What's new

First grow: 300+ plant 3000 watt vertical

Grizz

Veteran
Lol... Ambitious aren't you? I can't believe you're growing extreme sativas, and over 300 plants from seed for your first grow. Balls to the walls...

I'm sparing you the lecture about not being ready, cause it sounds like you're already comitted... So get some pics up so we can see what's up and help you out...
brings back memories of my first attempet at indoor, 13 metal halide 1000 w, big 48 ft by 32 ft steel building, 120 sativa planted str8 in ground, flowered in 120 degree temp, spider mites, white flys, good god what a failure, this was back in 1980 so i dident have the internet to learn from but belive me i learned the hard way. lol..

Incognegro

brings back memories of my first attempet at indoor, 13 metal halide 1000 w, big 48 ft by 32 ft steel building, 120 sativa planted str8 in ground, flowered in 120 degree temp, spider mites, white flys, good god what a failure, this was back in 1980 so i dident have the internet to learn from but belive me i learned the hard way. lol..

Wow, that was over 30 years ago, and I still feel ya pain!:cry:

You didn't have the net back then? I did:scripture::tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
lol damn joesy, I wasn't even born yet!

do you think gradual progression is the way to go?

I'm not joesy but...

Ya don't normally start off managing the ranch... Normally you start with picking up the horse shit, and move up to feeding the pigs...

Doesn't it just make good sense to learn how to fly before jumping in the captain's chair?

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
best of luck to ya. keep it simple and dont try to make the plants grow... let them grow ;)

Grizz

Veteran
Wow, that was over 30 years ago, and I still feel ya pain!:cry:

You didn't have the net back then? I did:scripture::tiphat:
nope, dident even know how to turn one of these thing on untill 5 yrs ago. there is so much info now for the beginer . almost to much info at times,

Bobble your right about working your way up, thing is i grew up on a big farm, thought i could grow anything, boy was i in over my head, but that one failed crop taught me more than i have learned in the last 20 yrs. dont get me wrong , i still learn everyday especialy from guys like you, zoolander, greyskull, subrob, the list goes on and on. if this man thinks he can do this grow i say go for it, if he succeds it will suprise me but you never know until you try, dont be scurd.

bobblehead

Veteran
nope, dident even know how to turn one of these thing on untill 5 yrs ago. there is so much info now for the beginer . almost to much info at times,

Bobble your right about working your way up, thing is i grew up on a big farm, thought i could grow anything, boy was i in over my head, but that one failed crop taught me more than i have learned in the last 20 yrs. dont get me wrong , i still learn everyday especialy from guys like you, zoolander, greyskull, subrob, the list goes on and on. if this man thinks he can do this grow i say go for it, if he succeds it will suprise me but you never know until you try, dont be scurd.

The pictures I have in my head of these grows... I laugh so hard at them, b/c I've been there too... lol... Not that big, but 2k bare bulb stadium with gutters and 2-300 clones... I actually monocropped, but that was just cause I only had one strain to run. I didn't have the money for seeds, so having a mom was the only affordable option.

That's how you learn right? by making mistakes... killing plants... So yeah, run 300+ plants... and you're going to have that many learning opportunities. :smokey:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not joesy but...

Ya don't normally start off managing the ranch... Normally you start with picking up the horse shit, and move up to feeding the pigs...

Doesn't it just make good sense to learn how to fly before jumping in the captain's chair?

Well...not to be argumentative, but their was that wunderkid; "Aerohead".

CannabisFox

totally agree

Have read from a few (very few) growers which got almost 1gpw with their first grow. But not vert, only one lamp and enough money to buy the newest tech shit.

Here are so many factors..but he could get an acceptable yield.
well maybe he doesnt care an just do it for fun. if ya have the money - why not? :tiphat:

Grizz

Veteran
End of page 2 and still no pics??? It's like trying to jerk off to a romance novel.
LOL. CRACKED ME UP.

bobble every time i remember that first grow i bust up laughing, if i only knew then what i know now.

whodare

Veteran
OP, my first grow was a smashing success but it certainley wasn't perfect or easy check my sig, remember the 6 P's

Proper
Planing
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
kinda of sounds like a clusterfuck waiting to happen, but we shal see.

i just popped 200+ seeds and it's def. a clusterfuck, but i have a 4 lighter just for popping seeds aside from my production grows...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck bro, but like Goozman said, some pictures would relieve the pressure!

RJ99

Hope this satisfies your guys thirst for pics for now... I didn't mean for it to be so long to get any pictures uploaded. I didn't know how to remove the exif data and didn't have much time until now. I'm working a full time job and a part time job, I'm a busy person for now. Uploading the pics had to take a back seat to my job and my security concern with the gps info in the pics. As you can see my seedling girls need transplanted into their new containers in order to make room for the second wave of vegging seeds.

I have begun transplanting them variously to 1 gallon grow bags, 2 gallon grow bags, 2 & 3 gallon smart pots, and 9 liter square pots. Transplanting sucks, bad. At least with this many seedlings it sucks. The girls started in the miller lite cans lost half their root mass on the jagged aluminum when they didn't slide out cleanly. I charged the transplant media with Superthrive and rooting enhancer ph 5.8 ph water. I'm still going to water with plain water for a couple days except the critical + which seems to grow twice as fast the more I nute burn it. The rest of them can take a couple days and grow and get better. In the 8x8 veg room, all but 5 of the plants are autoflowers. As you can see, I've even added a vertical concept to the horizontal vegging.

Last edited:

RJ99

Why are you fertilizing seedlings?

Good luck with this. (I reserve the right to call bullshit unless we see some pics.)

If you have photoshop you can easily remove EXIF data by clicking "save for web".

Now I know... It's been trial and error thus far.

I'll post more pics within a day now that I know how to do it quickly.

Latest posts

Latest posts