What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FireFox Users: Speed up Mozilla Firefox about 3-30x Faster

Makk

I don't understand how to modify my network pipeline to true.
I tried typing "about"config" in the address bar and it took me to wikipedia. I'm not the best with computers as you can see. What am I missing?

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
U can't modify ur pipeline if u ain't reaching the right page.?. Do this:
Step 1
In the address bar :http://www.icmag.com/etc.... Type: about:config

Then to change from false to true u double click on it. follow the explanation on page one u can't go wrong bro. Do it a few times so it get easy to u.

Makk

???? Sorry man, I don't understand.....I know where the address bar is...do I have to be on ICMAG web site to do this?? In your last post you didn't say if I had to type HTTPS://WWW.ICMAG.COM. You said type, about:config is that all that goes in the address bar?

Wait...I think I got it!!!!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as if you were to type "https:www.icmag.com"...

you type in "about:config" then you hit enter and you shall see the path

Makk

OK...got it...works great....Computer stuff is something I'm just learning about. Thanks for the patience. And I'm not even stoned

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Easiest way to make firefox faster:.

Use Google Chrome..

LOL.. FF has been giving me grief lately.. thats why I kinda switched.
I still use it.. kinda sorta.. mebby..

budlykush

It's cool but, how do I restore the orig. FF theme?

I found it. It's under the tools menu. Choose add-ons and you can delete from there

Last edited:

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
RE: Firefox Extensions

While it probably has a limited appeal to the average Firefox user there are a couple of extensions available called 'Firebug' and 'Web Development' which is for web site developers.

They're free and light years ahead of commercial products like Adobe Dreamweaver as well as most/all of the others.

If you're into doing serious web site development these 2 'free' extensions are well worth looking at, IMHO

YMMV

CC

lambs, when i type nothing in the address bar but about:config, it takes me to that menu. i scroll down to network and pipeline and when i click to change the false to true it just highlights that line. as soon as i type in the letter T, it takes me down the page to the first 't' topic. when i right click, i get an option drop down. one says "toggle". is that what i click on? i am afraid i will f something up.

HELLLLLLP with Firefox Sticky [above]

HELLLLLLP with Firefox Sticky [above]

See that thread????

See the last post????

See the date of it????

Can somebody who understands WTF! he's talking about answer my question? My 'puter is slower than the Second Coming of Christ, but it's STILL faster than Lambs Breads reply!!!

Last edited: