What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow bunches of questions

Huggie bear

Here is what they all look like thus far.

More or less they all look this way I am not seeing any balls so I an optimistic

G

Huggie,

I like your setup, nice and clean. I can't wait to see your box full of dankness

art

Huggie bear

How long does the stretch typically last for?
My totally sativa KC is at the lights I am going to have to tie ot down in a day or 2

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Transition duration varies from strain to strain. Generally speaking, Sativas take longer--I've had a couple transition for 3 weeks. Your plan to bend her back sounds like a good one. Or elevate the light, and elevate the shorter plants--if that's possible.

This is one disadvantage of running different strains. Harder to maintain an even canopy, which can potentially hurt yield in the long run.

peace

Last edited:

Huggie bear

Yea I have a few indica dominant strains that are inches behind the others.
If I tie down the tall plants they will be just about dead even tho..

G

Two to three weeks then when you making buds the buds grow up to the light. Have you determined sex yet?

Huggie bear

I cant really tell yet still a noob to all this..
I don't see anything that looks like balls on any of the plants yet and they are approaching 2 weeks in bloom. I will try to get some decent macro shots of them to post in a couple of days. They just reached the light today which runs super cool so I dont see them getting burnt by it so tomorrow I will tie them down.

Huggie bear

Ok so I just took a close look and out of the 6 planted only one has balls all the rest are clearly female!! very excited..
The only male I had was one of the kalichakra which happened to be the shorter indica dominant 1 of the 2.
So now I will remove that one and have more room to tie over the giant KC.

Huggie bear

So it appears that 4 out of the remaining 5 have stopped the stretch finally! I had to do another tie down on my kalichakra but the nodes are looking good.
I cant seem to find my camera but everything is looking pretty good.
I have been hitting them every other watering with the open sesame which has gone well.
I will be introducing some cal-mag I think this week as the leaves are starting to show some signs of def. for it.
the have been in flower since April 18th So I think at the end of this week I will begin to transition to Big Bloom and be pure BB by the end of next week.
I will try to find the camera and get some node shots up as soon as I can..
You know you enjoy growing when A larger portion of your home buying searching takes in to account if the basement is unfinished so you can design a completely hidden grow/toker den in it :)
Happy growing..

PS.. you think a Carbon scrubber would be able to remove the smell from a toker den?

Last edited:
G

Huggie bear said:
You know you enjoy growing when A larger portion of your home buying searching takes in to account if the basement is unfinished so you can design a completely hidden grow/toker den in it :)
Happy growing..

PS.. you think a Carbon scrubber would be able to remove the smell from a toker den?

lol I have been there lol

I draw out new house plans all the time or should I say new grow room/house plans..

one of those big ones with a big fan and all should work? you know one of those big tube things, they suck all the air out of the room in a little while , but then you would have to worry what air would be going back in the room if you are using electric for cool air in the summer time you would be sucking all that bought air outside I saw something rigged up one day with buddy of mine who sales used cars it was a five gallon bucket with big fan on the top sucking the smoke in we just blew the smoke in the fan, I guess it worked I don't know I was high.but when I went in his office it didn't smell like pot to me and I am sure he gets high in there all day everyday.

G

This is just like the one my friend has

minds_I said:
Hello all,

Frogger, this is what I use in my office...it is basically a DIY room air filter. It just a 5 gallon bucket, hardware clothe, a 6 in round duct fan (Broan 673), a leviton variable fan speed control and junction box, some carbon, a few tools and some foam and tape and viola.

Works exceedingly well. I smoke in my office where I have clients and the CF is always on when I am smoking (not with my clients). It also helps to keep the smell out of the ajoining room and the rest of the house.

I recommend one to everyone.

minds_I

G

Man that thing looks sweet... Anyone got a DIY link on it??? Might need to build me one for the "den"
Huggie - any new pix for us?

art

Huggie bear

OK I found the camera finally and took some update pics for you all.
They are a bit dark as i went over board trying to adjust the exposure,

I am very pleased with the over all process thus far and have decided I am not going to bother with cloning and just go for a complete reveg pm the 5 ladies.
about the time the first harvest is dried and cured the reveg should be well established.
I will test each of the plants keeping my favorite of each strain for a LST grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts