What's new

First Grow (Cali Backyard Greenhouse)

El Bandito

Sorry for the weird misspellings. I am a relatively new iPhone user and the autocorrect feature is killing me. Just wanted to add that I just smoked a bowl of bud from that plant I took down yesterday. I had clipped the bud a few days earlier. It's potent! Taste could be better but maybe the cure will help. Woot!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
looks good considering your bug tussles. I would not be afraid to let them go longer if
you can hold out. looks like a success from my desk!

Zdub7k

let em go bro...the longer the better...I havent taken a single lady yet..gotta let the flowers ripen, then the smell will be more pungent, as well as a good manicure to remove the hay smell (chlorophyll) from the nice frosty buds.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
try a couple macro shots with the phone... i'm using my ipad to shoot my weed now, it takes better picks than my canon.

El Bandito

Things have stabilized and I've chilled out a bit. Just letting those girls ripen for now. The two I had to take early yielded around 4 oz of buds each, and an additional 2 oz each of trim/loose buds. I'm guessing the remaining 4 plants will be similar in yield. I think the hot summer stalled the growth a bit. Indoors next time!

Zdub7k

Indoors is much more expensive bro....plus, you cant duplicate the sun...I prefer outdoor, but I still run indoor all winter long. You have tons of good times ahead bro, oh the joy of learning!

El Bandito

Oh man I'm really enjoying the learning part for sure! Got a bunch of BOG Sour Bubble seedlings going already. Not too worried about the expense- I have the $ to spend. Just want to grow some amazing meds some day.

I still plan to do an outdoor run next season again, but I will need to find a strain that is more heat resistant. That being said, I want to thank you all for talking me off the ledge and making me wait for the harvest. The weather finally cooled down, the buds are still growing, and I'm seeing some good Fall colors. Pretty purple breaking out in some of the buds.

El Bandito

Pics:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349825167.791397.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349825185.512128.jpg

El Bandito

Question for you experienced growers: I stopped feeding the plants almost 3 weeks ago, anticipating an earlier finish. Now I might even go another 2 weeks. Will it help at all if I feed them one more time? I'm in organic soil, the full Earth Juice line, liquid kelp, ewc...

Or do I just let them go? Thanks!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I have fed straight through with zero flush most of the time... sometimes i will take my
week 8 recipe and water it down by half for any weeks beyond 8 that they finish. I'm in coco.

when I did organic soil I kept up the EWC teas + guano till the end.

I vote for more food if you want them to fully develop...

where did you pick up the seeds? I saw that there was a dispensary up there
that carried BOG seeds. I'm more impressed with the quality of the seeds that I grew
compared to the clones I bought. I will be looking for some different seeds on my next
run through nor cal.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Live and let die.
I saw the pics above after the last post.
those look done to me. maybe pull the tops at least and leave the bottom to finish.
looks like a nice fade on them. good work!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Actually ordered the BOG seeds from Seedbay but they have them at Two Rivers dispensary close to downtown Sac.

yeah, that's the one... I have not been over to Sac area in 20 years.
have you tried the Sour Bubble flowers there?
i've never tasted it but i want to.

El Bandito

I have spent way too much on the Sour Bubble flowers there. They are grown by BOG himself. I am trying to avoid re-upping so I can save some money. My weed isn't bad but BOG has made me into a snob.

El Bandito

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349916111.171772.jpg

Sorry I didn't get better pics before I smoked the rest. I can see how I overlooked this strain in the past- jar appeal is modest. The buds are dense green with brown pistils and the smell is an earthy pink gum flavor, very subdued. I learned about it online while searching for easy but potent strains for novice growers.

The flavor is not too strong- semi harsh smoke that delivers some cottonmouth. It packs one hell of an indica based donkey punch, though.

I am a serious smoker, every day all day. This stuff gives me a serious head rush sometimes. The label should say "may cause involuntary Tebowing".

I have seen GSC and OG buds that look and taste better, but I think SB is the most potent strain I have ever tried. It's a pure indica high though, with couchlock and maybe a nap later on. I am training for the NYC Marathon in a few weeks and the SB is a tremendous pain killer. I've been using it after long runs to eliminate acute pain due to osteoarthritis and muscle/joint wear. Even with my huge tolerance, 2 puffs gives me 60 to 180 minutes of pain free living.

My perfect scenario would be to grow half Sour Bubble and then find an equally famous and potent pure sativa. Best of both worlds.

El Bandito

Ok Chunky- She's ready for chop chop bright and early in the am. Will be interesting to see how it ends up after the dry and cure. Dense bright green buds with purple on the sugar leaves. Fruity skunky odor.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350177686.757308.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350177704.897553.jpg

Penguin59

El Bandito man what a ripper grow for your first run, those plants look beautiful! I am so stoked that I tuned in right at this critical moment for you and your girls. Mind if I poke my head over the crowd to watch the finale???

Have just read through your whole thread and am wrapped to read of another grower just like me who values all the little feelings that you get from these plants. I loved all your imagery of a racing heart at the first sign of trichomes and feeling like you're slaughtering a pig when cutting them down haha. Good to hear that someone else's missus gives a bit of flack too. Thought it was just mine...

Was just cursing out all you lucky Cali growers for being able to unleash your hobby in the great outdoors with free lighting and space but then was annoyed to hear that your county changed the rules on you. Good luck on starting an indoor crop but I guess a benefit of that is it means you can run plants year-round from now on.

Feel free to stop by my thread too to check out an indoor crop if you have a spare minute

Be well friend,
Penguin

El Bandito man what a ripper grow for your first run, those plants look beautiful! I am so stoked that I tuned in right at this critical moment for you and your girls. Mind if I poke my head over the crowd to watch the finale???

ditto!

Looks great bro. You did great considering what you dealt with.

I'm going to build a greenhouse next year FORSURE. All these threads are making me so horney for one.

waiting on a final smoke report

Latest posts

Latest posts