What's new

First Indoor Grow Pics

tokinjoe

Hey Bonzo, thanks for stopping by bro. If the Good Lord lets me live til then, I'll have plenty of pics. Hopefully the bugs will let me harvest this year. We'll see...Peace. :canabis: TJ

Rellikbuzz

Ahhh yes, another newbie like myself givin' it a go!! A big :yes: to you, my brotha! The NL x BB looks nice and healthy. I am glad to see you are having better luck with the AK than I did!

Tell us a little bit about your setup (watts, nutes, medium used, etc). That is always interesting to see what everyone uses to have success with their plants like you are. How long will you veg your plants before flipping?

Everything looks great so far, bro! I'll definitely be checking in from time to time to see how things are going. BTW, thanks alot for stopping by my thread. We "newbs" need to support each other as we grow towards our goal of sacred buds! Keep it up, my man!! :friends:

tokinjoe

Hey Relik, thanks for stopping by my brotha!! The big bud x northern lights is definately a strain that seems to love the nutes and is a robust plant for sure. Ditto on the AK. It's finicky as hell with just about everything, nutes, light and I suspect, humidity. From what I hear, once you get the AK to finish, the end product is worth all the trouble though.

I guess I did leave some holes in this thread as to what I'm using so I'll try and fill in the blanks...First of all, this is a vegetative-only grow as my agreement with my safehouse owner is that once they are ready for outdoor planting, they go outside and the light comes down...I started these plants before I got my light in a seedling medium he already had. Not sure of the brand...I transplanted into Miracle-Gro soil at around 2 weeks after my light finally came..The room is 6x8, ceiling height 7 ft. I'm using a 400MH for this grow and for now have them on a 24/0 regimen. My temps are staying pegged at 68 degrees and my humidity is a little low at around 38%. My intention is to clone the AK and the most robust bbxnl for outdoors. I'm also going to try some Spice Brothers femmed seed, prolly the Green giant x Northern Lights or the Green Giant x Manatuska Thunderfuck (i think i got that right). I've heard very good things about their femmed seeds not failing and a friend on another site highly recommends Spice Bro's. He's tried their seed and has had fantastic results.

I water my plants as needed, usually around every fourth day and am not giving any ferts for a while due to the MG soil having plenty. My intention is to get these ladies to around 2 ft or so in height and put them outdoors to grow. I'll switch to 16/8 on my lights before putting them outside so they won't immediately flower. That may change, I'm planning to check with a few guys, prolly Wolfshadow before doing so. I want them to continue vegging outdoors until they flower by the natural sunlight. With 20 females going outside this year, I should have a hell of a harvest..My goal is 5 lbs, or, 1/4 lb per plant. I should be able to do that...I think that's it, hope I didn't forget anything...

Rellikbuzz

Hey TJ - Sounds like a good plan to me. Just be aware (and you should check with Hooked On Grown about this, as he is agressively growing outdoors after vegging indoors) that even though you are putting the plants outside with the intention of vegging further, the reduced length of daylight, as compared to the 24/0 or 16/8 that you intend to reduce to, will still cause them to flower. You won't have to wait until fall for harvest. If you put them outdoors say in April or May the plants will probably be ready in June or July. Hell, the longest of days is still only 14 or 15 hours of light. This isn't a bad thing of course and that's how Hooked On Grown (HOG) is doing it.

You can also expedite the bloom outdoors by covering them will black trash bags for part of the day so that they only get 10 or 12 hours of light. This is a practice that a lot of outdoor growers have used so they can get multiple harvests during the long season. PM HOG and ask him about this. He is a wonderful resource for all kinds of information but this is certainly right up his alley anyway. Good luck, bro and I'll be watching this one til the finish!!

Rellikbuzz

Oh, BTW, on the feminized seeds . . . just be careful as they reportedly have a tendency to go hermie late in bloom. Just remember that feminized seeds come from females that were induced to be hermaphroditic. While some growers have had good luck with femmed seeds, a lot of other growers have been plagued with lots of hermies that have ruined their crops. My fingers are crossed for ya, brotha and I wish you the best of luck with them!

tokinjoe

I hear ya on the femmed seeds bro. I'm definately going to try them, but they will not dominate my garden and my grow will not be based on them. I'm going to flower out the mothers to be sure of no hermies...As for the light, I really don't want early buds, I'm willing to let that 5 ft early plant grow into a 10-12 ft monster. Last year I watched my friend take an unknown strain I grow every year from indoors starting 24/0, to flipping to 12/12. He then on a whim decided to put one of them outside after it had been on 12/12 for a week and a half and it grew into the biggest plant I've seen out of this strain yet. HOG would even have been damn proud to have claimed that one. There was no wilt, just vegged on 24/0 for 3-4 weeks, flipped to 12/12 for 1 1/2 weeks, straight outside and holy shit what a plant...

G

TokinJoe Keep up the good work bro. Very uplifting to hear so much good about the Nl/BB strain. I just recieved that same strain , female seeds at that. I am waiting for this darn AmnesiaHaze to finish before I can start. I sure Hope the haze is all I hear it to be. Peace bro

tokinjoe

Here are my big bud x northern lights at the end of 4 weeks vegging and they are still going strong. These plants just grow and grow. The stems are all very big making for a very stout plant. I have to say I'm impressed with the way these ladies are turning out. One is showing a few hairs already. If it will ever warm up these are going to be the first to go out this year. With the way they have grown indoors I'm definately going to have to tie them down LST style.

immortal

Great Lookin plants man. Sounds like your gonna have some huge ass bitches on your hands. Gimme a ring if ya need a hand keepin em in line. Sorry im so late, I know I told ya id be stoppin by a while back. Anyways Good Luck man.

tokinjoe

Here are two purple AK's that I'm growing. Something is going on with them that I can't quite figure out. They've been thru the same nutes, soil etc. as the big bud but they are just not doing as well. The newer leaves are light yellow and aren't darkening. I have to wonder if it's nute lockup caused by low PH. I've looked for litmus paper but can't find any. I'm going to order a PH pen to be sure. I've flushed them so we'll see.

tokinjoe

Thanks for stopping by Immortal. These pics I take don't do these bbxnl any justice at all. I haven't quite learned how to capture their true beauty and size yet. They will be my earliest plants to go out this year. Then I think I'm going to go with Taskenti and maybe some SK1. I've changed my mind a hundred times as to what I'm going with this year. I've got time to change it again I guess...lol

tokinjoe

Sickly looking AK. Notice all the new leaves turning yellow. They just don't seem to darken after they emerge. I've flushed the soil so we'll see what happens. If they don't perk up after a while I'm going to trash them. I'll need all the room I can get coming up..

tokinjoe

Group picture, 3 ak's, 4 bb x nl and a cinnamon clone back right.

3469ganja-thumb.jpg
[/IMG]

tokinjoe

here are the big big bud X northern lights mothers at 5 weeks . They are almost ready to take cuttings off of to go outdoors. The stockyness and vigorous growth of these continue to impress me.

Rellikbuzz

Hey TJ - Before you throw in the towel on your AK, I thought I would send you a link to the FAQ section on Overgrow. I know, I know OG sucks but is a good resource for instances like this.

If you look about halfway down on this page under "Iron", you will see a plant that looks a bit similar to your AK. Although it doesn't appear to be as bad as in the pics, your AK is showing interveinial chlorosis (yellowing leaves with green veining on the new growth) on the upper leaves. Originally I thought this might be a magnesium deficiency but that always appears on lower leaves first. With an Iron deficiency, the yellowing and chlorosis appears on the upper leaves and new growth.

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1382

Another section of the FAQ's says the following about treating an Iron (fe) deficiency. It mentions that too high of a PH can cause a lockout of Iron (fe)and should be dropped to around 6.5. Here's the rest of what it says.

From Overgrow FAQ section:

Iron - Fe is unavailable to plants when the pH of the water or soil is too high. If deficient, lower the pH to about 6.5 (for rockwool, about 5.7), and check that you're not adding too much P, which can lock up Fe. Use iron that's chelated for maximum availability. Read your fertilizer's ingredients - chelated iron might read something like "iron EDTA". To much Fe without adding enough P can cause a P-deficiency.

Thought this might help before you chop her down. Good luck, bro!!

Bonzo

Veteran
Those look like some happy plants TJ, cant wait to see thier offspring outdoors! peace, Bonzo.

EcoNepenthe

Lookin Good!!

Lookin Good!!

Xcellent grow ya got goin. Really nice lookin pics.

Success w/ya grow!!
Stay safe.

Eco

Watch em grow!!! :canabis: