What's new

First Grow, Tent, AutoFlowers, LEDs and CFLs

TracerChris

How hot does it get during the day up there? It's been around 30 here and probably going to get a fair bit hotter through the end of July. So I'll probably take all of mine inside within the next couple weeks.

I will keep the male unless I find another that looks better and the same strain. I was hoping for an Aztec and Lemon Rose, but it think they are all emerald wonder/ew skunk . my hope now is for a couple nice rainbow skunk females too.

The heat is not that big of an issue unless you are not able to water your plants every couple days, or a light spritz everyday. They dry out very fast here. It was 31° C when I was watering today. It can get hotter, but 30s is normally as hot as it gets with mid-high 30s being rare. I have only ever had problems with not enough water. Maybe get a lean of some sort to put the plants under to block where the sun hits midday.

TracerChris

The emerald wonder is something I am going to try do as soon as I can. I can't wait get back up to buy some seeds. I love that taste of Hawaiin/afghan/thai. So it Sounds like you'll end up with some nice pollen, to me at least. Around here its supposed to get up to 41 next week so my autos outside might come inside for good pretty soon here. My landlord keeps switching the sprinklers around here which is driving me crazy cause mine got doused earlier today. Also moving mine everyday to avoid the sprinklers is a huge pain in my ass. I just wanted them to develop a bit before they crowded my tent.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Looking great so far, those stems are looking thick!

��Nice job Bro.Dont know how I missed this thread because I've been going through a bunch trying to learn a little about Auto's, so I'll be droppin in to see how They turn out for you"""•=I have some that I've never tryed Germ'n and a few have been in the Collection for a bit now, so I'm going to give them a Whirl.Good luck Bro,but I don't think you will be needing it.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed.����

TracerChris

Thanks FMD, I've still so much to learn so hopefully I can try to share some of it with you all as I document my grow. Moving my plants around has proven a huge pain in my ass recently. With a heat wave on the way and the sprinklers going on twice a day, most of my outdoor autos have come inside. This required a bit of tinkering and a trip to the general store but I think it came out pretty nicely.

TracerChris

Here's what It looked like as of yesterday
picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61614&pictureid=1457624
The two on the left are EWS, the middle two are Feminised CandyCane, and the flowering plant to the right is the BlueBerry x Sour D

TracerChris

I needed to move my bb x sd out of the tent yesterday in order to clean and install lighting and an intake fan. I decided to snap a photo with lighter to give it some perspective. This was taken at day 21 of flowering.
picture.php

TracerChris

FMD, this is my set-up at the moment for gathering kif. I've got a box with a 203 micron screen in it. My buddy just told me about static tech and how to clean up my kif so I can get full-melt. I still need to do my research, but I'm curious if you have any pointers on where to get started? Some of the Youtube videos are so poorly edited (more than an hour long) that I haven't had the time to sift through them (no pun intended) and find the golden nuggets of info.
picture.php

TracerChris

Here's a close up on what the 203 catches after about a 1 minute shake of some pretty low grade bud that's been ground up.
picture.php

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Nice.Nothing like some FullMelt Kif..Taste is awesome.(Strain dependent)🌱I just got a BubbleBox and get some nice Resin. I'm new to Autos cuz to Me it always seemed gimmicky and I was wrong also thinking they wouldn't be hard hitting and low yielding.Ive seen some Plants here that People love and By the looks of some,with good reason.Cant wait to see how they workout with having to move 'em around .Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed🍀🍁

TracerChris

Thanks FMD, Yeah I've heard a lot of people complaining about autoflowers because you have to be careful to avoid stressing them out too much. I was worried that I was moving my around too much but the ones that are still alive seem to be handling it just fine. I think I lost only 2 of my EWS and a lot of that I attribute to not knowing about the midnight sprinklers... and lack of attention to detail on my part. Oh well, that's the way she goes, I have no idea what they'll yield but I'm sure it could have been better if I would have never put them outside.

skip the autos and fems, and polyhybrids if you can but thats just my opinion. Good luck!

TracerChris

thanks 184481, but the hybrid I got for free from a friend and it was a month into veg so all I had to do was flip the lights. And the autos suited the time frame that I needed in order to Harvest before I head back to Vancouver. In the future I will be sticking to tried and true photos like a Kush or something along those lines. I could honestly care less about yields because I'm growing for oil production in order to maximize my terpene profiles. Not oil production in the sense that I will be making oil, instead I just plan on vaping most of it. And making a dry sift with the trim. Been steadily stepping away from dabs one day at a time.

Right on man. Dont trust the guy at the hydrostore either. HEAR ME!??? do not trust him. Best advice is to learn organics (no bottled nutes or chemicals) and do things the easy way. Dont fight nature, it's much easier to work with it. Have you heard of light dep?

Hey brother i really need to reach 50 posts.... do you mind if i make a bunch of posts with some decent info scattered about? you're lucky to have found icmag while you're just starting out. I wish i had...:biggrin:

The soil food web is something worth learning about. "teaming with microbes" is a great book to pick up.

TracerChris

I don't see why not, Yeah I've had a change of heart recently. My co-worker is an all organic guy who has taken me under his wing to show me the joys of working with soil. I'm actually studying soil science for my undergrad so the soil food web is actually something that has been hammered into me for the last 3 years. http://wiki.ubc.ca/Course:APBI200 One of my favorite classes with my favorite instructor at UBC.

TracerChris

I'll post pics later of my compost tea recipe that my buddy gave me. The results on his plants speak for themselves and have made me a complete believer in the holistic approach to growing. His motto is "feed the soil (microbes) not plant." He had a 12% by weight terpene profile. Meaning 12% of his bud was terpenes... With a whooping 24% THC. I mean this stuff splits my dome wide open. I need a half bowl and I'm floored. This coming from a guy who has smoked nearly everyday since I was 13 (not recommending this to anyone, just saying). I thought my tolerance was high but instead what I've learned is that the terpenes play a critical role into the potency of your bud. For example beta myrcene can make a bud feel more potent because it opens your blood vessels up, allowing a greater uptake of THC while you're ingesting it. My buddy has been using the same soil for 8 years and amends it every year with compost and a few organic additives like bone meal and such. He's got a bunch of strains and they all are grown the same way, he never uses ferts just water until the last 4 weeks in which he uses this compost tea recipe I'll be posting about.

Latest posts

Latest posts