What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FireFox Users: Speed up Mozilla Firefox about 3-30x Faster

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
while on the firefox topic, i cant seem to see videos on certain sites using adobe flash player. ive tried just about everything in my knowledge but i can seem to figure it out. any help?

B

Bazarocka

did you take out your adobe and reinstall???. I was having that problem, and it work 4 m3.

MickTheBrag

firefox

firefox

mofilla firefox is good as long as you dont have toolbars and too many programs running.
and set your options too perfomance. then firefox is probably the best browser option available.

but i still recommened some people trying chrome.:dance013:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
much more of a difference...

why wouldn't mozilla have made alterations begin with?

it seems like something has to be affected by this

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
absolutely amazing thank you

Thanks Moses.

while on the firefox topic, i cant seem to see videos on certain sites using adobe flash player. ive tried just about everything in my knowledge but i can seem to figure it out. any help?

Have u updated ur flash player?

did you take out your adobe and reinstall???. I was having that problem, and it work 4 m3.

Good!

mofilla firefox is good as long as you dont have toolbars and too many programs running.
and set your options too perfomance. then firefox is probably the best browser option available.

but i still recommened some people trying chrome.:dance013:
I heard Chrome work pretty damn good on vista...

mebe I call my next strain firefox...*itches would stop foxtailing no matter how far from the light they were.

:dunno:

much more of a difference...

why wouldn't mozilla have made alterations begin with?

it seems like something has to be affected by this

Well u get it as the basics and then customize it ur self. Like any car or computer, I got a MacBook Pro, it is ok but since i added memory and switched the hard drive it work like a killer.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Firefox 3.x - Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Firefox 3.x - Mac OS X (10.6.2)

When I typed in 'about:config' after installing the newest version, the numbers noted in the original post were lower than the Default Settings, recommended '30' and the Default Setting is '50'

Then again it could be the changes that I made in the previous version - I can't remember.

Bottom line is that I would recommend sticking with the '50' as application installs and not dropping it back to '30'

I haven't checked it out on my Linux partition yet.

HTH

CC

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
When I typed in 'about:config' after installing the newest version, the numbers noted in the original post were lower than the Default Settings, recommended '30' and the Default Setting is '50'

Then again it could be the changes that I made in the previous version - I can't remember.

Bottom line is that I would recommend sticking with the '50' as application installs and not dropping it back to '30'

I haven't checked it out on my Linux partition yet.

HTH

CC

I think i have heard somewhere that firefox increased the last version speed... I will have to give it a try...U are using 3.6 right?

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I think i have heard somewhere that firefox increased the last version speed... I will have to give it a try...U are using 3.6 right?
LAMBS-BREAD

Correct - on all 4 partitions, i.e. Mac OS X, Windows 7 and 2 different Linux distros are running the new version Firefox 3.6

HTH

CC

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Lambs-Bread

If you're interested in high-end browser technology (which WOULD include Firefox for example and WOULD NOT include any version of MSIE), you might want to play with WebKit for sh!ts and grins. WebKit is the browser engine for some (though certainly not all) Nokia smartphones.

It's also the browser engine Apple's Safari (available for the Windows platform) which is based on the Unix/Linux browser/file manager known as Konqueror.

At any rate, WebKit has nightly builds as the link indicates so you can get the latest improvements before final release. The WebKit browsers (Safari, Konqueror, et al) along with Firefox 3.x which can pass the web standards validation site known as Acid Test 3

Hit the Acid Test 3 site with every browser you have installed and see how well different browsers come to achieving valid rendering of strict, valid (X)HTML, CSS, etc.

For what it's worth................

CC

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
im loving firefox, which i recently switched to from IE,
then i saw this thread and wow!! if i'll be damned those qucik hax work great

until now - im trying to sign into 'my verizon' to get some pics and basically everytime i try to sign in the sign in page flashes up for about 4-5 seconds, i try typing in my user name and it instantly reloads the page!!! wtf.
im not sure if its a pop up issue or what - pretty annoying to say the least

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
alright now im pissed - i allowed pop ups and its still doing the same fucking thing.

i alreadly deleted IE

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
im loving firefox, which i recently switched to from IE,
then i saw this thread and wow!! if i'll be damned those qucik hax work great

until now - im trying to sign into 'my verizon' to get some pics and basically everytime i try to sign in the sign in page flashes up for about 4-5 seconds, i try typing in my user name and it instantly reloads the page!!! wtf.
im not sure if its a pop up issue or what - pretty annoying to say the least

damn bro this is sick! im trying to figure out where that could coming from...I don't allow pop ups not even for icmag but i never got no pb. I don't use verizon, will ask around and see whats up bro...