What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow bunches of questions

Huggie bear

doing a bit of research and it this best fits the result
Phosphorus (P) deficiency during vegatative growth. Many people mistaken this for a fungus, but look for the damage to occur near the end of leave, and leaves the color dull greyish with a very brittle texture.
odd to say the least.

Huggie bear

OK big picture update time.
here are my Chimera Grapefruit x blueberry these are the ones that have really taken off!

Next up are my kalichakra they are about 5 days behind the others they took a bit longer to break soil.

Next up the strawberry cough they are coming along well.

Everything has really taken off since being transplanted in to larger pots with FFOF soil.
I Feel i did them a disservice by waiting so long to transplant as well as having them so close to the lights at such a young age.
grow and learn I guess.

Huggie bear

Do you think now that they are in FFoF soil I can switch back to my Poland spring water.
would the nutrients in the soil be enough to counter the lack in the distilled water?
I love the stuff It has a PH of 6.2 consistently!

I would get a bigger flowering area, 26 inches is way to short if you want descent yeilds for all your hard work. I wouldnt bloom in anything under 3'.

Huggie bear

They have completely taken off!
The third set of leaves did have a couple of spots but nothing more it didn't take off so no worries I think..
I feel the improper Ph was locking out the Phosphorus uptake.
the Kalichakra and strawberry cough have just about equalized in growth rate but the Chimera Grapefruit x Blueberry are just dwarfing them.
I want to top them soon and try my hand at using my bubble cloner thing.

The cab is 34 tall dtoker but after subtracting for the cooltube, the hooks, and general distance you normally would want to stay away form the tube I figure about 26 inches of growing height.
the first portion of my cycle is just to sex them and get the knowledge of how these plants respond. of course I do plan on finishing my birth plants while the clones root and take shape.
Once I have the clones rooted in dirt and back under the veg lights I will be doing some topping and lst work on them until the birth round finishes up. of course i will be discarding the males.
the clones will be scrog for experience as I am a lone stoner growing strictly for my own person use. I care more about quality them quantity.
Last 8th I had I made last for a month lol.

jmn2dmb

Good stuff for your first grow and a nice setup aswell, alot nicer then my first PC grow but then again I hit it just right and got all females and threw them outside for an awesome first grow... lets see if i can do it again and i hope you get blessed with those pretty little flowers and not some nasty balls

Huggie bear

jmn2dmb said:
Good stuff for your first grow and a nice setup aswell, alot nicer then my first PC grow but then again I hit it just right and got all females and threw them outside for an awesome first grow... lets see if i can do it again and i hope you get blessed with those pretty little flowers and not some nasty balls
Thanks they are pretty happy and soon to be topped.

how long after topping should I wait before putting them in to the bloom cab under my 150 watt Hps on 12/12.

Huggie bear

Well I put the first coat of paint in the bloom cab today.
Unfortunately the interior of the cab has a smooth surface so it is going to take several coats to get the coverage I am looking to get.
I have drilled the 2 inch passive intake holes as well those will have 90 degree pvc elbows installed to limit light leakage.
All I have left is to drill for my exhaust and scrubber and she is ready for my babies.

Huggie bear

ok I have put the final coats of paint on the cab and will be hooking up the carbon srubber in a couple of days..
Meanwhile I have topped my chimera and kalichakra plants putting the cuttings in to the fridge for stasis.
I hope to have the bloom box up and running by the end of the week....
exciting times ahead.
I decided against topping the strawberry cough and will instead run a reveg on them for the fun of it..

Huggie bear

Finally put them in the bloom cab just now :jump:
I have not as of yet hooked up the carbon scrubber the smell has not warranted it.

they seem to have sucked the nutrients in the soil all up so i gave them just a 1/4 dose of open sesame.

not all to worried about the yellowing on the bottom couple of leafs as I will most likely be trimming them sooner or later.

Last edited:

Huggie bear

Came home today to find that some jackass was nice enough to take out a pole down the road and we had been with out power sometime between 10am and 4 pm! I know i got at least 6 hours of light but it wasnt a nice 12 hours cycle I would have preferred!
Hopefully it doesn't tick of my plants to much.
Other then that the grow is going well I will be hooking up the scrubber soon as the smell is starting to pick up considerably.
I have been dosing with 1/4 per gallon of open sesame since the 28th and that took care of the yellowing that was beginning to appear.
Really wish I would have went with a little taller pots and started flowering sooner but to late now.
They are starting to stretch and I think I am going to have to tie them down as I only have about another foot or some of space left.
Debating putting a 150 CMH set up in the cab this winter to add to my 150 hps as I really think I could bump the lighting up quite a bit with out heat concerns.
Still can not tell what sex they are but I am not seeing anything on them that looks like the male photos I see around but its till early.
I will post up some pics tomorrow.

G

It will probably let you know sex quicker , I have did 14-10,, 13-11 to start with but that wasn't for a Micro and I wasn't worried about the stretch .. they will be fine. good luck with the ladies , peace

huggie :wave:
looking good buddy! have you thought of lst? i think that pulling those tops down would completely solve the height problem. your tops will grow to about the same height and give you a very full canopy. usually greater yields too.

i better go back and read the thread,

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nice thread

Nice thread

Great show HB!! Very nice job, and you've had some good folks helping you out.

I hope you get some females from Chimeras stock...any news yet???

Lookin' good!