What's new

First Grow, Tent, AutoFlowers, LEDs and CFLs

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not enough light...switching from indoor to outdoor back to indoor probably will attract buds, over fertilizing...all newbie mistakes.

Read up on auto forums regarding growing...learn from your experiences.

TracerChris

AB

AB

AB - thanks, You have mis-read or did not read all the posts.

Lights - currently I have 2 autos under 325 watts. is that too little? Also I am not going for big buds so that's maybe were your coming from? but I never said " aww man why aren't these buds bigger?" I could obviously put a HPS up in there and kill it. However, I'm going for a high quality terpene profile. The CFLs were affordable and the LED was lent to me from a friend. HID bulbs would be better of course but again the energy out-put, the heat, and ballast are all more than I wanted to deal with. As I mentioned earlier this is temporary so the tent will be coming down next week. Under the wattage right now things are looking great and smelling great. I'll post a pic soon so you can judge for yourself.

Indoor/Outdoor/Indoor-

I started them outside then brought them in due to the fact that I live in a neighborhood were stealing is an everyday fact. Once they could be Id'ed by people I took them in. Agreed that outdoors to indoors is not the best idea because you could attract "bugs" which I think is what you meant? However bugs never were an issue.... because of the small number of plants I have them on lock. I want to promote biodiversity in the rhizosphere and I think I have achieved that through the compost teas. If the bugs were to start munching the plant would send VOCs out that would attract predatory bugs which would keep them in check.

Fertilizer --- I never fertilized with anything... Period. I never fed the plant. I fed the ecosystem surrounding the rhizosphere which is different. Learning from this is the idea and experience is a great teacher. The sour blueberry (not an AF) I pulled down looks and smells great! Feeding the ecosystem and not the plant is one idea I will be keeping.

Latest posts

Latest posts