What's new

First Grow of 2015!

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I found these roots to look at... kinda animal like in how they slow when they find a rich spot in the soil...

[YOUTUBEIF]eDA8rmUP5ZM[/YOUTUBEIF]

MHBGuy

kinda animal like in how they slow when they find a rich spot in the soil...

Yeah, both above and below soil level there is a lot more "animation" to plants than meets the eye in our perception of time.

Cool video.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagging in.... :lurk:
I have a small mom of ravnus in veg now, just got first clone off of her.... will share pics here when there is something to see :D
looking forward to what she does for you, MHBG

MHBGuy

tagging in....
I have a small mom of ravnus in veg now, just got first clone off of her....

Hey, Avi, Thanks for checking in.

Look forward to seeing it your Ravnus. I picked up some cloning gel yesterday after a friend pointed out the importance growing quality clones ;)

will share pics here when there is something to see :D

Gonna be tap dancing here for a while also, if it gets slow I may have to fill the gaps with my favorite Twin Peaks waitresses :laughing:

MHBGuy

Goblin King made it two.

Attachments

• GoblinKing.jpg
    GoblinKing.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

MHBGuy

All in their places...

Attachments

• SunshineyFaces.jpg
    SunshineyFaces.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Ravnusd3.jpg
    Ravnusd3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 17
  • GoblinKingday2.jpg
    GoblinKingday2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 26
  • Krakenday1.jpg
    Krakenday1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 20

MHBGuy

Not the lighting. It's the Ravnus. Came up a pale yellow.

Can't say I have ever seen one like it before. Could be too much water, but it's gotten the same treatment pretty much every seed I have grown has, both cannabis and non-cannabis. It has actually greened up considerably from where it began.

Former Guest

when you overwater, you make nitrogen less available to the plant. soggy soils = yellowing lime green girls. it has a fancy name like nitrification or something....stoned and it escapes me. I bet you those pucks hold a ton of water. I was just curious as you don't want them to yellow or else they can die :cry:

**no seed expert though

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
lol you're kidding right? they just popped. they are always pale until they've absorbed some light and started to grow their roots out.

MHBGuy

lol you're kidding right? they just popped. they are always pale until they've absorbed some light and started to grow their roots out.

Have seen pale before, but this was almost as yellow as a smiley face! I suspect it is a genetic trait as nutrition at this point comes from cotyledons. It's not impossible, but harder to overwater when humidity is at 20%.

BongHits, do you really pee on your flowers? :yoinks:

Last edited:

MHBGuy

Photo update

Ravnus was first to break soil, but moving a bit slow compared to the Goblin King. Cotyledons on the Ravnus are disproportionate and the small one looks rather lethargic.

Goblin King was second out of the ground and is off to the races. Kraken was the last one up and still pretty tiny at this point.
All still getting their legs under them.

Neglected to mention lighting at the start. They are under my 400w HPS 12 hours and then under a couple of 6500K CFLs by night.

Attachments

• RavnusD5.jpg
    RavnusD5.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 17
  • GoblinKindD4.jpg
    GoblinKindD4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 18
  • KrakenD3.jpg
    KrakenD3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 19