What's new

First indoor grow 250w hps Nirvana Bubblelicious

reckon

MORE VENTILATION!

airflow is like land, money or torque in a V8,...you can never have enough!

:D

your setup is awesomely stealthy, I really like the whole idea, but I think you need to increase your airflow by about 400%

temp inside the cab should be no more than 80 degrees, and about 40-50% RH,...and there's NO way your going to get there with that light and those fans when the door is closed

Chronic777

Its a lovely setup, but you gotta invest in a proper intake & extract fan or some cfl's, if i was you i'd go with the cfls with that amount of space, or some very strong fans, also you want the intake at the bottom, cool air is always on the floor so thats where you wanna take it in from, with that setup the air at the bottom (near roots & leaves) will be stagnant, also you should have a carbon filter.

It may be annoying after setting everything up to change it but its worth doing it now, when you got seedlings you dont need much airflow, but when they got some leaves you need airflow or they're gonna suffocate, i did almost the exact same thing you did there (intake pc fan) & had to change it round last minute buying a proper intake, be prepared for that at least, put some cash aside...

Without adequate cool air dude your plants will fry, your using an HPS lamp in a box the size of a safe. Lose the comp. fan. Get an inline duct fan 4" put it on the bottom and and equal exhaust on top and may want to have some sort of cooling supply not sure what on something this small. I would have built it taller by a at least a foot. Love to see the end results.

Have to agree with Skunkmiester and the others on this one... I had a cab about the same size with only a 150w and much more ventilation than you have, and it got hotter than balls. Like pain in the ass, check on it every 20 minutes hot. Not saying your won't stay cool but have a back up plan ready. I love the cab though. Also, I veg with HPS and as long as you have good genetics to work with they will never turn down extra light.....good luck and I'll stick around to see the progress dude.

Have to agree with Skunkmiester and the others on this one... I had a cab about the same size with only a 150w and much more ventilation than you have, and it got hotter than balls. Like pain in the ass, check on it every 20 minutes hot. Not saying your won't stay cool but have a back up plan ready. I love the cab though. Also, I veg with HPS and as long as you have good genetics to work with they will never turn down extra light.....good luck and I'll stick around to see the progress dude.

Thank You BCY.....from what I can think of, this is guuna be impossible. I don't think there is a cooling system that is small and efficient enough to cool a 250w light in a box that small. Also bro if you try to move enough air in there to cool it, it will damage your plant/s. And lets say you do pull this off some way, you will more than likely harvest a very little if anything and the quality will be less than favorable. But again dude good luck, and I look forward to your progress.

I say if you got it all set up and ready to run, plug that shit in. Give it a go and check to monitor all conditions. give it a day or two to see if it can maintain the climate you want, if not you have some changes to make. I hear you can put a wet table cloth in to simulate plant life to get an idea... my first cab became my drying cab with no changes other than ditching the light, running my fan on low instead of medium and adding drying lines, so not everything goes as planned the first time. if your seeds have not sprouted yet you still have time to figure all this out before a problem makes you lose crop....

23. Februar. temperaturer is around 24. when i watered the pots the temprature was at 18-20 for 2 days, but now its 24. All 10 plants sprouted, i keept the 8 fastest. So 8 plants growing in the box right now, but i will reduce when the space becomes a problem.

8 pots get a mix of leca stones in the bottom for drain, and some soil on top.

8 small plants in the box.

close up.

B

bcell

Looking good. I am also growing Nirvana Bubblicios under 250 HPS with soil. Looks Like I am only a little behind. 100% germination as well. I am running 8 plants. We will have to share notes - especially the smoke report. :)

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
The leaves looks a little yellow and curvy, any idea what that could bee, maybe over watering?

That would be heat stress from not having enough ventilation and air movement like everyone has been telling you. You don't seem to be taking anyone's advice so you will continue to have problems until you stop being stubborn and listen to what people are telling you. Or you can continue on your path and find out the hard way.

F

fully baked

0511-0904-2103-2648_Man_Toiling_in_a_Garden_Under_the_Hot_Sun_clipart_image.jpg

DankSide

nothing wrong with starting a plant under an hps, the sun is so many times stronger.
Might be something wrong however with starting seeds in an improperly ventilated cab under an hps.

Make a few extra holes on the intake a lot lower, you generally want more passive intake outlets than exhaust.

I know that Denmark stays pretty chilly, so its not so much your temperatures that I worry about as your rate of clean airflow to the plants, it will hurt you in flower.

B

bcell

Nice and healthy. Lookign good. When do you think you will flower?