Attachments

• Coke&Smile.jpg
    Coke&Smile.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 15
  • SnuggleBuds.jpg
    SnuggleBuds.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 15

MHBGuy

So Ravnus looking like it might be a cull. No progress in 6 days. Saw SG mention on the Minions thread that fungus gnat larvae could get in the stem of seedlings. Maybe the problem here, never seen one come up, stand firm and go no where. Strange. Putting it on 18/6 and just CFL for a few days to see if it can gather itself.

Goblin King came up one day later and looks fabulous and Kraken, the day after that and is pushing out some gnarly looking first true leaves.

Attachments

• RavnusD6.jpg
    RavnusD6.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 14
  • GobKingD5.jpg
    GobKingD5.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 12
  • KrackenD4.jpg
    KrackenD4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
if it's not doing anything it's prolly too moist. just let it dry out for a few days. it's either gonna start growing or die...but those were your odds before so you don't have anything to lose.

Former Guest

Captn Jacks foliar for spinosad which if I remember right, has some systemic properties. Dry it out some before you water next and if you have neem, use that when you water.

MHBGuy

Won't kill it, and a spritz of Spin couldn't hurt.

Maybe Ravnus is a strain that favors, or this plant in particular favors, exceedingly dry conditions. We shall see where it goes.

MHBGuy

Ravnus cometh and ravnus goeth

So after 1 day of excitement and 9 days of disappointment with this Ravnus seedling I pulled the plug last night.

Attachments

• Jan13.jpg
    Jan13.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 14

MHBGuy

Care has been identical to all of these seedlings and for whatever reason, the Ravnus pulled a hami right out of the starting gate. I crawled over it with a scope and find no sign of bugs. Leaves just kind of went brown at the edges and never restarted.

Really started giving me the heebie jeebies that it had some funk it might pass along to the others. Will have to try again with Ravnus down the line, but for now there are two.

Attachments

• Krakend8.jpg
    Krakend8.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14
  • GoblinKingd9.jpg
    GoblinKingd9.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16

MHBGuy

Just did a post mortem on the pot. Not much root to speak of even in the peat pot. Would seem odd to have critters in a brand new peat pellet munching roots. Guessing it was just a "failure to thrive" scenario. Either that or I drowned it, but doesn't make much sense considering the others are doing fine.

MHBGuy

Photo update: D14 on Goblin King, D13 for Kraken

Kracken developed interesting leaves so far. Looks like a butterfly

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
  • GoblinKingd14.jpg
    GoblinKingd14.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 15
  • KrackenButterflyd13.jpg
    KrackenButterflyd13.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 17

Former Guest

that goblin king is really growing! looking good MHBGuy!! :woohoo:

I really loved that light warrior coco for germinating them. the water goes right through em and you can bottom feed with wicking action. had some calcium issues so next time I am going to charge it with cal/mag.

MHBGuy

that goblin king is really growing! looking good MHBGuy!! :woohoo:

I really loved that light warrior coco for germinating them. the water goes right through em and you can bottom feed with wicking action. had some calcium issues so next time I am going to charge it with cal/mag.

This is OF with a ton of perlite mixed in, but same effect with drainage and wicking. I apply water 99% of the time with a sprayer. If you use a gallon jug it runs right through.

Couple shots of a pretty lady:

Attachments

• Flowers.jpg
    Flowers.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 14
  • snw7.jpg
    snw7.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Latest posts