What's new

First grow in 10 years.

papaduc

Veteran
Very nice. Pistils look nice and white as well, which is a good sign that they haven't been pollinated.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Nice. I have found a few( I would say about 8-12) brown hairs on my two lowest bud tops. Doesnt look like the nanners were able to do much damage, must've found them just in the knick of time.

Smells sooooo sweet and like strawberriers right now. SHit puts the biggest grin on my face. Think I might actually hold onto one clone just in case it turns out to be some super fire. I can deal with a couple nanners. Gonna keep things really small for awhile, simply dont have the space to do what I'd like to do right now.
All in due time though.
:canabis:

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Figured out a way to keep my plant slightly elevated above the drain pan. It's a part from my drum kit that I took apart. Makes catching the run off and disposing of it so much easier than before. No more lifting the 30+ pound pot every night. Its awkward as shit to do and was just a pain in the ass. Now I just sit and watch the pan fill up, then replace with another one. Quick and clean.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Plants doing well still, been feeding her everyday and she seems to be loving it. No burn or anything, just a few tips slightly yellowing.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Filling in really nice. I can't wait to see what kind of yield I get off her. On day 35 right now, 4 -5 weeks left I suppose.
About when should the pistils start to die and turn reddish brown? Figured right about now some would start to but not sure if that wouldnt really happen for a week or two.
And as far as for harvest, what should I look for as a sign to start flushing and get ready for harvest? I know you're looking for some amber trichomes, but not sure what the ratio is about and just how amber they should be. Gonna get a little jewelers thing when the time comes.

Attachments

• IMAG0722.jpg
    IMAG0722.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0724.jpg
    IMAG0724.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0726.jpg
    IMAG0726.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0727.jpg
    IMAG0727.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 10

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
same thing as before. Its barely even noticable, it's just the very tip of the tip. Everything is looking very lush. I just stepped the KoolBloom up to 2.5mL today as per the feed schedule I"ve been using. total ppms were 725, so an EC of about 1.5.

Wasn't planning on starting to the flush until day 56, but not sure when exactly I should(was thinking might need to wait until day 63. 56 is what my feed schedule recomends). Not sure how long the Banner usually takes to flower. heard 8-10 maybe but not sure. thats a pretty standard number.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Great idea with those drum parts.
Thanks man! I was scratching my head for a few days trying to plan out something to build that would work. Found that stand laying in the closet and it was good to go. Just had to take out the rod in the center and it was absolutely perfect.

Plant is just doing great now, thank you all so much for the input. If it weren't for you guys I'd still be playing the guessing game with the shaker test for my pH (not trying to knock it, its a great double check. I just cannot ever see the yellow 6.0. I swear it always went from 4.0 to 6.5 for me somehow. Fucked up eyes I guess...).

I thought I had at least an idea on how to grow from my previous experiences, but I've really learned just how ignorant I was.

Thank God there's a place like this. I have learned so much in just the past 3 months, more than I ever did in the years I was doing it before.

I must've been pretty used to the crappy schwag I'd get back in high school, because I used to think the stuff I grew before was bomb.. Yeah, it wasn't... Not by a mile...........

Now I finally feel I have some ability to produce some good herb. Nothing really great or spectacular yet. As long as I keep coming back to this site, and there's friendly people like all of you willing to help others, I'll never have to set foot in a damn dispensary again.
Dispensaries just aint what they used to be. Becoming more and more commercial, quality control goes out the window, and the prices go up regardless. Really glad I got into this when I did. Prices are about to go up again on some less than ideal bud here in CO with recreational.

Ah, sidetracked and havnt even smoked, wtf? Guess that's why I smoke, to slow down, chill out, and level out.

I'll post some pics here soon after I water the girl. Smellin so nice and gettin nice and fattttt. :biggrin:

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
playing around with an old camera to see if the pictures come out better than my phone. Think I need a newer cheap one.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0491-1.jpg
    PICT0491-1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PICT0491.jpg
    PICT0491.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
She was taking close to a gallon and a half every night up until I put her on the drum stand thing. That put more pressure on the bottom center of the pot changing the shape I guess, and squeezed a bit of water out. Now she's only taking 1 gallon a night to get to run off.
I've started to notice a few more red hairs here and there. Not sure if its just normal, or if its a bit of preseeding. Probably both.
I feel like she's doing really well. Hopefully I can get a better camera here soon and get some really nice shots of her.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She looks beastly shame about the herm, I think I got a rogue sour bubble on my hands as well in some fresh beans I popped. I always take cuts root em and stress test em by topping and drying out, a herm will show every time.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
how do they show when you do that, you do it in flower right? would it put out male preflowers in veg at all if you did that?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take cuts and when they root throw em in flower then fuck with em the first or second week of flowering. Used to do it with the whole plant then just reveg to make monster moms but the cuts are working better. I actually just found a rare sour bubble hermie by stress testing. Even though it is a solid strain I always stress test if I am gonna use em to make beans.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Nice man, I'll make sure to do that for sure.
She's packing on weight very well. Smell is getting even stronger and not as sweet. A bit of diesel is starting to come out.
What are the main sign you look for when determining when to flush?(I know this isnt for at least another 3 weeks)
I know the hairs should be turning (about 3/4 of them red from what I remember years ago). Want to make sure I do everything as properly as possible I can on this run to make my further ones easier and more successful.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0752.jpg
    IMAG0752.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 11

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can kinda see the plant start to ripen as the hairs turn and she starts feeding on her starches and shit, the leaf mass will seem to shrink a bit, perhaps the solar panel fans that turn toward the light and move a bit reachign up when lights on are not quite as responsive as earlier, calyxes begin to swell in faux seed/sins mode, youll have that gut feeling :D.

Frosty as shit though real too bad about the herm heh. Still have some fine smoke!

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
yeah man, looked her over today, and GOD DAMN, she's getting so frosty. Might keep one of her clones in the back of the veg just in case.
First time I've ever had a good problem in life: the buds are getting so fat their starting to make the branches lean outward!
Guess I'll need to get some bamboo and tie them bitches up so they keep gettin nice n frosty.

And remembering from before when I asked, "You think I'll get two oz's outta this?"
Uh, yeah, really sure I'll get 2 now, lol. 4 doesnt seem too far outta the ball park right now. at least a good solid 3 I'm betting. :)

papaduc

Veteran
Yeaaa... there it is fella. Can't wait to see how these finish. Looks like you're going to be happy now no matter what.

Any ideas for strains for the next run yet?

All the best son.