got to be better than this years disaster.

you doing a smoke report on the Typhoon Hoots ?

Hoots

Hi rocket,

Aye the cogs are turning on next years plans alright, big learning curve this year but good to put thought into action:)

There will be a smoke report once they have dried and cured initial smokes of quick dried stuff has surprised me as the last two weeks were hardly what they needed.

Nice fresh taste and a clear rushy high that is really tickling the right spots. Perfect for the day and getting things done, looking forward to them having a bit of a cure and it will be interesting to see the variation between plants.

Couldn't see them over the weekend so saw them on monday when these photos were taken.

The typhoon I harvested the other day had alot of mold hiding in it so when I saw this on monday it was time to harvest,
picture.php

Ground, air, stalks and buds were just saturated with water and mold was appearing on most of them.

Very pleased though that none were as bad as the first and once trimmed there was not to much wasted.

Luck of the draw, if the last two weeks were better it could have been bumper times.

Most importantly though is that each seems to have some ripe seeds, and the smoke seems good and they seem to like Scotland, so,

LONG LIVE THE TYPHOON
:rtfo::party::jump::hotbounce

Photos next,

Hoots

Spot 1,

Just before harvest, now just the Garwhali cross left,
picture.php

Two of the Tys from here,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And at spot2,
picture.php

Probably the most resinous of the typhoons and has the most 'indica' leaves of them.

Here's the one with pink pistils,
picture.php

And why she had to be harvested, you can see the water standing on her,
picture.php

Fey turned a lovely colour in the cold but had signs of mold too, have a cutting of her flowering inside so it will be fine to compare smokes,
picture.php

picture.php

Wet, Wet, Wet,
picture.php

So now they are gone and a shame it is to, the magic they brought to the woods is slowly dissipating, Ha roll on next year.

However one typhoon has shown no signs of mold and is the one I expected to mold first and so she lives on, hard to tell but shes flowering away quite the thing under there,
picture.php

Lots of umbrellas,
picture.php

So now its down to the Mandala#1 x Garwhali jungli cross,
picture.php

They were just starting to flower before the floods which has put them back but are getting going again so it will all depend on October. We shall see.

The nanda female hasn't shown outside yet so I figure she will be ready early December, Mmmmmmmmm..........

Journey well typhoons,
:tiphat:
picture.php

:plant grow:

smrk

Hello. I run typhoons to. Spot on: molding from the internode inside. I have the same problem i also chooped 3/4 of the plant bigger buds 3 days ago. Left overs i will try to let as long as they go. My problem is they don't get sun till 12-2pm. Thisyear most of the september is sunny as ever, but plants are weet in the morning like it would rain... In the end i lost to mold maybe a bud or 2, beacouse i can afford daily inspecion..

Other pheno was chopped from 8-15 of september had zero mold.Has nice big buds :) BUSHY plant :) high sometimes fells like floating on an ocean with no wings my sister agrees :D

Cookies are gud to :) A lot of positive energy from this strain :D

Very nice plants big and green you have best of luck:tiphat:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I loved the show this season. The Typhoons look fantastic even if they do look to be some work trimming!

Just a bit of a language barrier here, what does "fey" mean?

rocket high

Veteran
Well Hoots it looks like your first attempt of outdoor growing has been an astounding success ...a lot better than mine on all levels. Do you think the Nanda female will get to finish this year it'll be good to see if she does :biggrin:

Mold is the scourge of us UK growers ... i have one GGXDP that is totally mold free while its sister was molding quite badly ,im hoping the mold free one has seeded from the big male that was quite close but that isn't always a guarantee. The rain brings down pollination levels quite dramatically. The others are about 2 weeks into budding so im hoping its a late October harvest for the rest ... :)

Big Eggy

Veteran
Rocket i've been snooping at your latest pics and you'v got some lovely looking plants.. I think between you and hoots we'll have some great strains/crosses in the years to come.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Fromm Hoot's fist post on this thread:
It is with great thanks to the Danish, Scottish and Scandinavian growers on this site and there diaries that have inspired me to have ago.

I thank them all the time too! Their experiences have helped me get healthy early crops (and a dazed and confused missus...but that's another story)

Nice grow, Hoots.

Hoots

Hello. I run typhoons to. Spot on: molding from the internode inside. I have the same problem i also chooped 3/4 of the plant bigger buds 3 days ago. Left overs i will try to let as long as they go. My problem is they don't get sun till 12-2pm. Thisyear most of the september is sunny as ever, but plants are weet in the morning like it would rain... In the end i lost to mold maybe a bud or 2, beacouse i can afford daily inspecion..

Other pheno was chopped from 8-15 of september had zero mold.Has nice big buds :) BUSHY plant :) high sometimes fells like floating on an ocean with no wings my sister agrees :D

Cookies are gud to :) A lot of positive energy from this strain :D

Very nice plants big and green you have best of luck:tiphat:
:jump:TYPHOONS:jump:
Just the best plants.

As you say alot of positive energy and they seem to grow through anything!

From the wee smoke test I've done they are just lovely, up and exciting and you can see the sparks dancing in peoples eyes when they take a first toke or two- very fresh and sweet.

Given a warm sunny september to finish I think they would be really something. And what a fine looking plant to eh!

Glad you got a good harvest, it's a shame I didn't have another similar strain to compare next to them to see how resistant they were to mold as it's hard to imagine any plant holding up to the two weeks of drenching they got.

Good wishes for your next grow.
:tiphat:

Fromm Hoot's fist post on this thread:

I thank them all the time too! Their experiences have helped me get healthy early crops (and a dazed and confused missus...but that's another story)

Nice grow, Hoots.

Looking through grow diaries constantly inspires me, amazing the energy people put in and the results they get in often extreme growing situations.

And being quite new to this, the good will expressed among growers is heartwarming- a rare enough thing in these times!

I loved the show this season. The Typhoons look fantastic even if they do look to be some work trimming!

Just a bit of a language barrier here, what does "fey" mean?

Aye they really take 'leafy' to a whole new meaning:)

Fey is a good celtic word that suggests having something of the other about a thing, something of the inbetween places where the old ones live.

But where as some can have the glamour and sparkle of Tir Na Nog(the land of eternal youth) others have a quieter, almost melacholy air, you'll have seen a fey child no doubt, one who likes to wander on there own and seem to drift off to the dreaming with no care for this world but always with a slight feeling of the sadness around them.

Well that was the feeling that one of the typhoons gave me and so she was named. Funnily enough, unlike the other typhoons she tastes of really strong Blackcurrant!

Well Hoots it looks like your first attempt of outdoor growing has been an astounding success ...a lot better than mine on all levels. Do you think the Nanda female will get to finish this year it'll be good to see if she does :biggrin:

Mold is the scourge of us UK growers ... i have one GGXDP that is totally mold free while its sister was molding quite badly ,im hoping the mold free one has seeded from the big male that was quite close but that isn't always a guarantee. The rain brings down pollination levels quite dramatically. The others are about 2 weeks into budding so im hoping its a late October harvest for the rest ... :)

Cheers Rocket, it's gone better than I could have dreamed of, and its not over yet!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nanda in the snow because at this rate it will be into december before she might be ready:skiiing:

Checked the jungli X M#1 cross early this morning and they are still growing taller. Just started flowering and one has already got resin forming on there leaves.

I have cuttings from each of the four flowering inside, much more resin than the parents, some have the junglis very wild flowering fronds and the others a more fatter bud shape. They are coming on quick inside so this gives me some hope.
picture.php

picture.php

Really looking forward to seeing them doing anything like this outside:)

I think we both need a good month ahead Rocket, but some bastards today were telling of snow on the high ground by the weekend, surely they were meaning sunshine on the hillsides- in fact I'm sure that's what they said.

:wave:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
And being quite new to this, the good will expressed among growers is heartwarming- a rare enough thing in these times!

I used to frequent political forums. This place is heaven.

But where as some can have the glamour and sparkle of Tir Na Nog(the land of eternal youth) others have a quieter, almost melacholy air, you'll have seen a fey child no doubt, one who likes to wander on there own and seem to drift off to the dreaming with no care for this world but always with a slight feeling of the sadness around them.

I simply must travel to Scotland some day -- preferably that lone warm summer day.